APPT Manila - Kakis update

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

Re: APPT Manila - Kakis update

Postby sparco635 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

oh dear....ricky is out??only norbert is alive!!oei mingshun why no report yet??
sparco635
New Fish

Postby MJFX » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Ricky busto

Yes , Ricky is busto early into day 2.
He has earlier shove 3 times to accumulate some chips but his final and 4th shove from UTG A9 got called by pocket queens to send him to the rail.

Nevertheless, it was a good performance.
It has been difficult since that hand on day 1 when he had 2 pairs vs Aces nut house cripped him.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby MJFX » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Norbert sent Celina to the rail.

ImageImage

From Asia.pokernews:
Just as we were talking about Celina Lin, the prettiest player on the poker circuit has just busted out of the PAGCOR Chairman's Cup.

Pre-flop, Celina shoved the rest of her stack in only to be called by Norbert Koh and Harry Bolz.

Celina: [As] [Qd]
Norbert: [Ah] [Kd]
Harry: [Ad] [Ks]

Celina hit her ace as the board ran out [6s] [3h] [8c] [Ac] [7c] but it didn't matter as the other two had the better kicker, splitting the pot between them
MJFX
Great White Shark

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby MJFX » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Some of finer details of the hand from pokerstarsblog:

5.35pm: Celina Lin eliminated
It was becoming increasingly likely as the blinds continued to climb - Celina Lin's tournament just came to an end.

The Team PokerStars Asia Pro moved in first with pocket eights, showing them when no one opted to call. But you wait for a caller for ages and then two come at once.

Celina Lin (AQ) shoved for 34,500 getting called first by Norbert Koh and then Harold Bolz. (both AK)

This was interesting, a triple up or bust for Lin, who stood up to await her fate. One player then asked why so many cameras had flocked to the table, which seemed a bit daft in the circumstances.

So would there be a queen to save the day? Well, that's not exactly how this game works.

The board ran 6♠3♥8♣A♣7♣.

"Dammit," said Lin smiling. "Where's my queen?"

After handshakes and good lucks it was left to tournament director Danny McDonagh to divvy up the chips, Lin making her way to the rail to re-live her day.

"I had an early double up with ace-queen against Chris Parker - I got lucky against his ace-king," said Lin. "Say that last hand was karma."

"It was a tough table because I was against two crazy loose guys. I would raise, they would call. I can't hit a flop so I'd lead out and they would raise. I just had to pick good spots.

It couldn't have helped being a short stack for much of the day on a table that had featured one time tournament leader Mike Takayama and Japanese player Hirohide Oka who would take most of Takayama's chips. Still, Lin was philosophical in defeat.

"It happens to us all the time," she said. "We travel around the world busting out of tournaments."
MJFX
Great White Shark

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby MJFX » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Lights Out for Norbert just before Dinner Break :| :|

Norbert Koh, with his stack running low, pushed all-in from under the gun for his remaining 15,400 and got called by both Oka Hirohide and Harry Bolz.

Flop: [6s] [2s] [6h]

As soon as the flop came, Oka declared all-in to the surprise of the table. Harry thought for a long time before finally making the laydown.

It was probably the right call as Oka showed [2c] [2d] against Norbert's . [Ah] [9c]

The turn was [9h] to give Norbert some hope but the river was the [7c] , sending Norbert out right before the dinner break
MJFX
Great White Shark

Previous

Return to Asian Poker News