Need advice

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Need advice

Postby tcs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi Pokerkaki-ers,

I know i made few mistakes; but apart from the re raise on the flop. Any other advice for this hand?
On the flop, i was trying to let him be the aggressor and call all the way as long as Ace never show up.
But somehow i folded this hand. Is it a good/terrible fold? Please share your thoughts. After this hand i had aces and busto his AQsuited

FYI: As he played almost every hand, and LAG.

PokerStars Hand #90628773726: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2012/12/12 12:34:08 CCT [2012/12/11 23:34:08 ET]
Table 'Herculina IV' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: vallepoker88 ($50 in chips)
Seat 2: Ferry Tan ($54.77 in chips)
Seat 3: pdiloop ($77.11 in chips)
Seat 4: Mike Ves ($50 in chips)
Seat 5: Wojcek8 ($44.14 in chips)
Seat 6: AnyFace ($60.04 in chips)
Mike Ves: posts small blind $0.25
Wojcek8: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ferry Tan [Kd Kc]
AnyFace: folds
vallepoker88: raises $0.75 to $1.25
Ferry Tan: raises $2.25 to $3.50
pdiloop: folds
Mike Ves: folds
Wojcek8: calls $3
vallepoker88: folds
*** FLOP *** [9d 3c 7d]
vallepoker88 leaves the table
Wojcek8: bets $2.50
Ferry Tan: calls $2.50
*** TURN *** [9d 3c 7d] [Ac]
Wojcek8: bets $8
comatosedjk joins the table at seat #1
Ferry Tan: calls $8
*** RIVER *** [9d 3c 7d Ac] [Ts]
Wojcek8: bets $30.14 and is all-in
Ferry Tan: folds
Uncalled bet ($30.14) returned to Wojcek8
Wojcek8 collected $28.17 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $29.50 | Rake $1.33
Board [9d 3c 7d Ac Ts]
Seat 1: vallepoker88 folded before Flop
Seat 2: Ferry Tan folded on the River
Seat 3: pdiloop (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Mike Ves (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Wojcek8 (big blind) collected ($28.17)
Seat 6: AnyFace folded before Flop (didn't bet)
tcs
Challenge Poker Player

Re: Need advice

Postby henrywwy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 pm

in my opinion, it is better to raise on the flop as theres two diamonds
henrywwy
ABC Poker Player

Postby AceisGoood » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Just a question, what was your plan in calling the turn?
Cause if what you said was, 'I think he was bluffing, so I am calling...' then did you ask yourself what are you going to do if he bets the river. Can you make the hero call? Because if you actually think about it, he is a LAG, the second part of LAG is Aggressive. Surely if he bet on the turn Ace, would he not bet on the river Ace? Even if he didn't bet on the river, and you bet out thinking your Kings are good, then he re-raised you, what would you do. He is a LAG.

So if you ask me, I think you did right by folding the river, BUT did you do right by calling the turn? If your reason for calling the turn was that he could be bluffing, then the river bet is likely a bluff, or he hit miracle ten to get the straight (being a monkey with J8, or 68 which is really unlikely given the pre-flop). Then given the reason for calling the turn, you should call the River.

From the opponent's perspective, If I see you calling that turn, I would definitely assume you have something, and the fact that I still bet out on the river, I am definitely strong as well, and I think I should have got you beat.

Lastly, this is micro stakes, most of the time (even for LAGs) in pre-flop... They usually call 3bets with premium holdings or pairs holding to hit sets. If they really succeed in making a play on you, kudos to them but how many times can they get 'lucky'?
AceisGoood
New Fish

Postby tcs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:53 pm

AceisGoood wrote:Just a question, what was your plan in calling the turn?
Cause if what you said was, 'I think he was bluffing, so I am calling...' then did you ask yourself what are you going to do if he bets the river. Can you make the hero call? Because if you actually think about it, he is a LAG, the second part of LAG is Aggressive. Surely if he bet on the turn Ace, would he not bet on the river Ace? Even if he didn't bet on the river, and you bet out thinking your Kings are good, then he re-raised you, what would you do. He is a LAG.

So if you ask me, I think you did right by folding the river, BUT did you do right by calling the turn? If your reason for calling the turn was that he could be bluffing, then the river bet is likely a bluff, or he hit miracle ten to get the straight (being a monkey with J8, or 68 which is really unlikely given the pre-flop). Then given the reason for calling the turn, you should call the River.

From the opponent's perspective, If I see you calling that turn, I would definitely assume you have something, and the fact that I still bet out on the river, I am definitely strong as well, and I think I should have got you beat.

Lastly, this is micro stakes, most of the time (even for LAGs) in pre-flop... They usually call 3bets with premium holdings or pairs holding to hit sets. If they really succeed in making a play on you, kudos to them but how many times can they get 'lucky'?

hey bro.. really thank you for your input here. i think you have got it all.
one thing in my mind at "that time" was as i 3 bet , i really put him or something like Ax. therefore i made my bluff.
but again by the book knowledge if i can call the turn , rightfully, i should be 100% good in the river, and he pushed all in i think he is mostly bluffing or missed the draw (as personally i will prolly do this).. anyways i am pretty glad as i got him with my aces in the later street.

but again, my i look at my stack, i still have more than half which still have "fodling" equity.
anyways i am still a donkey.. lol..
tcs
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby tcs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 pm

appreciate if chenghao can give some "inputs" from "poker" perspective :)
tcs
Challenge Poker Player

Postby AceisGoood » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:02 am

Actually tcs, you already made a pretty decent play by folding the River. What I mentioned earlier is just to get you thinking especially since you asked any advice... By the fact that now you think back about the hand... I think my post has achieved what I wanted share. I think as players, we sometimes need to step back and think for what reason we make this play, thinking one to two streets ahead.

But of course, easy to comment especially when we don't know his hole card. Cause sometimes the right play and decision might not lead to the right result. Variance is a bitch like they say.
AceisGoood
New Fish

Postby leopardmann09 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes. That's true. It's more better to raise on the flop. Do cool strategies and try to know your players as well the game your playing too.
leopardmann09
New Fish

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats