SSNL Cash Coaching Services

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

SSNL Cash Coaching Services

Postby vaevictis » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 am

Hi all,

It has been a while since I've posted in pkaki. I've decided to reopen my coaching services in SG. Do refer to this old thread for more information.

http://www.pokerkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3145

As an update, I've been playing poker on and off as a side income and have not been actively participating in much of the online discussion due to the nature of my previous job. I've picked up the grind again in preparation for my overseas masters studies.

Do drop me a PM or skype at for more information.
My rates are at 100sgd/hr.

Thanks and keep grinding!
Last edited by vaevictis on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Re: SSNL Cash Coaching Services

Postby ediotfromne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:57 am

bro its been over 4 years. games have changed.
ediotfromne
Shark

Postby felixleong » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:25 am

times have changed, coaching is better $$ than grinding haha
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Vinally » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 am

Time changes. it is getting a lot tougher nowsdays.
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ediotfromne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:29 am

felixleong wrote:times have changed, coaching is better $$ than grinding haha

Think coaching had always been better $$ than grinding.
ediotfromne
Shark

Postby vaevictis » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 am

I'm still grinding at a good winrate =).

Games did get tougher as players get better access to educational materials. However poker is all about adjusting, adjusting to the new meta. The new meta at SSNL is generally a very aggro preflop game that many players attribute this toughness to. Weak players continue to be weak postflop, and NL holdem is a postflop game where your capability to read hand read ranges become more important.

Do share what you guys feel makes it tougher these days. I've felt the changes, adjusted, and continued to make money as an "ABC" player.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby ediotfromne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 pm

U refer to ssnl as 20 or 40bb?
ediotfromne
Shark

Postby vaevictis » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:14 pm

I coach and play only with 100bb / deep stack.
short stacks provide little to none post flop edge that a deeper stack can do.

SSNL - small stakes NL.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby udgoal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:46 pm

I had 4 lessons with vaevictis. He has a very systematic approach and aside from the normal coaching, he has to spend extra time marking and commenting on the assignments he gave me after coaching hours. With the assignments he is able to gauge my understanding of the game and guide me from there. I benefited most from his reviews of my play to fix my leaks. The lessons equipped me with a better grasp of bet sizing and reading of the deep stack play at 6 max NL.
I've been playing HUSNG hyper turbo lately and will try out the 6 max. I'll post an update of my results soon.
In summary, vaevictis coaching is definitely value for money and worth trying.
udgoal
New Fish

Postby vaevictis » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks for the review udgoal.

Some additional testimonials from the past:

"Testimonial for Leslie.

Leslie, to say the least, is a great coach and above all, an inspiring mentor.

What he teaches you goes beyond basic poker concepts. You see, in poker, there's the math guy and the feel/art guy. Any guy can teach you the math, but when Leslie explains his thoughts relative to equity, to ranges, to perceived ranges, that for me is the feel/art. It's not something you can acquire from the books/internet; it's the end product of his experience - his grind over the years.

As a coach, he has not only taught me how to play profitably, but he has given me a peek to his vast knowledge of poker. He has shared a lot of his poker experiences with me, and that in itself is very valuable. When a winning player shares his winning experiences with you and the winning formula behind it is explained, there's no way you won't improve.

Moreover, Leslie is a good hand-reader who dissect hands very logically, justifies his crafty plays with good sense and teaches you the most effective way to get into the villain's head. All these techniques that he teaches will definitely allow a player to move up the skills ladder, and yes, you will both frustrate villains with your sick plays while stacking their chips on your side.

Psychologically, Leslie's the nuts. Tommy Angelo's writings probably had some effect on him. Basically, the way he tells me to reduce tilt, to make use of poker tells, to leverage a donkey's tendencies, they already give me so much light into how to exploit weaker players while making my game so much stronger.

To say the least, Leslie's teachings are multi-dimensional. As a fellow low-stakes grinder, he understands the challenges most players face, and comes up with creative yet effecient solutions for the aggressive online/live games of the modern days. Get a dose of his lessons, and you'll think that Harrington is 'so yesterday'.

-coolnewbie"
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby vaevictis » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:13 pm

rakebackelites wrote:whats the stakes u coach at? i am interested, but could you maybe share some graphs and results etc? :)

Do add me on skype, we can discuss there. Thanks!
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby shortizz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:56 pm

ediotfromne wrote:U refer to ssnl as 20 or 40bb?

I think he meant Small Stakes No Limit, not short stack.

@OP do you have a graph of your most recent results? And if so, why dont you post them in this thread? I only asked because people who charged 100/hr on twoplustwo can usually provide huge sample size of winning consistently. Your previous thread was a long time ago and it says ur coaching up to 1/2NL which afaik, has a small pool of reg that can beat it consistently.

Good luck nonetheless!
shortizz
New Fish

Postby vaevictis » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:29 pm

shortizz wrote:
ediotfromne wrote:U refer to ssnl as 20 or 40bb?

I think he meant Small Stakes No Limit, not short stack.

@OP do you have a graph of your most recent results? And if so, why dont you post them in this thread? I only asked because people who charged 100/hr on twoplustwo can usually provide huge sample size of winning consistently. Your previous thread was a long time ago and it says ur coaching up to 1/2NL which afaik, has a small pool of reg that can beat it consistently.

Good luck nonetheless!

Yes, the reasons I don't post results online is for obvious purposes. Those interested do pm me/skype direct.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to General Poker Chat