May 2009 Battle on the High Seas is back! [Register]

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

May 2009 Battle on the High Seas is back! [Register]

Postby DM101 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:59 am

Dear Kakis,

Get your shades, Ipods and hoods ready everyone! The MV Long Jie’s got more of your favourite Texas Hold’em tournaments coming up on the last weekend of May! With larger fields and expanding prize pools every month, there simply isn’t a better place to pit your tournament skills against the finest players in the regional community. We’ve already crowned 3 champions so far; will you be the 4th? Be sure to hop on board on the 29th of May for your share of tournament glory, swollen prize pools, and the juiciest cash games in town!

What:

Battle on the High Seas IV

1) No-Limit Texas Hold’em 2nd Chance Tournament (Main Event)
May 29th (Friday), 2009, 9pm
$320 + $30 buy-in
All players are permitted 1 rebuy for 5000 chips at any point of the tournament (player MUST bust to be eligible for a rebuy)

Sit-n-Go satellites to the main event will be available upon demand.

2) No-Limit Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament
May 30th (Saturday), 2009, 3pm
$100 + $15
Unlimited Rebuys up till the first break, 1 optional add-on at the break.

Tournament Director: Celebrity poker player, Ivan Tan

Where:

MV Long Jie Asian Cruise
Cruise to nowhere
Departing from Harbourfront Daily

Here are the room rates for the Long Jie (weekend charges),

$80 - standard (seperate beds)
$100 - superior (queensize bed)
$120 - quads ( for 4 people)
$200 - Deluxe (5th floor)

Contact Mr Black @ +6592311336 the day before boarding to book your ticket.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested kakis pls register your forum nick on this thread.
Thank you.

1) No-Limit Texas Hold’em 2nd Chance Tournament (Main Event)
May 29th (Friday), 2009, 9pm
$320 + $30 buy-in

1. DM101
2. unclemutton
3. ikelos
3. WSOPTH
4. necrohavoc
5. Nkotb
6. eRasier
7. GusHandsome
8. Thias
9. Froggy
10. Aaron Lam
11. Jack Ng
12. Afternoon
13. Baba
14. Bacarrat uncles x 5
15. Asiangravy
16. munchu

2) No-Limit Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament
May 30th (Saturday), 2009, 3pm
$100 + $15

1. DM101
2. ikelos
3. unclemutton
4. WSOPTH
5. necrohavoc
6. Nkotb
7. HY2J
8. Froggy
9. eRaiser
10. GusHandsome
11. Thias
12. Froggy
13. Mrniceguy
14. Aaron Lam
15. Lo0o0o0n
16. Jack Ng
17. PyreneanIbex
18. Asiangravy
19. munchu
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: May 2009 Battle on the High Seas is back! [Register]

Postby HY2J » Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 am

I'd like to be registered for the Saturday event.
HY2J
New Fish

Postby necrohavoc » Thu May 21, 2009 2:56 pm

i must have hit the auto-register button somehow ..lol
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Medals: 13
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (4) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (2) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good home game host (1)

Postby ikelos » Thu May 21, 2009 3:22 pm

hey kakis,

if you guys have any questions on how to get on the boat, please post them here and we'll try to answer as swiftly as possible.

In the mean time, here's a rough guide:

1) It costs $60 to get onto the boat from Harbourfront. Hold on to your ticket stub as you will be able to redeem for $50 in either cash game chips, or towards your tournament buy-ins. So you're essentially paying $10 to get on the boat.

2) Food is free (buffett) long as you visit the restaurant during meal times. During non-meal times you will need to pay for your orders.

3) Cabins vary in price, but I think the entry level twin sharing cabin is $80 per night (two beds). Deluxe rooms and suites go for considerably more. Cabins are NOT free. You'll need to board the boat to ask for accom. on the spot, as they do not do advance cabin booking on weekends.

4) You will be able to get off the boat at many times during the day. There are small ferries that will take you back to the mainland every hour and a half (something like that). The small ferry trip will take up to an hour and forty five minutes back to Harbourfront. Which is why we advocate that players get on the boat Friday morning and get off on Sunday morning. On both occasions the boat will be docking directly at Harbourfront.
ikelos
Site Admin

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby eug1 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Question 1: if we register... and something crops up somewhere, what are the conditions to withdraw?

All players are permitted 1 rebuy for 5000 chips at any point of the tournament (player MUST bust to be eligible for a rebuy)

Question 2: hmm not sure about how this rule works, is it like the standard rebuy rule? or can a busted player wait till the game progress further and then rebuy? lol
eug1
New Fish

Medals: 1
Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby support » Thu May 21, 2009 5:21 pm

eug1 wrote:Question 1: if we register... and something crops up somewhere, what are the conditions to withdraw?

Question 2: hmm not sure about how this rule works, is it like the standard rebuy rule? or can a busted player wait till the game progress further and then rebuy? lol

Standard rebuy. Cannot wait.
support
Site Admin

Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby necrohavoc » Thu May 21, 2009 5:54 pm

so its not a re-entry ... hmm
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (4) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (2) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good home game host (1)

Postby ikelos » Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 pm

eug1 wrote:Question 1: if we register... and something crops up somewhere, what are the conditions to withdraw?

Hi,

1) there are no conditions to withdraw. you will only pay your buy-in at the tournament staging area on the day itself.

2) You can only rebuy if you have been busted from the tournament. If you elect to rebuy, you will need to do so immediately. So yes it is a re-entry.

Think we're just confused as to what 'standard rebuy' means. :D
ikelos
Site Admin

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby necrohavoc » Thu May 21, 2009 6:22 pm

ah .. so-ka

nande mo nai
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Postby Froggy » Thu May 21, 2009 7:44 pm

pls register me for the Saturday event too.

-looking at the cruise schedule can i safely say that i can take the 1030am ferry on Sat as the event starts at 3pm?
-also, where/who do i look for after i board the ship? (first time)

many thanks
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby DM101 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Froggy wrote:pls register me for the Saturday event too.

-looking at the cruise schedule can i safely say that i can take the 1030am ferry on Sat as the event starts at 3pm?
-also, where/who do i look for after i board the ship? (first time)

many thanks

You can definitely be able to arrive before 3pm.
Ask the staff to lead you to the Karaoke section. This is where the tourneys are held.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Froggy » Thu May 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Roger that. thanks DM101 :) i sent u a pm with my contact details could u drop me an sms if u dont mind? :) so i can call u if i holland hehe
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby HY2J » Fri May 22, 2009 4:27 pm

ikelos wrote:hey kakis,

if you guys have any questions on how to get on the boat, please post them here and we'll try to answer as swiftly as possible.

It is possible to get on the boat on Saturday morning and then get back to the mainland on that day itself after the tournament for example?

Secondly, what are the chip denominations and blind structures for both tournaments?
HY2J
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ikelos » Fri May 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Hello HY2J

Yes you can. Simply refer to the schedule above for ferry timings.

Starting stacks for the Main Event are 5000, with 25/50 blinds and 30 minute levels.

Starting stacks for the Rebuy Event are 2000, with 25/50 blinds and 20 minute levels.

Be assured that the blinds do not double through at every change, so most players will be sitting fairly deep, with lots of play.
ikelos
Site Admin

Next

Return to Asian Poker News