Greetings from the west!

Please introduce yourself to the community here. E.g your name, age, profession, how long have you been playing poker..etc. Share & discuss your poker experiences with us. Make yourself at home.
Important Information
1) Do introduce yourself to the kakis.
2) Don't post any home games, events or meet ups in this section.

Greetings from the west!

Postby conquer001 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 am

Hello everyone! Glad to be part of this great community, but let's start off with a quick yet exciting introduction of yours truly.

I got introduced to Poker, specifically Texas Hold'em Poker when a friend sent me an invitation to play the very same game online via Facebook, about 2 weeks ago. Not exactly what you expect but I decided to give it a shot.
Unfortunately, I don't know nuts about the game and so read through the help page and got myself started playing within minutes. Soon, I simply feel in love with the game.

Coincidentally, my colleagues in camp (I'm an NSF btw) invited me for a Poker night at one his friend's house and I agreed, pressing the fact that I will only be willing to lose $50 over the fact that I'm simply looking to get some real experience in a real live game.

Sure enough the weekend came and I stepped up to the challenge. I can't put it in words but the best I could come up with is that it's so exciting! Such an adrenaline rush, like chess on steroids. Fortunately, I was able to escape unscathed from the table of experienced players, some even aggressive, and returned home with a pretty healthy profit too.

Thus, I decided to try to get to know more about the game in more in-depth and am currently considering procuring myself some decent number of normal chips for playing with family and friends, which is what I am currently doing now.

So there you have, a potential eager player in the field. I seek both guidance and friendship from the 'kakis' in this forum.
conquer001
ABC Poker Player

Re: Greetings from the west!

Postby DM101 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:05 am

Welcome to the forum, a forum where you will meet many kind and helpful kakis.
Hope you enjoy your stay here. :D
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby conquer001 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks for the welcome, DM101. Looking real forward to an enlightening time with the folks in this forum. =)
conquer001
ABC Poker Player

Postby felixleong » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm

welcome ^_^
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby conquer001 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks dude, appreciate the welcome.
conquer001
ABC Poker Player

Postby w00ty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:22 pm

hello, welcome!
i'm an NSF too haha. but i ording in march so gonna become civilian soon.
w00ty
ABC Poker Player

Postby conquer001 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Glad to hear that, man! I'm ORDing in early July myself. Say you've been playing any games lately?
conquer001
ABC Poker Player

Postby w00ty » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 am

conquer001 wrote:Glad to hear that, man! I'm ORDing in early July myself. Say you've been playing any games lately?

not very much haha i don't know many good players in real life yet. i've been playing on facebook too lol :D
w00ty
ABC Poker Player

Postby conquer001 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:27 am

aiya! Facebook no kick with most, if not all, the players treating the virtual chips like, well, virtual. There's no reading of players, no complexity, no humane touch to it. I'd prefer a real live game anytime.
conquer001
ABC Poker Player

Return to Member Introductions