Jeffery Tan Teac Miang, EX Kingdom of POKER SCAMMER

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

Jeffery Tan Teac Miang, EX Kingdom of POKER SCAMMER

Postby pokerlight » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 am

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/in ... r-1251377/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffs: Jeffery Tan of Singapore was the primary owner and decision maker at the Asian-focused poker site, Kingdom of Poker. Kingdom of Poker closed owing players ~$45k and Jeff is in hiding.

Kingdom Of Poker launched in late 2011 and closed in August of 2012 after several months of delayed cashouts. In the time since June and July I have worked a few parties involved to help facilitate a payback privately, but that has not materialized so here I am.

Aside from Jeff Tan, others involved are:

Site pros: I don't have a full list but according to http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...poker-1121594/ they included Apestyels and achen.

Poker Room Manager: Alex "Assassinato" Fitzgerald. I believe Alex was the 'poker room manager' by title only and that really he was just a site pro.

Software provider: KOP leased their software from (what I'm told is) a completely separate company in exchange for a licensing fee and a "small piece of equity" in KOP. My contact at the software company is Nathan but I don't know the name of the company, I just have an email for Nathan.

Jason Mo: I originally began discussions with KOP through Jason. I don't know if he has equity, but do know that some 2p2 regs know Jason and will likely vouch for him.

Me: I'm an affiliate that runs a prop team that supports mostly small and mid-sized rooms.

How much is owed: Roughly $40k - $50k total. Finding an exact number is tricky because some of the balances are from promotional free bankrolls, and a large portion of KOPs business was via an Agent system which makes actual sums owed hard to determine. But $40-$50K is a safe assumption and I have access to the raw data to sort further if needed.

The story:
Around April KOP stopped processing cashouts. It became clear that Jeff was dodging my communication in June so I reached out to Alex to see if he could help. Initially Alex assumed it was an honest mistake because he had positive experiences with Jeff previously. However it became clear in the next 30-60 days that Jeff was indeed avoiding payment. KOP went offline in early August with a message that implied that the reason for doing so was delinquent Agents.

At this time Alex introduced me to Nathan from the software group. He agreed that if I could find a buyer for the software that he would allocate a portion of the proceeds to KOP players. Once we figured out how much was owed to players and set terms for the arrangement, I reached out to a contact of mine who is a broker specializing in igaming software and companies. The broker determined that the software couldn't be sold. So here we are.

From everyone I've talked to, Jeff is the primary, and possibly sole scammer here. His silence after dozens of attempts to contact him supports this. I have some information on him. Others can probably add more, like his real given name:

Jeffery Tan
marketing@kingdomofpoker.com
teohenglai@yahoo.com.sg
Stars Name: jefftan168 (Singapore)
447430075538: Not current afaik. This was the phone he used when in London for an affiliate conference in January 2012.

My hope is that this post will bring more information to light and possibly lead to recovery of funds from Jeff. Also it will hopefully prevent Jeff from committing similar offenses moving forward.
pokerlight
New Fish

Re: Jeffery Tan Teac Miang, EX Kingdom of POKER SCAMMER

Postby pokerlight » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 am

and tis thrash is happily grinding at RWS.
pokerlight
New Fish

Postby MikeTheFish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:27 pm

so complicated !
MikeTheFish
Shark

Postby pokerlight » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm

[4s] [As] [2s] [3s]
pokerlight
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby kingpoker898 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 pm

i look for internet place to start play i read this type.
kingpoker898
New Fish

Postby pokerlight » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 pm

not all sites ,, pokerstars still reliable tho
pokerlight
New Fish

Postby MJFX » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:14 pm

There is a difference between a failed business and a scam.

From a total neutral point of view, how would the biz failed?
payment processors' backlog in this case delinquent agents.
Owner is responsible but to say its a scam.. hmm.

U should try legal means to recover what was owed to u from KOP.
GL
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby Nicefingers » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm

is jeff tan around late 30s and bespectacled?
Nicefingers
Shark

Medals: 2
Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby MJFX » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 am

MJFX
Great White Shark

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby MJFX » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 am

Nicefingers wrote:is jeff tan around late 30s and bespectacled?

Redkings pro.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Postby Nicefingers » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 am

oic. i played poker with him before. Remember he flopped straight flush against my nut flush on his first hand after he sat down @ a home omaha cash game.
Nicefingers
Shark

Postby MikeTheFish » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 am

Nicefingers wrote:oic. i played poker with him before. Remember he flopped straight flush against my nut flush on his first hand after he sat down @ a home omaha cash game.

how much was the pot ?
MikeTheFish
Shark

Postby Nicefingers » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 am

2 dimes.
Nicefingers
Shark

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to Asian Poker News