Hi all

Please introduce yourself to the community here. E.g your name, age, profession, how long have you been playing poker..etc. Share & discuss your poker experiences with us. Make yourself at home.
Important Information
1) Do introduce yourself to the kakis.
2) Don't post any home games, events or meet ups in this section.

Hi all

Postby matthew » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi all,

Played with some of the guys last nite, namely Changs and his friends. He told me about this forum so here I am. Im new to the game too so im here to learn and hopefully improve (and not play my AA n KK like how i played them last nite!).
matthew
New Fish

Re: Hi all

Postby DM101 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Welcome to the forum Matthew.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby ohboy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:20 am

wanna post those hands you speak of?=)
ohboy
Shark

Postby ChanGs » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:51 am

hey matt!
Glad u turned up. Nice meeting you here, hope u enjoy this forum.

peace out
ChanGs
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby matthew » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 pm

haha, lets see, if my memory serves me correct i made 2 big mistakes playing that 2 hands. Please correct me if im wrong changs coz its one of those things nitemares are made of.

for AA, i limped in coz the whole nite, whenever i raised pre-flops, someone will re-raise me. i was in mid-position. ended up no one re-raises, all limpers. i cant remember the flops except that it was harmless looking, too harmless in fact. oh there was a 2, no face cards, rainbow, unpaired. so i betted about half to 3/4 of the pot and all folded except the player on my right. so i still have position. turn came, another non-face card. i bet out about half the pot. again just a call. i was suspicious already.

river came n the player on my right immediately ALL IN. i thought for awhile and flipped over my AA and sigh. the player of my right suddenly said yes and i told him i havent foled and he sat down. i was seriously suspicious. what the hell could he have? did he yes coz he thought i called with AA and he had me beat or he thought i laid down my AA which was the better hand? the all-in was $120. nearly my whole stack. after thinking it through the entire hand made no sense to me and i folded. he showed me a 2 in his hole card and murked the other.

i have no idea whether that was a good laydown but it sure made me kill a lot of brain cells.

for the KK hand, well i will just summarise it as i didnt raise big enough pre-flops, post flop and let a player in a later position caught his two pairs. right changs? haha
matthew
New Fish

Postby matthew » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 pm

by the way, any games this friday or weekends? i stay in the lorong chuan area.
matthew
New Fish

Postby ohboy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm

matthew wrote:for AA, i limped in coz the whole nite, whenever i raised pre-flops, someone will re-raise me.

Sweet dreams are made of these
who am i to disagree=)

you don't want a re-raise with AA?
ohboy
Shark

Postby matthew » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:10 pm

oh i was waiting for a re-raise that didnt appear. its one of those nights when i try to be fanciful with a marginal hand by raising pre-flops and someone re-raises me. so with AA i just called and waited for a raise so that i can re-raise. but hey, shit happened and no one raised and i went into the flops with 4 others.

well doyle brunson said before that AA is a hand u win small pots and loses big pots. haha
matthew
New Fish

Postby vaevictis » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:16 pm

matthew wrote:
well doyle brunson said before that AA is a hand u win small pots and loses big pots. haha

Believe doyle brunson at your own peril. AA is everyone's biggest winning hands over a large sample. How much you win with AA is a function of how you play your other hands, your image, your style. (May be hard to understand but you will figure it out as you play alot of poker)
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby matthew » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:50 pm

yup, i understand what you mean. everyone has a different style of playing. thats why when i see players calling others stupid or crazy for making a call on an oversized bet i think that was uncalled for. i mean, yeah he made the call and suck out on you but as long as you play correctly in the long run thats what matters.

anyway, yeah i guess AA is the hand to have to take in the money but it does matter how you play it. well, im still relatively new to the game, haven't played much so im just here to learn.
matthew
New Fish

Postby ChanGs » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:51 pm

I guess how much to raise to isolate also depends on the table.

For the kings hand, you bet out pot on the flop. Which is a good line.

But maybe you could have checked the turn. keeping the pot small.
ChanGs
Challenge Poker Player

Postby matthew » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:00 pm

well i guess there is no reason for me to check the turn because you didnt re-raise me on the flops. i thought that my hand was still good on the flops and when the 9 came on the turn it still looked harmless. but who would have known, that was the card that killed me and when you called my big bet, i know i was gone hence i check the river.
matthew
New Fish

Postby newbie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:14 pm

i think i wld've called with your AA hand. i had a read on the other guy :P
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive