Poker -> Business & Investing

Once a competitive card gamer who has tasted success online, Felix divides his time between investing and playing poker. A journeyman who always has time for kakis

Poker -> Business & Investing

Postby felixleong » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Poker at its simplest view is still more of a job, one which a winning player trades his hours for money. What it differs from a normal 8 to 5 job is that poker is filled with ups and downs, excitement, uncertainties, fun and richness. It is something that really rewards a person for his skills and efforts.

But can poker really make one very very rich? The answer is yes but in reality that possibility for me is pretty low, since I'm not the most talented player around.
Even top players like phil ivey do not really make most of his money from the poker tables, he profits mainly from his endorsement deals from FTP and he is also a major shareholder of this world's second biggest poker site.

To make money work for me, I must understand business and investing. It is also one of the reasons why I choose to further my studies and dive into business and management studies. Business I learn in school while investing I'm on my own, as I now begin to read more and start investing on myself!

Yes, by investing on myself I mean accumulating knowledge, experience and insights from books, online websites, school and work. The books are pouring in from amazon and I'll really need to dedicate a big portion of my time to absorb what's need for a solid financial foundation.

While investing will be my future core, poker is not totally abandoned. Poker will still continue to serve me as a lucrative hobby that provides me with not only entertainment and extra funds, but also as a training ground to work on my inner character & discipline.

After you have work enough for money, let money work for you~
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Return to Felix's Corner