Odell Beckham Jr. is questioning his teammates with the New

Presented by Amusement World.

Odell Beckham Jr. is questioning his teammates with the New

Postby liny195 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:48 am

Well Youth Evan Engram Jersey , fans of the team have questions, too. Which is what our Big Blue View mailbag is for. So, let’s open it up and see what questions spill out.Ed says: Well, sure. They have a fullback [Elijhaa Penny]. They have enough tight ends. But, you’re telling me you want them to take Sterling Shepard off the field on a regular basis and replace him with a tight end or fullback? That’s not a good use of your personnel. The Giants need to give the ball to Saquon Barkley as a running back more than 10 times per game, but lining up play after play with a fullback, two tight ends and only a single wide receiver isn’t going to happen. Nor should it.Christopher Scott asks: Four games into the season and the revamped offensive line is still not allowing for big plays to develop. I understand there may not be a proven Pro Bowl lineman sitting at home waiting for a phone call. Are the Giants bringing anyone in during the week to try out, to at least kick the tires on some FA? Ed says: Christopher, I haven’t heard of workouts the past couple of weeks. That said, the Giants have added two offensive tackles — Brian Mihalik and Jylan Ware — to their practice squad in recent weeks. I’m sure they are aware of who is available. If they thought, however, that someone on the street was better than the players they have they would have signed him already. There is a reason guys are available at midseason — the other teams have judged them not to be worthy of a roster spot.Seth Weissman asks: Based entirely what you’ve seen from the Giants so far this season and assuming they finish with one of the 5 worst records in the league, if a top QB is available, would you draft him or an OT with the first pick in April’s draft?Also, I love Barkley, but can we all admit that since the Giants had decided to hold onto Eli as starting QB, they should have traded down in the first round and nabbed a different RB or Bradley Chubb and another OL?Ed says: Seth, I’m not going to commit to anything when it comes to the draft. There are 12 games yet to play. The college season is still in full swing. The draft is roughly seven months away. I haven’t, to be honest, studied a single college prospect. And I won’t for several months yet.I have no clue what I would do. There isn’t enough information at this point to make a decision. I don’t know where the Giants will be drafting, who will be available, how the players on the current Giants roster will perform the next 12 games, what free agents they will sign or lose. There’s just no point in worrying about, or trying to figure that out, now.As for the trade down scenario, I don’t think we should “all admit” that it’s what the Giants should have done. Saquon Barkley is a wonderful player. Trading down and adding picks is the scenario I would have preferred since the Giants weren’t selecting a quarterback, but they got four really good players at the top of their draft — Barkley, Will Hernandez, Lorenzo Carter, B.J. Hill. That haul is hard to complain about.Gino Phillips asks: What is solution to [Curtis] Riley’s play at safety?Ed says: On the current roster Landon Collins Jersey , I’m not sure there is one. The Giants let Darian Thompson and Andrew Adams go, and the only work either has been able to find is on practice squads. Which tells you the rest of the league wasn’t enamored of their abilities. Michael Thomas is not a free safety. Maybe the Giants give undrafted rookie Sean Chandler an opportunity eventually, but right now that’s about all they can do.The real answer is that they are going to have to look for an upgrade in the offseason, whether that is via free agency or the draft.I do understand why the Giants gave Riley the safety job. He is usually in center field, and the Giants wanted a player with range and cornerback skills. Riley has those. What he doesn’t have is the ability to tackle or take proper angles in pursuit of ballcarriers. Per Pro Football Focus, Riley already has six missed tackles in four games. He is missing one of every four tackles he attempts. For the guy who is the last line of defense — or for any NFL player, really — that isn’t going to cut it.CTscan123 asks: We had exactly 2 good players on our offensive line last year. We let them go and spent the money to retain them on the highest paid “average“ tackle in the league, A guard with no history of success, and over the hill running back, and a $10 million middle linebacker Who can’t cover. Then we let our promising replacement center go because we couldn’t afford him. Looks to me like we lost three good players, gained one overpriced average one and not much else worthwhile. Seems to me that excluding the draft pick, which we could have made anyway, that there is less talent on the offensive line this year than last year. How is this focusing on the line? Shouldn’t we already be shouting for Gettleman’s head?Ed says: No, fans shouldn’t be screaming for Gettleman’s head. Has every move he has made worked out perfectly? No. That’s the case for every GM of every sports team. The reality of it is the Giants have not been a good team for most of the past six or seven years. That doesn’t get fixed overnight.You wanted Gettleman to spend close to $100 million on Justin Pugh and Weston Richburg — the best players on an offensive line that has been terrible for years? That’s basically advocating the status quo. I happen to like both players, but the brutal truth is neither one plays the position where the Giants absolutely had to have help — left tackle — and neither one is worth the money they got paid. Pugh got five years and $45.025 million. Richburg got five years and $47.5 million.Right now, Pugh is PFF’s 73rd-ranked guard and has given up 15 quarterback pressures. Only three guards have given up more. Gettleman would be getting destroyed if