WOW ! ( not warcarft...lol )

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

WOW ! ( not warcarft...lol )

Postby ayasak » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:08 pm

since there isnt any part of the forum for misc. chat or things outside of poker, i thought i'll post my thoughts here.

i've been lurking around the forum for some time, this forum had me realised there are alot of good poker players that i can learn from in Singapore (my friends dont play poker...and i dont like mahjong). I primarily play freeroll, partly coz i felt i wasnt ready to deposit real $, partly due to personal financial constraints. I was surfing the net and was bored, so i started reading poker blogs of DM101 and Felix Leong. I was greatly impressed by their success in poker. Gamers like DM101, Felix Leong(i consider u as gamer from the part u threw out your disc after u lost the "fight" ) are reaping great results, maybe it another "Hevad Khan" in the making? Of coz, there are also some others like Exabet & Jessperado who took 2nd place in the APPT 2nd round freeroll, Shawn ( The NUS Bonus Whoring Guy) i read on DM101's blog? For those good players out there whom i've not known u, please let me get to know u, so i can shun u and not lose $ to u...lol

Guess enough of nonsense from me. i probably be posting more from now on, but i think it'll be more beneficial for me coz i can learn from u guys. :mrgreen:
ayasak
Challenge Poker Player

Re: WOW ! ( not warcarft...lol )

Postby DM101 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:59 am

ayasak wrote:since there isnt any part of the forum for misc. chat or things outside of poker, i thought i'll post my thoughts here.

i've been lurking around the forum for some time, this forum had me realised there are alot of good poker players that i can learn from in Singapore (my friends dont play poker...and i dont like mahjong). I primarily play freeroll, partly coz i felt i wasnt ready to deposit real $, partly due to personal financial constraints. I was surfing the net and was bored, so i started reading poker blogs of DM101 and Felix Leong. I was greatly impressed by their success in poker. Gamers like DM101, Felix Leong(i consider u as gamer from the part u threw out your disc after u lost the "fight" ) are reaping great results, maybe it another "Hevad Khan" in the making? Of coz, there are also some others like Exabet & Jessperado who took 2nd place in the APPT 2nd round freeroll, Shawn ( The NUS Bonus Whoring Guy) i read on DM101's blog? For those good players out there whom i've not known u, please let me get to know u, so i can shun u and not lose $ to u...lol

Guess enough of nonsense from me. i probably be posting more from now on, but i think it'll be more beneficial for me coz i can learn from u guys. :mrgreen:

WOW. I used to played my Gnome Mage @ Blackrock sever in 2005. I sold my Mage for only SGD$850 to a rich kid after my Guild disbanded last year.
Yeah you should post more from now onwards...dun be lazy :ugeek:
My bad. I should create another off topic forum here. The main purpose of having this forum is to gather all the sg poker fanatics to discuss more about this game/sport. I think most of the members here are still learning from each other here. Most of us are constantly seeking the best way to improve our poker skills.
The NUS Bonus Whoring guy is Leslie. He has almost been to most poker sites and got himself a lot of goodies like poker books and free membership...etc You can find his blog @ the Poker Blog column.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby ayasak » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:07 am

oops...hahaha...my bad...sorry Leslie !

anyway...DM101 u shouldn't be sleeping so late, in that case u cant wake up early like me. people who wake up early are more successful ( my own interpretation from Mr Felix Leong's blog....hahaha...).

but please understand that, i only woke up slightly earlier to play the Bodog freeroll...wahahahaha
ayasak
Challenge Poker Player

Postby felixleong » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:29 pm

ayasak wrote:since there isnt any part of the forum for misc. chat or things outside of poker, i thought i'll post my thoughts here.

welcome to this forum , its good that we singaporeans have this place to chit chat and share thoughts/ideas on poker
feel free to speak your mind out anytime :)

btw yeah your guess is right, i used to be a competitive gamer
magic the gathering for 11 years and counter strike for 2.5

but CS really wasted my time , always the same top clans win, always join tournaments and kanna trashed like sai

any of u guys here played magic the gathering b4?
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ohboy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:41 pm

i played magic fanatically through my secondary school years.

Not a fan of CS though. I played quake2/3 competitively and i guess after quake, CS felt like a stupid game.
ohboy
Shark

Postby xeroe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:42 am

omg gamerz in poker!

I was also competitive in Unreal Tournament, some Quake 3 and 4, and CS. Overall, i wasted most of my late teenage years doing this. Sure, a little cash and prizes won here and there, but overall... its so... troublesome. I like competition, maybe thats why i also like poker? Maybe this game just attracts a certain kind of people eh?...

Btw i have a undead rogue in jubei'thos hehe
xeroe
New Fish

Postby Deepkiller » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:11 pm

i have a warrior in jubei , name is deepkiller
Deepkiller
New Fish

Postby vaevictis » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Haha seems like most poker players have a history with gaming...

I have played CS competitively in the old days with RaZ[3] and PwA, and lots of quake 3 mainly 1v1 maps, was Viavictus those days, if anyone could remember. I find quake 3 the most challenging of all, in which skills in quake >> skills in CS. Quake has a deeper dimension to it when played competitively.

Used to play WOW too, but find it a chore for the constant loot chasing, which is pretty lame and silly though.

Now its just poker, and I do hope poker remains viable in the future for a long long time.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby ohboy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:07 pm

vaevictis wrote:Haha seems like most poker players have a history with gaming...

I have played CS competitively in the old days with RaZ[3] and PwA, and lots of quake 3 mainly 1v1 maps, was Viavictus those days, if anyone could remember. I find quake 3 the most challenging of all, in which skills in quake >> skills in CS. Quake has a deeper dimension to it when played competitively.

Used to play WOW too, but find it a chore for the constant loot chasing, which is pretty lame and silly though.

Now its just poker, and I do hope poker remains viable in the future for a long long time.

Did you play quake2?

cause I found your face quite familiar the first time i met you.
ohboy
Shark

Postby vaevictis » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:12 pm

Nope...perhaps you saw me at some quake cum CS competition, which i was fairly active last time haha..
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby ohboy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:01 pm

quite possibly
ohboy
Shark

Postby xeroe » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:17 pm

vaevictis wrote:Haha seems like most poker players have a history with gaming...

Wow old school CSer lol

I suppose you are in one of those old Quake clans as well? War? Cant be Blood.

Yeah poker is alright... need to be more calm playing poker whereas when i was playing games i could just let loose a little more...
xeroe
New Fish

Postby justinisgood » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:36 am

wow. quite abit of gamers here huh. I wasted a good part of my teenage years playing CS too. Used to play with [Elm]. PwA & RaZ[3]? Wow. Top clans eh? Old school! Can't believe I did not live for anything else except cs during those years.
justinisgood
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Triaz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:21 am

Hello all, (new here so greet b4 speak)

I personally think most gamers end up looking at poker. It suits our mentality especially online poker. It's alot like farming in MMOs if you catch my drift.
Its like it has alot of the benefits games give without alot of the burden.(ok there are other burdens, but lets not go into that)

I don't miss guild administration, I don't miss having to farm constantly for a single item and still not getting it. Online poker at least has quite fast excitment satisfaction constantly.
:D
Triaz
New Fish

Next

Return to General Poker Chat