Poker Tracker 3

Having problems with software? Ask here and we'll help!

Poker Tracker 3

Postby KingKongMike » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:51 am

Anybody can teach me how to use PT3 trial version?
I play mostly tourneys, so when i go to the tournaments tab......

Q1) When i click on the filter tab and under the "General" tab, i made some ticks and manage to get some information, but why when i start to combine ticks with other tabs, nothing come out???

Q2) When i only made ticks under the "General" tab, i manage to see all the action for each individual tourney, can i combine all the actions of all tourneys under 1 chart?

Q3) Anybody have a user guide/manual for PT3 that can share with me? The user guide/manual at PT3 website is too brief.

THANKS in advance!!!

(Mess with the PT3 software for around 3 hrs and get nothing..... fainted!)
KingKongMike
New Fish

Re: Poker Tracker 3

Postby Lynn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:00 pm

forget poker tracker...buy RNG!!
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby chenghao » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:05 pm

There seems to be almost no talk or discussion on this topic , i was curious so i am delving more into it

I am doing an indepth understanding of Poker tracker 3

those in square brackets are my own thoughts

How to use every single statistic to exploit other players.

In general , the more stats you have , the better an idea of what type of player he is.
For fishes , its quite evident within a small sample size of hands cos they will be playing with very high VPIP and low PFR coupled with low AF
They typical modus operandi is to call you down with as little as bottom pair.

Tracking tools are a way for you to play multiple tables. It is just a tool in fill in the information that you missed.

Extracting posts from all over the web

Organisation of post will be in the form of
I)HUD layout
1)PreFlop
2)Flop
3)Turn
4)River
5)Others

II)Reports , filters and such.

III)Any thing else i missed.

http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT ... oc=statref

No idea what any term means ? Look here for the formula/ Explaination

Some of the newer stats might not be found there like

CCPF ( cold call preflop)

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/114/p ... pf-457574/

Whenever you call a raise without having any money in the pot, it's considered a cold call.

So if you call a raise from the button, it's a cold call.

If you call a raise from the SB or BB it's not a cold call.

If you limp in EP then call a raise, it's not a cold call

Generally Classifying players

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/mi ... on-289240/

Anything over 20 vpip can be said to be loose in FR, and you dont see many good/decent players with that in the micros (though a few exceptions do exist). Ideally I think that your pfr should be close to your vpip, but again exceptions do exist. AF is a bit trickier, but I'd say if you have between 2-4 and vpip/pfr between 10-19 you are close to the Official Two Plus Two Tag Stat Consensus.

Some generalizations you shouldnt take too seriously:

VPIP/PFR/AF
The setminer 5/4/1.5. [PF raise/call with pocket pair , fit the flop with an over pair or set ( 44 on a A74r flop) or fold]
The nitty tag 9/5/1.5 [raise with big hands / call pf with PP , F hit = bet / otherwise c/f ]
The limp tag 17/4/2 [PF flat , F hit = bet/raise otherwise c/f]
The tag tag 14/12/3[PF always 1st in with a raise , only call with a PP in position , Flop tend to continuation bet often once]
The semi-loose-passive 24/6/1[slightly more aware fish that you can't just call every hand]
The semi-loose-lag 22/17/3[tight OOP , loose IP , a mix of TAG EP and LAG in LP]
The lagtard 33/22/5[very wide ranges , contests for many marginal pots]
The fish 45/2/0.5 [the main dish , fishes with bigger stacks = whales]
The maniac 63/44/3 [tom dwan syndrome]
The high stakes player blowing off steam 100/100/oo [avoid them lol]

