Questionable Hand 4 Comments Pls! Ty =)

Discuss ring game approaches and strategies here

Questionable Hand 4 Comments Pls! Ty =)

Postby 2RandomCards » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi all, just decided to switch back to NLHE cash from PLO (Pokerstars) because I was tired of seeing so many hole cards. Ran quite well but came to this hand in which I have no idea if I played well or badly. All comments, whether +ve or -ve, are most welcome for learning. Thanks =)

$0.05/$0.10 ante $0.02 (Max buy-in 250BBs)

SB Hero, stack $32+ (1st time facing these opponents, so 3-bet % is about 8-10%?)
UTG+2 Villain, stack $45+ (1st time facing him, seems like a solid reg with 0% 3-bet)

Hero dealt QQ in SB

UTG+2 raises to $0.30, 2 callers

Hero 3-bets to $1.75

UTG+2 4-bets to $6??!

At this point I was not sure if Villain was re-stealing with Ax-AK or he had decent/strong pockets. Due to my limited experience in cash games, I couldn't tell if I was ahead so I thought of calling to play on the flop.

My plan was such that unless the top card on flop was Q, I should check as I was OOP to see how much the c-bet was to evaluate Villain's hand. If flop was like a 2-3-7 I could probably donk-bet too. I was previously able to effectively pick up & exploit some sort of a tell on this player's c-bets as I was single-tabling and watching.

Hero calls

Flop: 4-8-K rainbow

Hero checks

Villain bets $6.48

Since I had handed over control of the hand due to being OOP, I probably have to believe that Villain has AK or KK/AA, given the 4-bet right? Can't call; possibly even a min loss situation for me...I think.

Hero folds

Questions:

1) Should QQ have folded to the 4-bet pre?

2) Should QQ have 5-betted; meaning shove?
- Given my stack size I don't see myself 5-betting light after Villain's 4-bet...But for two deep stacks to even go into a coin toss situation (best case for me) or I might even be running into AA/KK here so perhaps not?

3) After calling the 4-bet and going to the flop of 4-8-K rainbow, should QQ donk-shove?
- I'm thinking most likely not; no? Villain was quite a solid player. Comments?

4) Should QQ have just called the 2-bet of $0.30 and gone to the flop cheap?
- Was thinking not as there would be 4 players to the flop & I probably should isolate. Comments?

5) It did cross my mind that Villain may put me on Ax-AQ for checking the flop after calling the 4-bet, and hence could bet about half of the pot, which he did, with 9-9, 10-10, J-J. Possible? Unlikely?

Sorry for so many questions, really really dying to know what you guys think. No idea if I played it terribly or fairly. Thanks a bunch!!!
2RandomCards
ABC Poker Player

Re: Questionable Hand 4 Comments Pls! Ty =)

Postby nutupshutup » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:27 am

its 5cent/10cent , just 5bet jam and see what happens , dont over analyze what isnt really being overanalyzed . Alot of times you'll see 1010/JJ even AQsuited type hands in this spot . You're really only losing to AA/KK and you cant really plan for those 2 hands , imagine if every time you picked up QQ and someone 4 bet you , you decided to fold . Don't donk , because hes almost always going to put more money into the pot if you didnt get it in pre flop and the board is bricked.
nutupshutup
New Fish

Postby 2RandomCards » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:23 am

nutupshutup wrote:its 5cent/10cent , just 5bet jam and see what happens , dont over analyze what isnt really being overanalyzed . Alot of times you'll see 1010/JJ even AQsuited type hands in this spot . You're really only losing to AA/KK and you cant really plan for those 2 hands , imagine if every time you picked up QQ and someone 4 bet you , you decided to fold . Don't donk , because hes almost always going to put more money into the pot if you didnt get it in pre flop and the board is bricked.

Thanks for the feedback =)
2RandomCards
ABC Poker Player

Postby Nick Woodward » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:23 pm

i still think that AK can be in his range for those stakes....... And there is nothing wrong with overanalzing hands when you want to improve your game! ok fair enough the other guy probably isnt thinking about it as much as you but that just gives you a advantage.

first of all if he had KK then at them stakes he would of almost certainly checked back the flop...
AA and AK he would of defo c-bet hopng you hit your King.

I still see a argument for firing into the flop allot of times online as you can get more info... if he had for exsample JJ then he would defo fold. there is always a chance after he cbets that it becomes a guessing game to fold or not.

how many hands had you played at the table? because if you had only played a few hands then there are defonatley some guys out there at those stakes 4 or evan 5 betting with 1010s and JJ.... Maybe evan 99s.

Anyway its always good to analyze as thats the only way to improve!!!! no matter what stakes!!!
Nick Woodward
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby 2RandomCards » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:35 am

Nick Woodward wrote:i still think that AK can be in his range for those stakes....... And there is nothing wrong with overanalzing hands when you want to improve your game! ok fair enough the other guy probably isnt thinking about it as much as you but that just gives you a advantage.

first of all if he had KK then at them stakes he would of almost certainly checked back the flop...
AA and AK he would of defo c-bet hopng you hit your King.

I still see a argument for firing into the flop allot of times online as you can get more info... if he had for exsample JJ then he would defo fold. there is always a chance after he cbets that it becomes a guessing game to fold or not.

how many hands had you played at the table? because if you had only played a few hands then there are defonatley some guys out there at those stakes 4 or evan 5 betting with 1010s and JJ.... Maybe evan 99s.

Anyway its always good to analyze as thats the only way to improve!!!! no matter what stakes!!!

Was in about 100+ hands at that table; that V came in around 3-4 hands in? And he never 3-betted at all during this session till now so i was like OMG WHY?!?!?! (Is 100 hands at a cash game table, that's not Zoom of course, significant enough?)

Anyway thinking back if it was a 100BB stack cash game I probably could (also, should & most likely would) jam pre? But it was a 250BB 6-max with antes so I assumed it wouldn't be so straightforward... (very glad to be corrected if wrong ty!)

I also hardly play cash games (year start till now like <5k hands?) so maybe I wasn't used to the pot sizes especially because I was multi-tabling so when I saw a bet of $6+ I did not consider that the pot size was already way way way over $10 so I did interpret it as definite strength so I folded. (Also glad to be corrected here if wrong.)

Also wasn't in the mood to risk shipping my entire stack, although it's not a tourney, because imho I got a cheap flop that I could check-fold to if things turn against my hand? My idea of the call anyway was to c-bet shove on the flop if overall dry & safe (as it seemed that at that point in time, there was a strange rising trend of tight players hero-calling flop shoves with a mid-pair range all the way down to AK; plus I was prepared to pay off AA/KK/silly-sets however unlikely), or *MAYBE* check-call to jam turn OR check-raise shove (maybe depending if he checks back or bets v light? a lot of maybe-s I know =/), or if it's gross like AKJ with 2-3 suited against me I could check-fold? (VERY glad to be corrected here if wrong, especially here.)

Bloop bloop bloop bloop bloop...
2RandomCards
ABC Poker Player

Return to Cash Games