Thank you, LWPS.

Anything and everything about the MV Leisure World

Thank you, LWPS.

Postby kklp » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Fresh off from shaking off my disappointment (quite funny, actually) of not being able to claim my raffle-won ME seat, I thought since LWPS is currently wrapping 2 successful seasons why not start a thread where we could show our thanks for the organisers for giving all of us a heck of a great time every middle (most of the time) of the month?

First of all though, on a more personal level, the LWPS helped me fulfill my dream of playing in a live poker tournament. I've always not been much of a cash game player - I naturally thought my tighter approach to things would be more suited for tournys. Lo and behold the first LWPS where I had high hopes for finishing and finish I did... I busted before level 4.

Obvious game leaks aside, that first series gave me everything I'd envisioned in a live tournament. The exhilaration, the nerves, the drama, the tells, the chips crackling -- everything that only playing live could give you. For all the other subsequent events, it only got better and better (13-card poker? Who would've thought!)

That said, I think we all know how much of a pain it is to organise tournaments. Getting players to take their seats, drumming up interest for side events are all part and parcel of running one. Yet, I've not seen a single frown from any of the great, great people who run the series.

So here it is, thank you LWPS. Thank you for all the free beer, food and countless good times we've had over the past year. Thank you for making live tournaments accessible for poker newbies like me. Thank you for continually working so hard over the weekends to keep things going. I can only imagine you guys love doing what you do and sometimes that is all that matters. :)

Here's to fantastic year and to many more ahead! Nice hand, sirs. And thank you!!
kklp
ABC Poker Player

Re: Thank you, LWPS.

Postby cindy128y » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:31 pm

same as me,first time there,n see them like a schoolmates get togehter,fun and laughter there.I bet all of them enjoy the moment there,once u are there,u will understand what's pokerkaki mean.saw ppl from like phuturist,stussyboi,daddz,ub,eraiser,saul2008,ikelos,ivan,bryuan,angmotan,averick,tiltdonk,norbert,bomberman,eleester,arknight,freddy.............,but next year not sure when then have this event,.january i dont think so When is the next event,lol!
cindy128y
New Fish

Postby kklp » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Come on kakis, lets all show a little appreciation :)

Could possibly hurry along planning for season 3 hahaha :D
kklp
ABC Poker Player

Postby averick » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Ok my english isn't as flowery as lucius's, so just wanna say a big thank you to them for going through all the hassle to give people like me the chance to experience live poker tournaments! Hope the next lwps will arrive soon.
averick
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ikelos » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:50 pm

thank you for the kind and thoughtful words Lucius. It's genuinely humbling and gratifying. At the same time, it's really nothing without the continual support of you guys, and we're always thankful for it. Genuinely hope we can keep this going as long as we can. =]

thank you too cindy. appreciate the gesture. =]
ikelos
Site Admin

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Phuturist » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Thank you everyone for being a part of this! Without the fans, this event can't go on! So let's all give our support as much as we can!!! :D

Thanks to ikelos, 8ivan8, DM101, Bird and the dealers!

I have made many friends and crossed poker swords with many kakis, may the force be with you!

I can't put into words how much fun and laughter I get during my LWPS trips, but I look forward to Season 3 and sharpening my live poker experience! :)

Cheers guys!
Phuturist
Shark

Medals: 7
Good Seller (7)

Postby cianopher » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:11 pm

I would like also to reach out my appreciation to the PokerKaki Team and the organizers of LWPS live poker tournaments.

It has been a fun ride all along. Met new people and fellow kakis, especially my idol - Bryan Huang. :D

It is definitely a fond time to cherish these memories.

Hope to see this continue, and I can't wait till Season 3 starts.

Holla,
cianopher (Christian Christopher)
cianopher
Shark

Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Postby Afternoon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:43 pm

I wanna say a big THANK YOU to Team Pokerkaki for bringing legal live poker tournaments to the community.

I knew just how much hard work THE team has put in right from proposals, many meetings, planning and organising till the days of running these wonderful events.

LWPS Finale brought a closure to a successful series and I believe we shall have more and better events from Team Pokerkaki in the fore coming 2012.

Thank You, Thank You and Thank You.

Afternoon (UB)
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby DM101 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 pm

First of all, a big thank you to kklp for posting this thread. I knew that my Heng Heng handshake gotta make you lucky but you've already left the cruise when you were the CHOSEN one for the Main Event. Well.....

I would also like to thank all the devoted kakis that have been supporting us since LWPS Season 1.

Without you guys, there won't be LWPS at all.

Thank you guys.

Love you all!

:D :D :D
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby eleester » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Ok finally have chance to sit down and type this reply.

1stly, kudos to Team Pokerkaki. Great job in running the LWPS events. They never seem to run out of gas. Every night or even to the wee hours of the morning, they are the last to go back and the next day they seem so fresh! Dunno what they eat sia.. so full of energy.

2ndly, I also want to say a big THANK YOU to bringing poker tourneys to the Poker community in Singapore. Without you guys, we would have to go Macau or other place to experience the thrill of tourneys.

3rdly, really looking forward to LWPS Season 3. Hope more players will join and make LWPS a bigger event!

3 Cheers to Team POKERKAKI!!!
eleester
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby kklp » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:06 pm

ATM bad beat me right before I boarded the ferry. Sit and Go bad beat me to only finish 2nd twice. As luck would have it, the raffle bad beat me when I was already on mainland.

Wouldn't change a thing because I still had fun :) This thread is the very least you and your hardworking team deserve (also big props to the sponsors and LW for being so generous).

Keep the generous comments coming kakis!
kklp
ABC Poker Player

Postby MJFX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:50 pm

cindy128y wrote:same as me,first time there,n see them like a schoolmates get togehter,fun and laughter there.I bet all of them enjoy the moment there,once u are there,u will understand what's pokerkaki mean.saw ppl from like phuturist,stussyboi,daddz,ub,eraiser,saul2008,ikelos,ivan,bryuan,angmotan,averick,tiltdonk,norbert,bomberman,eleester,arknight,freddy.............,but next year not sure when then have this event,.january i dont think so When is the next event,lol!

Who saw u there cindy? At the start of the main event, you were at which table? And who else same table? Hehe
Just curious
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby molaboy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:07 pm

definitely coming back. thanks to the daddz for convincing me to come.
the crowd and organizers are pretty accommodating. enjoyed it even though I came short of the money.
played a huge amount of hands online but never live, i still cant forget showing my AJ there at the end of day 1, spoiled the fact that im just pretending to be a regular but a noob live. haha

special thanks to DM for unlocking my account pokerkaki account. promise no more spamming. ahihi
molaboy
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Phuturist » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:14 pm

molaboy wrote:definitely coming back. thanks to the daddz for convincing me to come.
the crowd and organizers are pretty accommodating. enjoyed it even though I came short of the money.
played a huge amount of hands online but never live, i still cant forget showing my AJ there at the end of day 1, spoiled the fact that im just pretending to be a regular but a noob live. haha

special thanks to DM for unlocking my account pokerkaki account. promise no more spamming. ahihi

I'm a noob too, showed my nut flush to the player next to me. Cards should have been dead but dealer didn't know.
Well, we all learn right? That's why it's called experience!
For me it's the waiting game that I've gotta learn... Can run good online but damn impatient live...

Anyway last but not least, I reckon the AJ wasn't good enough and it's a good thing it was mucked... Not a good spot...
Phuturist
Shark

Medals: 7
Good Seller (7)

Next

Return to The Leisure World Poker Series