MV Leisure World Poker Series (Tournament Details)

Languages : Vietnamese & English
Important Information
Languages : Vietnamese & English
*Please use English in the main forums.

Re: MV Leisure World Poker Series (Tournament Details)

Postby bluestallion » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:45 am

Has anybody stayed overnight on board the standard cabin?

Will there be the siren every now and then like Longjie? :shock:

It was really annoying so I couldn't sleep well :evil:

If one can sleep peacefully without the blaring of the siren, I will go coz I need sufficient rest for my WCOOP on Sunday night.

And as for the main event payout, if we assume there are 128 players and the winner will get 20% of the total prize pool, then the winner will get roughly = 128 x S$220 x 20% = S$5,632.

Hmmm...
bluestallion
ABC Poker Player

Postby support » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:08 pm

support
Site Admin

Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby MJFX » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 pm

bluestallion wrote:And as for the main event payout, if we assume there are 128 players and the winner will get 20% of the total prize pool, then the winner will get roughly = 128 x S$220 x 20% = S$5,632.
Hmmm...

Its not always about the prize money..
you get to meet like-minded kakis and pit your skill against some really good local players you don't often see in SG.

But having said that, i think there will be trophies given away and kaki forum badges etc..(Admin can confirm?
And If you bust uncle bob, you will get his autograph foto too, though not sure whether got wear clothes one or not. :o
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby sengkang » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Quick question - What are the blinds for the ring games and what are the rakes?
sengkang
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ikelos » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:05 am

sengkang wrote:Quick question - What are the blinds for the ring games and what are the rakes?

the cruise will be spreading 2/5 and 1/2, with rakes at 5% at a $40 cap.
ikelos
Site Admin

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby krushhead » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Sure I want to go there! Only thing I don't get is how to get there. from where is the boat leaving and so on. Can you give me the details please?
krushhead
New Fish

Postby DM101 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:47 pm

krushhead wrote:Sure I want to go there! Only thing I don't get is how to get there. from where is the boat leaving and so on. Can you give me the details please?

Check out these threads dude.

viewforum.php?f=116

As a poker player, you have to learn to be more observant. :D
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby krushhead » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:39 pm

DM101 wrote:
krushhead wrote:Sure I want to go there! Only thing I don't get is how to get there. from where is the boat leaving and so on. Can you give me the details please?

Check out these threads dude.

viewforum.php?f=116

As a poker player, you have to learn to be more observant. :D

:D

As far as know my reads are my best skills ;)

But seriously: I really can't find if the ship is leaving from Tanah Merah or if I need to take a ferry to some other place.
krushhead
New Fish

Postby ikelos » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 pm

You get on a ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, which brings you to Batam. After which there will be a ferry transfer that takes you directly to Leisure World. You can call the New Century Tours hotline to reserve your ferry tickets in advance. check out the aforementioned FAQ for the details.
ikelos
Site Admin

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby rekop_team » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:09 pm

MJFX wrote:
bluestallion wrote:And as for the main event payout, if we assume there are 128 players and the winner will get 20% of the total prize pool, then the winner will get roughly = 128 x S$220 x 20% = S$5,632.
Hmmm...

Its not always about the prize money..
you get to meet like-minded kakis and pit your skill against some really good local players you don't often see in SG.

But having said that, i think there will be trophies given away and kaki forum badges etc..(Admin can confirm?
And If you bust uncle bob, you will get his autograph foto too, though not sure whether got wear clothes one or not. :o

Agreed with MJFX! It's not always about the payout, that will be a bonus if you do win/cash in on the tournament. It's always good to test yourself against better players..

As for uncle bob's foto, i think i'll request he sign on one with clothes on please! lol...
rekop_team
New Fish

Postby cianopher » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi, ikelos,

Looking at the ferry schedule, what is the recommended time to depart in order to make it to the registration on time? From the FAQs, it takes 1hr 15mins, then you have to be at the terminal 1 hour before. So I guess, 9:45am at the terminal, departing for 11am ship?

And in cases where people bust out early, they can go back to SG in the same way they came right? And the timings are eg. 6:45pm or 8:30pm? (Departure ship TO Tanah Merah)
cianopher
Shark

Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Postby MJFX » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 pm

krushhead wrote:As far as know my reads are my best skills ;)

But seriously: I really can't find if the ship is leaving from Tanah Merah or if I need to take a ferry to some other place.

Then you must be giving all of us the reverse tells... must watch out, very tricky. :D
MJFX
Great White Shark

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby yugsy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 pm

:D

I'm in! looking forward to catching up with a few kakis!
yugsy
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby krushhead » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:13 pm

IN!!! If I catch the right boats of course ;)
krushhead
New Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Vietnam - forum.pokerembassy.net