Comprehensive Poker Strategy

Discuss the basics, psychology, probability, table selection etc.

Comprehensive Poker Strategy

Postby vennomz » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the game but have been playing it intensively for the past month and I'm hooked.

1)I would like to asked the experienced players here if you have recommendations as to where I can find the most comprehensive information provided on poker strategy. From the basics to the advanced.

2) Where in Singapore can I play live games? Preferbly non-smoking areas as I don't smoke :)

3) What would you say is the biggest difference in terms of strategy employed in a live game as compared to playing poker online?

I would appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you!
vennomz
New Fish

Re: Comprehensive Poker Strategy

Postby chenghao » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:05 pm

vennomz wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the game but have been playing it intensively for the past month and I'm hooked.

1)I would like to asked the experienced players here if you have recommendations as to where I can find the most comprehensive information provided on poker strategy. From the basics to the advanced.

2) Where in Singapore can I play live games? Preferbly non-smoking areas as I don't smoke :)

3) What would you say is the biggest difference in terms of strategy employed in a live game as compared to playing poker online?

I would appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you!

1) poker strategy dot com

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/

2) viewforum.php?f=4

go http://www.meetup.com/ and search for poker

3 ) Online : You have more variety in the types of the game and the stakes.
You can play multiple tables at a time . You and your opponents have access to poker tracker software

Offline : smoke - some places that allow smoking irritates the !@#$ of you and cause you to be susceptible to all sorts of problems later on in life. Raids can and do happen especially if your host irritates neighbours or creidits his player (e.g. someone who owes the host money rats on him and lures police so that he can avoid repaying his loan ) , tells - because when your hands tremble uncontrollably , we know you have just picked up a pair of Aces , etc.
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby vennomz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi Chenghao,

Thanks for your response! Much appreciated...Live games sound kind of scary for me at this point based on what you said.
I think I'll stick to online poker and "train up" meantime. Also thanks for the recommendation via www.meetup.com Never knew about the existence of such a site. Looks like it will be awesome :)
vennomz
New Fish

Postby MJFX » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Play with the kakis on pokerstars. Lwps satellites or pokerkaki league. Can improve fast
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby BusterParkison » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 am

I recommend for the PokerZion where you can find the most comprehensive information provided on poker strategy and also from the basics to the advanced. I have improved a lot my game by following their guideline. Chenghao has provided some good tips for you to follow.
BusterParkison
New Fish

Return to General Poker Strategy