http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showfla ... age=0&vc=1

LAG

One type of LAG is the "Tight LAG." This is the classic "loose preflop, tight postflop" player. These sneaky bastages love nothing more than to slip quietly into every pot they can. Splashing around for 0.5 BBs per hand lets them see those sneaky two-pair, trips, OESDs, and so forth, and pick up huge pots with sneaky monsters. However, these well-disciplined folks are folding a REMARKABLE fraction of the time on the flop, because if they miss, they have the skill to get out of Dodge. Mistaking these folks for a "classic LAG" is a suicidal mistake for a tight player, since you'll be value-betting your TPTK thinking the loose donk is calling down with crap, even though he NEVER DOES. The easiest way to spot these folks (once you have lots of hands on them) is to check their WtSD and W$SD ratios: they should be going to showdown EXTREMELY infrequently (say, under 20% of the time), but winning at showdown a surprisingly large amount of the time (50% or more). Incidentally, these are the sorts of players whose AF is going to be most directly comparable to the AF of a TAG, since they are (as you described) only playing the kinds of hands that a TAG would.

Then, there's "the Peeler." These folks love to draw. Bottom pair? I'll peel -- heck, 10% of the time I'll improve to two pair or trips. Backdoor flush draw AND an inside straight draw -- let's gambooool! Incidentally, these are the same folks who adore to float preflop raisers, either in or out of position, to see if they'll fire another salvo. These guys are characterized by a noticeably higher WtSD% but not a markedly lower W$SD -- they are sticking around for the turn, but they're not seeing a showdown with total crap. What a LAG does preflop, these folks basically do preflop AND on the flop, but then they tighten up on the turn and river.

Third, we have "the Tester." These are the guys who never trust their opponents. You raised preflop from EP? Nobody does that without a hand, so that's the PERFECT time to bluff. Let's see if he'll shoot at the flop. He does, but it's probably just a c-bet....I'll call and lead the turn: THAT will tell me if he's got a hand! These are the guys who are minraising or check-minraising our flop bets. These are the guys who shoot at every blank turn. These are the guys who will call you down with bottom pair. These are the guys who make you money so long as you NEVER bluff them. Spot these guys by their ridiculously high WtSD% and comparably low W$SD%. In a sense, they are a form of table sheriff.

Finally, there's "the Maniac." These guys put the "A" in LAG: aggressive, aggressive, aggressive. These are the folks with the 87/79 preflop numbers who nonetheless continuation bet 92% of the time. They never saw a flop they didn't like, never saw a scare card they wouldn't bet, and never let a river get checked through. These are the easiest of all the LAGs to identify: their "won $ when saw flop" is safely over 40%, their WtSD is low, and their W$SD is abyssmal -- the only time they ever get to a showdown is when their opponent has a great hand AND balls of steel. Then, they turn up absolute rank smelly garbage more often than not, and lose a fortune. In the meantime, however, they can build up monumental stacks, because none of the usual pansies ever puts them to the test.

Of the four types of LAGs I identified, only the first one plays the style similar to the theoretical one goofyballer identified. With those LAGs they really *will* have AFs that can be directly compared to a TAG's. However, with the other three types of LAGs, their AF will understate their aggression levels with any particular hand type. That's what we're really after, here, right? "If villain has trips, second kicker, is he going to bet or check?" We're not talking about "does this guy bet often?" we're talking about "does this guy bet with weak hands or only strong ones?" To answer the second (and more relevant) question, a TAG's AF will not compare directly to the AF of the Peeler, the Tester, or the Manaic. If your LAG is a Tight LAG, then it will.

[ summary :
Types of LAG/Brief Description/WtSD/W$SD/AF
Tight LAG/classic "loose preflop, tight postflop"/Low/High/Comparable to TAG

The Peeler/Loose preflop and flop , tighten up on turn and river/Mid (more then tight LAG)/Mid (lower then tight LAG)/Tend to float
(turn AF)

The Tester/Table police , tests you on turn / river/High/Low

Maniac
Overly Aggressive /Low
+ W$when saw flop > 40 %/
Lower then low(Seldom gets to SD)/ AF is usually incredibly high or commonly infinite.

