Need some advice here on this hand

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Need some advice here on this hand

Postby AceisGoood » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:19 am

Hello guys, I need some help with this hand on two fronts. Firstly, did I play it right at all.
Could I have done a bigger re-raise on the flop. Explaining my psyche there, I was trying to get him to commit as much chips as possible to induce a call, and looking back I think I did give him the odds to call. But that said, he didn't call my re-raise, he went all in. Give me some thoughts on this hand if 1) I played it right 2) If he actually played it right as well (so I can learn from the way he played this hand and apply in the future as well)

This is because after the hand, we had a chat about it and he is convincing me that he made the 'right play' there. I understand he had a 40% chance of hitting his hand but going for a flush with a marginal hand like that, would he not have worried that I have the Ace Diamonds or something as well. He was very adamant, continually touting how he played great that hand and like it was natural for him to win that hand. So I am actually half convinced now, should it be that everytime on the flop I face a situation with more than 15outs, should I push all-in?

I am definitely not tilting and am actually happy about this hand, I got my aim. Hit a great flop, get as many people to commit chips as much as possible to induce all in before the turn.
I would also like to post this on cardschat but cannot do that as I am not a member and can't seem to register for an account, if anyone could help me, that would be nice to get some opinions from there as well.

PokerStars Hand #89540321882: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25 USD) - 2012/11/21 1:22:04 CCT [2012/11/20 12:22:04 ET]
Table 'Lugduna III' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: jaacsin ($30.86 in chips)
Seat 2: hakusho-nes ($27.34 in chips)
Seat 3: AceisGoood ($43.29 in chips)
Seat 4: YellowT7 ($25 in chips)
Seat 6: xptboy ($26.38 in chips)
YellowT7: posts small blind $0.10
renua.master: is sitting out
xptboy: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to AceisGoood [Qc Qs]
renua.master leaves the table
jaacsin: folds
hakusho-nes: calls $0.25
AceisGoood: raises $0.75 to $1
simeon05 joins the table at seat #5
YellowT7: folds
xptboy: calls $0.75
hakusho-nes: calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [7h 9d Qd]
xptboy: checks
hakusho-nes: checks
AceisGoood: bets $1
xptboy: raises $4 to $5
hakusho-nes: folds
AceisGoood: raises $4 to $9
xptboy: raises $16.38 to $25.38 and is all-in
AceisGoood: calls $16.38
*** TURN *** [7h 9d Qd] [Ks]
*** RIVER *** [7h 9d Qd Ks] [5d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
xptboy: shows [6d 8d] (a flush, Queen high)
AceisGoood: shows [Qc Qs] (three of a kind, Queens)
xptboy collected $51.86 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $53.86 | Rake $2
Board [7h 9d Qd Ks 5d]
Seat 1: jaacsin folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: hakusho-nes folded on the Flop
Seat 3: AceisGoood (button) showed [Qc Qs] and lost with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 4: YellowT7 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: xptboy (big blind) showed [6d 8d] and won ($51.86) with a flush, Queen high
AceisGoood
New Fish

Re: Need some advice here on this hand

Postby MJFX » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Will be surprised if didnt get it all in on the flop.
U raise for value + protection.
He raise as many turn cards would kill his action + decent Fold equity  + he has outs if called.
Image and history aside, on such a connected board, u are always  getting it in vs a cooler hand like 2 pairs, smaller set or draws, sometimes TPGK. For him, just hope u fold, if not flip..
In all, +ev shove and +ev call.

Dun ask me do maths, headache.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby 2RandomCards » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:29 am

agree with MJFX. doing the math, you were a slight fav on the flop and i dont see how it couldve happened any other way. i think that checking to trap may accidentally give that monster draw a free card, and if he hit on the turn you're quite the underdog. also even if you opened on the flop for more he's still shoving anyway i guess; leading back to square-one?

oh wait, and if he was estonian or russian he might not even understand what you were saying XD and he was have type lyk dis!
2RandomCards
ABC Poker Player

Postby kr176 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 am

Cooler.....nobody is folding this on the flop.......

Variance is a bitch though
kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats