Do bookmakers have to honour bets?

Anything that you want to talk about.

Do bookmakers have to honour bets?

Postby FelixFluxx » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:38 pm

I took an ante-post bet recently with a well known bookmaker where the odds were roughly 10x that of the standard market valuation. Unsure as to why there was such a big price discrepancy but I took the bet anyways and I have a screen cap of the bet receipt which shows the odds, potential pot payout and receipt no.

Today the odds for said selection have been reduced significantly on the related market. However, the bookmaker in question is also now showing these significantly reduced odds on my betslip when I log into my account and view my open bet. Interestingly enough, the figure for the potential pot payout remains the same.

Surely if you make a bet and have proof of this bet then bookmakers can't just renege and change the odds of your bet as and when they wish. Wouldn't that totally undermine the bookmaker?
FelixFluxx
New Fish

Re: Do bookmakers have to honour bets?

Postby garlik333 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:55 pm

Palpable error rule I'm afraid. If the odds were clearly wrong in the first place, then they can do just that.
I recommend using this https://1xbet.mobi/en/ bookie cause I`ve never had a problem with them.
garlik333
New Fish

Return to Off Topic