I)HUD layout
1)PreFlop

3 well established statistics :

There are 3 well-established statistics that should be known to each and every player, and these are Voluntary Put $ in Pot (VPIP), Preflop Raise % (PFR) and Aggression Factor (AF).

1. Voluntarily Put $ In Pot % (VPIP) – This gives the %age of time that a player willingly puts in money per hand (it doesn't include calling with a BB, or when you've only put in the SB but haven't completed).

This essentially shows how loose a player is preflop. The higher the VPIP, the wider the range of hands being played. The numbers are accurate with as little as 20 hands, but 50+ is better.

In addition, most players tend to play less hands in early position, with progressively wider range as you get closer to the button. Typically you can take somewhere between half and two thirds of their VPIP as their early position range (eg if they have a VPIP of 9%, you can use as a general rule of thumb that their range is around 6% in EP), and maybe 1.5-2x this is their late range. How the VPIP relates to the blinds alters player to player, in my experience, the tighter the player, the tighter the blinds, the looser the player, the looser the blinds relative to their VPIP. I hope this makes sense.

VPIP can be broken down roughly like this:

<5% is extremely tight. You're looking at AA-QQ,AK an awful lot of the time in EP and MP. Fold AK usually.

5-12% is still pretty tight. They are only playing very big hands from early position and progressively loosen up nearer the button (in most cases).

12% - 22% is average. Often, you want to concentrate and see whether they're limping or raising PP from all positions (at this range, they're almost certainly playing all PPs) with any sort of consistency, and make suitable notes.

22% - 30% is pretty loose. They're opening up with all PP and any two big cards, most likely, stuff like any two suited ten and above, or A9s+ in EP.

30% + pretty damn loose. You have a clear loosey here, and you need to work out if they're a good loosey or a bad loosey. A bad loosey is profitable, but you often can't sit and wait to get their money, because someone will beat you to it. The key to extracting from these is getting heads up with them, in position.

2. Preflop Raise % (PFR) – the percentage of hands a player is raising preflop. This is always the same or less than the VPIP. This demonstrates the level of aggression has, taken in context with the VPIP. A 20/8 player is not very aggressive, whilst a 8/8 is extremely aggressive, even though they both have a PFR=8.

You need at least 40 hands for this to be a reasonably accurate stat.

Very small PFRs (say <5%) typically means you won't have to worry about this player rasing you off your hand, and if they do, they are holding a big pair or Ace with another big card. Only proceed with decent implied odds (and that means factor in likelihood to stack them, not just likelihood to hit your set or whatever).

Any player with a PFR less than 50% of their VPIP is passive when their VPIP isn't very big, so again less worry about being raised off. A high VPIP and a PFR <50% of VPIP means they are playing a loose-passive style preflop.

If the PFR is around 50%-80% of VPIP, that indicates a pretty solid player, if the VPIP isn't too high. If they're raising that high AND have a high VPIP (say 25%+), they are very aggressive, and you need to observe their postflop game to know how best to play them. If they are aggressive, you can consider playing them back by, for example, floping to your big cards and play to the felt with TP-reasonable kicker.

From : http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showfla ... st11853136

3. Aggression Factor (AF) – Seems like people are constantly misunderstanding aggression factor around here. Hopefully this can clear some stuff up.

What is AF

If you look at what aggression factor is in PokerTracker you'll see that it's:

(Raise % + Bet %)
----------------
(Call %)

It's the ratio of the amount of time that a player is aggressive vs the amount of time that he's passive. It's a pretty simple concept but it's easy to misunderstand and misapply.

How to use AF?

Aggression factor is a unit-less ratio. It's not that useful without some other information. Just like most other things in poker, it's almost always situation and player dependent, the only exception being a player with an AF of 0.

For example, if someone's aggression factor is 0 over 100 hands we can assume he's pretty passive. He's never bet or raised, only called and folded. If he WERE to suddenly raise us we'd be scared.