he had given Pugh that kind of money for that kind of bad play. For all the complaints about him, Patrick Omameh (three years, $15 million) has given up nine pressures. Will Hernandez, drafted to play Pugh’s left guard spot, is PFF’s third-ranked guard overall.I’m not sure I like what the Giants did at center, but when you think you can adequately fill a position for $40+ million less than you would have had to pay Richburg, I can’t argue with that philosophy. As for how is it focusing on the line, I don’t see any starters (other than Chad Wheeler) who were in the lineup last year. So, yeah, that’s different. They’ve done a lot. Is it perfect, or finished? No, but they have only had one offseason to try and fix something former GM Jerry Reese couldn’t get right for most of a decade.Ed says: Ummm ... I think that’s what they’ve been doing. Quick, underneath throws to try and get yards after catch. They’ve been bowing to the idea that teams are playing soft and forcing the underneath stuff. They need to create more chunk plays, and one way to do that is run the ball more, force the defense to put extra guys at the line of scrimmage and open up lanes down the field. Bubble screens and quick stuff is what we’ve been seeing.JDatchko asks: With hindsight Authentic Jon Halapio Jersey , worse move, signing Jonathan Stewart of trading Brett Jones? Ed says: It seems like many fans want to fry Gettleman for these two moves. Truth is, I understand both of them.I get why the Giants signed Jonathan Stewart. He’s a former first-round pick who has had a lot of success in the league. Gettleman knows him well, knows what kind of person he is, knows he was a good locker room presence in Carolina and knows that he can be a good influence on Saquon Barkley. By all accounts, he has been that for Barkley.When you take over a 3-13 team that had a fractured locker room and a losing culture, finding the right kind of veteran locker room leaders is critical. It’s a big part of why Stewart was signed.Now, did Gettleman overpay Stewart and misjudge how much ability he had left on the field? Yes to both questions. The Stewart contract is a bad one, and before he went on IR he hadn’t shown anything on the field. Again, though, I do understand why Gettleman wanted Stewart to be part of the 2018 Giants.As for Jones, I have also said before that I understand why the Giants traded him. I was surprised by the decision to start Jon Halapio over Jones. Once it was made, though, trading Jones made sense. The Giants were desperate for cap space, Jones was one of their few tradeable assets, and we’re finding out that John Greco is just fine at center. I had less problem with trading the guy than I did with not giving him the starting job to begin with. [E-mail Ed at bigblueview@gmail.com or via the Big Blue View Contact Page | Follow Big Blue View on Twitter | ‘Like’ Big Blue View on Facebook | Follow Big Blue View on Instagram]Giants at Panthers staff picks, predictions: Does anyone believe in the Giants? Can the 1-3 New York Giants, badly in need of a victory, upset the 2-1 Carolina Panthers on the road Sunday? Let’s see what your Big Blue View staff writers believe.Chris PflumCan the Giants pull off the upset? That’s the question with which we’re all faced. The answer to that is, “of course they can.” This is football, and anything can happen on any given Sunday. But will they? Well, that is an entirely different question. The answer to that, to me, comes down to which Giants team we see take the field against the Carolina Panthers. All week long we have tried to figure out what is wrong with the Giants’ offense. The Giants’ scheme itself isn’t a sorry, broken thing like what Ben McAdoo fielded, but the result has been little different from the previous two years. The opportunities have been there for plays down the field, but too often they have been passed up for safer options — or the safer option was taken before the bigger play could be made — unless the team was desperate. Far, far too often, the Giants have played offense like a team frightened of losing, rather than playing like a team bent on winning. The discussion has gone back and forth Cheap Evan Engram Jersey , whether it is the fault of Eli Manning — the quarterback making the decisions — or Pat Shurmur for coaching the offense this way. But at this point, at 1-3 with their season already on life support, it doesn’t matter. Either Shurmur needs to coach to win or Eli needs to rediscover some of the “gunslinger” he had before McAdoo arrived and he had to adapt to a conservative West Coast Offense. I do believe both are capable of it. Despite all the pessimism that has already built up, we have seen sparks of that old Eli in this offense, and we have seen this offense attack defenses in Minnesota without the plethora of talent it currently has. If that offense comes out of the tunnel in Carolina, they can win and it wouldn’t even be an upset, because they can be so much better than they have shown. But will they? So far we’ve only seen that only sparingly, and that isn’t enough to inspire confidence from me. Panthers win.Final score: Panthers 27, Giants 20Season record: 1-3Dan PizzutaThe key to the Giants success is of course going to be what the offense looks like. The Carolina defense hasn’t been the top-10 unit it’s been in the past, but it’s still in the top-10 in a few places on defense. The Panthers rank eighth in DVOA against opposing No. 1 receivers, sixth against No. 2 receivers, and ninth against running backs in the passing game. Those just happen to be where the Giants are good on offense. The weaknesses in the Panthers’ pass defense — 22nd against “other” wide receivers and 30th against tight ends — just aren’t places the Giants can exploit right now.What we’ll see — rather quickly, probably — is whether the Giants think they need to take downfield shots or if they’re content with the short passes they’ve gone with for the first four weeks. The Carolina defense ranks 30th in big play rate allowed, so this would be the time to take