How to deposit money into poker websites. HELP needed!

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

How to deposit money into poker websites. HELP needed!

Postby CML » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:48 pm

I'm still very new to poker and i wonder if anyone can teach me how to deposit money into an online poker website. I only have a debit card and im applying for online banking. my request is being processed. is there anyway i can deposit into my poker acc without a credit card? im not really keen to do bank wires atm. i understand that u have to first deposit into webs like net teller and money bookers and so on, but they dun have the option of internet banking. i really need help. im trying hard to deposit but fail at every attempt.
CML
Challenge Poker Player

Re: How to deposit money into poker websites. HELP needed!

Postby DM101 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 pm

After seeing your bad beat posting, I guess you have already know how to deposit the money into pokerstars.
Hope you can manage your bankroll well.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby xeroe » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:50 pm

I think depositing money into poker sites online is pretty easy.... It has to be, if they want you to play, right?

But my question is... how the hell do i take it out?!?

I looked at Pacific Poker and they allow eNets, great! But to take it out requires?... Bank draft? 7 days?

FullTilt allows a couple of eWallets, which in turn accepts Mastercard, but how do i take it out?!

So yeah... maybe someone here with actual experience cashing out can tell me more about the process, the little niggly fees, etc etc. That would probably help a couple of other guys here out as well.
xeroe
New Fish

Postby suitedpairs29 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:03 pm

taking out the money is done through ewallets like neteller and moneybookers. you basically set up an account with them and tie them up with your local bank account here in good ole singapore. so what happens is you withdraw the money from the pokersite to your ewallet and then from your ewallet to your bank account. the whole process should take about 2 weeks, tops. the problem lies in the verification and certification process of your account in order for you to be able to withdraw from the ewallet. as mudspot will tell you, this took him the better part of a year.

also, some of the bigger sites allow check withdrawals, meaning they will mail you a check and just encash it.
suitedpairs29
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby xeroe » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:41 pm

It takes so long for them to verify a bank account? Damn... What ewallets are you guys using locally? And for which poker sites?

What about conversion rates? When i transfer SGD into the ewallets, where will the conversion be done and at what rate? Are the ewallets in USD, or can i set them to be in SGD, and then convert before sending it out to the poker sites?
xeroe
New Fish

Postby Guojing » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:55 pm

I am using moneybookers now but wondering about netteller. Is it possible to use eNets to deposit from your bank account in Singapore into netteller like what we can do for moneybookers?
Guojing
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 1
Article Contributor (1)

Postby vaevictis » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:40 pm

I have both moneybookers and neteller.

When first started playing poker...deposited from enets to MB then to party poker. From there i withdraw to my neteller account for good and use neteller to transfer money via poker sites.

Now the only time i use MB is when im withdrawing money back into my SG bank account. I dont really advice using MB to transfer money to and fro poker sites due to exchange rate fees. They buy and sell SGD to USD at different rates.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Jessper » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:06 pm

I've tried to deposit money into Neteller, but the transaction keeps getting declined.
Anyone facing the same problem as well?
I really want to start playing online too.
Could someone please assist me?
Jessper
New Fish

Postby juice14 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:15 pm

ok moneybookers works, enets works, but all my credit cards don't.... gah can't deposit nor withdraw cos they all can't be verified with moneybooker... of course Amazon works fine lol

So got to wait for the address verification crap in moneybookers b4 can withdraw right? ... or is there worse news....
juice14
New Fish

Postby donnylucky » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:26 pm

I've not withdrawn from MB before, but I had deposited into MB using UOB internet banking(bank transfer). Takes about 4 days?? can't really remember, but it's definitely less than a week. After that, I'd think withdrawing will be a breeze, since your bank account is verified with MB. No?
donnylucky
New Fish

Postby exabet » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:49 pm

Actually you can't use credit card issued from sg because of money laundering concerns. eNets is easiest. Trying to move money back from mb is very mahfun I remember because need to wire back and have the exchange rate charges. I actually had to wire back because I couldn't deposit using mb for gaming sites but then that was 1 year ago.
exabet
Challenge Poker Player

Return to General Poker Chat