Now let's see how AF affects our everyday decisions.

Take 2 players. A 50VPIP and an 18VPIP. Think about the approximate handranges that they're seeing a flop with.

50VPIP (fish):
{22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J4s+,T6s+,96s+,86s+,76s,65s,A2o+,K5o+,Q7o+,J7o+,T8o+,98o}

18VPIP (TAG):
{22+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,ATo+,KJo+,QJo}

Now think for a second about how each of those hand ranges hits the flop. The TAG is going to be making a lot of top pair, good kicker hands, as well as sets and combo draws. The fish is going to be making a lot of top pair bad kicker and midpair type hands.

Say these players have a flop distribution (just guessing here)

Fish
----
10% top pair
10% middle pair
10% bottom pair
8% flush draw
1% set
1% combo draw
60% air

TAG
----
20% top pair
8% mid pair
2% bottom pair
8% flush draw
1% set
1% combo draw
60% air

Let's look at what happens when you bet into them

TAG
----
Raise: Combo draw (1%), set(1%), flush draw (8%), top pair (20%) = 30%
Call: Bottom pair (2%), mid pair (8%) = 10%
Fold: Air

Fish
----
Raise: Combo draw (1%), set(1%), flush draw (8%), top pair (10%), mid pair (10%) = 30%
Call: Bottom pair (10%) = 10%

These 2 players have the exact same AF (3) but you can see that the fish is way more "aggressive." His range when he raises you on the flop is weaker than the TAGs because his starting hand range is weaker.

Limitations of AF

If you look at the AF forumla, you'll realize that it doesn't include fold %. This is a pretty big limitation of AF and one that people seem to forget about. Let's change the above example a little.

TAG
----
Raise: Combo draw (1%), set(1%), flush draw (8%), top pair (14%) = 24%
Call: Some mid pair (2%), some top pair (6%) = 8%
Fold: Bottom pair (2%), some mid pair (6%), Air (60%)

Fish
----
Raise: Combo draw (1%), set(1%), flush draw (8%), top pair (10%), mid pair (10%) = 30%
Call: Bottom pair (10%) = 10%

The fish's actions haven't changed, but we've had the TAG fold some of his weaker made hands and slow down a little with his top pair hands. This is probably closer to a real distribution. Notice that AF is STILL 3! Even though we've strengthened his distribution for raising he still has the same aggression factor. This is where other stats on your HUD are going to be useful. Things like "Call continuation bet %" and "Fold to continuation bet %" will tell you whether a player with a high AF is playing raise/fold with his good hands or he's a player who bluffs with air a lot.

Summary

Don't look at a player with an AF of 0.8 and a VPIP of 80 and say "durrr better fold to his flop raise, this guy is passive!"

[The actions a player can take include : Check , Bet , Call , Raise , Fold. AF only takes into account when he Bet , Call and Raise , not the times when he check or fold , so a person who bets and folds to a raise would have the same AF as a person who bets and is called.]

4. ATS (Attempt to Steal)

(Copied from the Pokertracker 3 statistical reference guide)

Description: The percentage of time a player tried to steal the blinds when folded to in the cut-off or button
Formula: (Total Steal Attempt/Total Steal Opportunities)*100

<10% - Most likely not positionally aware. There raising range is flat in all positions. Don't assume they are trying to steal when you're in the blinds, and don't give them credit for a great hand when they raise UTG. Make sure you look at PFR as well though, with a PFR of 3 and an ATS of 5 they will ALWAYS have a great hand, button or not. You can assume that there postflop position game will be weaker too: when you check and they bet assume more strength than you would otherwise.

10-20% - Some position awareness. I consider a normal opponent, and don't adjust much at all.