some shots. But the Panthers will also have Eric Reid at safety, which is an upgrade to the back end of their secondary.On the other side of the ball, it’s all about stopping Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey, which the Giants haven’t really shown they can do. The Giants are surprisingly eighth in DVOA against opposing running backs in the passing game, and while they held Alvin Kamara to 47 receiving yards last week, they let him run for 134. Between play-action and option plays, the Panthers are going to use a lot of deception to open up big plays. Once they get into the open field, it’s anyone’s guess if they get tackled. Curtis Riley is tied for fifth among defensive backs with four missed tackles — a 22.2 percent rate — and quietly Alec Ogletree is tied for third among all defenders with five broken tackles for a 31.2 percent rate. Newton and McCaffrey aren’t easy to bring down when the defense has a good angle. Without it, it’s almost impossible. Final score: Panthers 27, Giants 17Season record: 3-1Fanpulse PicksGiants fans at Big Blue View think the Giants will lose by 1.Eagles fans at Bleeding Green Nation think the Eagles will win by 5.Patricia TrainaFool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...Okay, so you know how the old saying goes. When I see this Giants team, I see a group that has a lot of talent but for whatever reason is just not coming together like a lot of us (okay, me) thought they would by this point in the season.Head coach Pat Shurmur and the players continue to preach patience. They continue to insist they’re getting closer. I’m sorry but we heard the getting closer line a lot last year only to have our hearts broken week in and week out. I do believe that the Giants are on the right track, but I also think they have a long way still to go before everything comes together. They’ve yet to show the can handle the zone read with any consistency, and after seeing how Alvin Kamara hurt them last week, I shudder to think what Chirstian McCaffrey is going to do.Final score: Panthers 28 http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-kareem-martin-jersey , Giants 20Season record: 1-3Joe DeLeoneLuck was not on the side of the Giants this season. This early stretch of the year has been rough, especially because of the talented teams they have had to face. It does not help they have to take on another NFC South contender this Sunday.Facing the Panthers is not what the Giants needed to overcome a rough first quarter of the season. Despite having a good opportunity to put out a good offensive showing, a win does not appear in the Giants’ future. The most daunting part of this match up is the Panther run game. Coming in with a league best 166 rush yards per game, it is hard to imagine the G-Men will stand much of a chance. The double headed monster of Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey will prove to be too much for this Giants defense that has struggled mightily to stop the run. Last week they faced a similar running back who is an elite pass catcher in Alvin Kamara, and got torched.While the secondary should expect to have a good game, run defense will be the determining factor. Final score: Panthers 33, Giants 24Season record: 1-3Andrea HangstI see no reason for the Giants defense to be able to stop the Panthers’ top-ranked run game this week, and if that run game helps Carolina get to a lead early, the Panthers won’t have a reason to stop running, either. And while Eli Manning and the Giants offense may yet right the ship, expecting that to happen on the road against Carolina this Sunday doesn’t seem like the time or the place for it. Final score: Panthers 26, Giants 16Season record: 2-2Mark SchofieldCan this offense get right in a hurry? That’s the question facing Eli Manning and company, and they’ll need to do it against a defense that boasts a tough front seven. If there is one silver lining in facing this Carolina Panthers defense, it is that the secondary keeps it pretty vanilla in the back third. The Panthers are a zone-heavy team for the most part, often using a lot of Cover 3. There should be opportunities on those comeback routes and out routes that Manning missed in the direction of Odell Beckham last week. As we have seen with this offense, however, opportunities do not always translate to points. Until we see better execution from this unit it is hard to feel confident about their chances.Final score: Panthers 26, Giants 14Season record: 1-3Kevin HaswellThere’s no doubt that the Giants have the talent on their roster to win most weeks. That’s the part I can’t figure out. I want so badly to be able to pick the Giants to win every week but the more I pick them to win and the more they disappoint, the harder it is for me to pick them moving forward. So this week, instead of being left disappointed after another Giants loss, I am going to pick the Panthers to win decisively. The Giants will stick in this game for one half, but Carolina pulls away late to get the Week 5 win. Final score: Panthers 24, Giants 14Season record: 1-2 (no pick made in Week 4)Ed ValentineMaybe this is the key for the Giants. For the second time this season I’m about to make it a clean sweep — with everyone here at Big Blue View picking the Giants to lose. The last time this happened, Week 3 vs. the Houston Texans, was the week the Giants actually won a game.No big analysis here. Simply this — until the Giants show they can play good offense and win a game I’m just going to continue to pick them to lose.Final score: Panthers 30, Giants 24Season record: 0-4
liny195
New Fish

Re: Odell Beckham Jr. is questioning his teammates with the

Postby Cyberpankman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Speaking of instagram, I know one pretty useful service, in order to increase the number of followers in your account. Plus the fact that the service provides in the followers of real people. Here is this service https://xplodsocial.com/. Try it.
Cyberpankman
New Fish

Return to Singapore Poker Championships (SPC)