Macau Poker Cup Jan 2014

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

Re: Macau Poker Cup Jan 2014

Postby eversman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:32 pm

where u guys normally stay at macau? Affordable but not too shady.
eversman
New Fish

Postby Kungfusion » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 pm

PokerDroid_S wrote:Hi KungFusion,

Since u're the instigator, why not get a big room & house all the kakis under one roof or maybe Bryan upgraded suite room can contain everybody. Probably we can play some late nite cash game in the room as well.

Hi Bro Pokerdroid,

Not looking to share as my wife and son are coming along.

Ive booked Sheraton where Bryan is staying. Maybe you want to consider there?
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby stussyboi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:53 am

anyone wan share room from 15th onwards?
stussyboi
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby RicO » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:23 am

Eric soh here. I'll be staying in venetian from 17-22, it's big enough for 6-8 pax. if u guys are interested, and dont mind sharing beds or slping on the couch, since it's probably all guys anyway, can chip in a lil to share the cost, was thinking maybe $150 per pax and u can stay for the whole 6d5n which amounts to $30 per night. But cap at 6 pax max as i have another fren coming on 18. City of dreams is just 5 mins walk away frm venetian, so u dont have to worry bout traveling or being late for the tournys.
RicO
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby RicO » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:45 am

if there's more kakis i'll lower the cost as well
RicO
New Fish

Postby Kungfusion » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:23 pm

RicO wrote:Eric soh here. I'll be staying in venetian from 17-22, it's big enough for 6-8 pax. if u guys are interested, and dont mind sharing beds or slping on the couch, since it's probably all guys anyway, can chip in a lil to share the cost, was thinking maybe $150 per pax and u can stay for the whole 6d5n which amounts to $30 per night. But cap at 6 pax max as i have another fren coming on 18. City of dreams is just 5 mins walk away frm venetian, so u dont have to worry bout traveling or being late for the tournys.

Great offer! Thanks Eric and see you in Macau!
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Postby MJFX » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 pm

Hey guys, count me in the contingent. Im playing ME only. Stop and go. Play day 1c, no hotel.. will just stay at a spa if make it to next day. If not, next ferry home. =)
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby fleung22 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Brasstal wrote:Sorry for late reply been travelling.. from what I just checked 10th-21st January average rate per night is $1,250HKD per night before taxes..

Kakis...I would JUMP on this if you want to be anywhere close to City of Dreams where the MPC is held.

Not a marketing ploy, there's going to be NO HOTEL ROOMS near COD 'cause the chances for 1000+ players for the Red Dragon isn't "possible" but "probable"

As someone else mentioned, there are online PokerStars satellites that include hotel so that's another option. MPC satellites to the Red Dragon and Baby Dragon are running everyday so you got plenty of chances.
fleung22
Pokerstar Macau Rep

Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Kungfusion » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:57 pm

fleung22 wrote:
Brasstal wrote:Sorry for late reply been travelling.. from what I just checked 10th-21st January average rate per night is $1,250HKD per night before taxes..

Kakis...I would JUMP on this if you want to be anywhere close to City of Dreams where the MPC is held.

Not a marketing ploy, there's going to be NO HOTEL ROOMS near COD 'cause the chances for 1000+ players for the Red Dragon isn't "possible" but "probable"

As someone else mentioned, there are online PokerStars satellites that include hotel so that's another option. MPC satellites to the Red Dragon and Baby Dragon are running everyday so you got plenty of chances.

Thanks Fleung22! Btw can i just get an official answer from you as I have been getting differing views. Are we allowed to re-enter 1b or 1c if we busto 1a main event?
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Postby DM101 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Kungfusion wrote:
fleung22 wrote:

Thanks Fleung22! Btw can i just get an official answer from you as I have been getting differing views. Are we allowed to re-enter 1b or 1c if we busto 1a main event?

Unfortunately you can't. this is not LWPS lol
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby RicO » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:08 am

Kungfusion wrote:
RicO wrote:Eric soh here. I'll be staying in venetian from 17-22, it's big enough for 6-8 pax. if u guys are interested, and dont mind sharing beds or slping on the couch, since it's probably all guys anyway, can chip in a lil to share the cost, was thinking maybe $150 per pax and u can stay for the whole 6d5n which amounts to $30 per night. But cap at 6 pax max as i have another fren coming on 18. City of dreams is just 5 mins walk away frm venetian, so u dont have to worry bout traveling or being late for the tournys.

Great offer! Thanks Eric and see you in Macau!

see ya there! :)
RicO
New Fish

Postby fleung22 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Kungfusion wrote:
fleung22 wrote:

DM101 is correct. The Red Dragon event is a classic freezeout. There are no re-entries as is the case with most of the tournaments at PokerStars LIVE Macau.

The Macau Millions is probably the only notable exception plus certain High Roller events which may have a rebuy/re-entry element.
fleung22
Pokerstar Macau Rep

Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby RicO » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:19 pm

currently there's 1 kaki who will be staying with me.. anymore interested?
RicO
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby vicyafos » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Sofitel is the same price as Sheraton, and Sofitel rooms are def a class higher than Sheraton but there's the need to cab.
vicyafos
ABC Poker Player

PreviousNext

Return to Asian Poker News