20-30% - Positionally Aware. Coupled with a high CB percentage I can guess that they're CB-ing close to 100% of the time when HU and IP (in position). If they raise in steal position, remember that your PP lose implied odds because they have a weaker hand. because of the implied odds, most hands become 3b/f. If you notice they call your 3b alot (there are many players who incorrectly call here with trash in the micros), you may want to call in the blinds and donk any flop to pass on variance, but this is not quite as +EV as raising. Many tags are here

30-50% - Habitual stealer. If they are legitamately stealing (It's folded to them in CO or BT), feel free to resteal from the Button or 3bet them in the Blinds with just about anything. Don't play implied odds hands against their steals... 3bet them! Aggro preflop tags (me )find themselves here.

50%+ - Ridiculous stealer. Completely Altering your playstyle while sitting near them is higher variance but +EV. Weird things, like open limping in Middle Position planning for a raise with your PP, and then donking missed HU flops while checking sets.

Extra Notes on ATS

ATS takes a decent sample size to converge (more than VPIP or PFR). In 9 hands at a full FR table, a player only gets 2 seats where he could steal, and most of the time can't steal due to a limp or raise before him. I hesitate to put any hard and fast number here because I know nothing about confidence intervals, but I wouldn't even look at this stat until you have 150-200 hands, and at that point it's just starting to converge.

The correlation between positional awareness and ATS is not absolute. Comments in this post are made based on how most players who have a high ATS play. However it is totally possible to come across a player who raises liberally when folded to him in the CO or BT, (ATS 50%+), but will never isolate a limper and doesn't play position postflop. Use this stat at your own discretion.

[This stat is not as important in micro limits as it is in higher limits / tournaments . This stat is probably used to Resteal if you think an opponent is stealing too much (over 30 %). ]

5. Folds to C-bet: This stat shows how often a player will fold to a preflop raiser's continuation bet. I use this stat pretty heavily in preflop decision making when I am in late position and contemplating raising with a marginal hand. It is one of the stats I use to determine if raising + c-betting will be profitable. If it is anywhere at, near, or above 50% over a good sample size (and not like 30 hands.....50 bare minimum, preferably 100+), I'm making the raise and c-bet if checked to.

For math-heads, you can use this percentage to make a mathematically +EV decision post-flop. If a villain's Folds/Cbet% is 50%, you can make up to a full pot size bet on the flop and bet +EV. Half of the time villain will fold, and a full pot bet gives you an EV of 0. Another example is if his stat is 40%, you can make up to a 2/3 pot bet and be at an EV of 0.

[ EV = Σ (chance of something happening)(value of it happening)]

Plan : Cbet once and done.

Scenarios : Cbet once and he folds
Cbet once and he does not fold (raise or call)

The simple assumption is that once he raise or call , he has a hand that beats you.

a person with above 50 % fold to CB

Say pot is $10
you choose to bet flop

if he folds 50 % of the time , he choose not to fold 50 % of the time.

If you bet ½ of the pot.
* My definitions of EV *
Your EV = (50% x the amount u get when he folds = $10) + (50% x the amount u stand to not win when he doesn't fold )

= (50% x $10 ) + (50% x $-5)
= +$2.50

* Another definition *

Your EV = (50% x $10 ) + (50% x $-15)
= -$2.50

the difference in 2 is the former does not factor the pot in , the later does factor the pot in when he doesn't fold

2 Additional scenarios can be like he doesn't fold and lose at the showdown , he doesn't fold and wins at the showdown

I still am reading more about how to use Poker Tracker 3 , like the reports , how to use the stats on other streets etc.

Any comments / corrections / advice is welcomed !

(not too sure for HEM though)
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby chenghao » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Pls comment on my cash game layout !

1st row : general stats
2nd row : action preflop
3rd row : any particular habits

top part is the steal/resteal
bottom part is post flop tendencies

Is there any thing i can improve ?
any suggestions / comments are welcomed
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby hannsonmickey12 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:47 pm

This is cool and I guess many players will be more curious with it.
hannsonmickey12
New Fish

Return to Poker software Technical problems