Lynn from SG

Please introduce yourself to the community here. E.g your name, age, profession, how long have you been playing poker..etc. Share & discuss your poker experiences with us. Make yourself at home.
Important Information
1) Do introduce yourself to the kakis.
2) Don't post any home games, events or meet ups in this section.

Lynn from SG

Postby Lynn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:11 am

been playing this game around 2 mths. still not confident to play huge 9 player games but will happily host or play in smaller 3-4 short handed games. HUs are out. my comfortable range is 1/2 buyins.

i'm an easter and ya will play mainly in the east.

PM me for any invites or to get invited.
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Re: Lynn from SG

Postby DM101 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Lynn. There are several games in the east. You might wanna try out the Blue Aquarium located @ Simei.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby necrohavoc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 pm

lol Blue Aquarium ...

hosted games should have nice signboards with such names...
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Medals: 13
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (4) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (2) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good home game host (1)

Postby simoncool » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:36 pm

hahaha we have a Sengkang Rio but it's a private friends only game ^_^
simoncool
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby DM101 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:29 am

necrohavoc wrote:lol Blue Aquarium ...

hosted games should have nice signboards with such names...

I like this signboard Erique. Ask Wee come in and take a look too. :lol:
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Lynn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:11 pm

thanks everyone for all the invites...i only play in the east...non raked...non smoking...and no more than 4 players coz i'm still learning and always lose in larger games.

good luck everyone:)
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby ohboy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 pm

larger games is where you start off

it's insane trying to learn the basics in a small game. The small game is all about mindgames. You want to pick up basics, you play in the big ones.
ohboy
Shark

Postby support » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 pm

for new players 9~10 player games are better.
People play tighter and thus u learn to control yourself more (and not play every hand).
Small games have higher risk factor due to Blinds (and antes if applicable).

I'm a starter too... it's more fun with 3-4 players due to the action but 9-10 player games is where u pick up the ropes.
support
Site Admin

Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby Lynn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:58 am

support wrote:for new players 9~10 player games are better.
People play tighter and thus u learn to control yourself more (and not play every hand).

I'm a starter too... it's more fun with 3-4 players due to the action but 9-10 player games is where u pick up the ropes.

in large games i can only play the top 30% of hands and still it may not be the best possible hands.

I like the loose play in small games and also the speed of the games. large games are soooo slow grrrr....in 9 player games sometimes i zzzzz

i bot this book on poker tells...and i think its easier to practice it in small games where we can all study each other's faces.
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Nicefingers » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:55 pm

well, learning tells are kinda for advanced players imo. First of all it's overrated, because anybody can give fake tells. 2ndly, fundamentals of the game far outweighs the importance of picking off tells from opponent.

Poker, like golf, demands patience and concentration. It's not realistic to be playing most of the hands you are dealt.
Nicefingers
Shark

Medals: 2
Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby asiangravy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Nicefingers wrote:well, learning tells are kinda for advanced players imo. First of all it's overrated, because anybody can give fake tells. 2ndly, fundamentals of the game far outweighs the importance of picking off tells from opponent.

Poker, like golf, demands patience and concentration. It's not realistic to be playing most of the hands you are dealt.

I shit talk at the tables no matter whether I have a good hand or a bad one and drink heavily while playing so people can't get a tell :D
asiangravy
Shark

Medals: 2
Long Jie Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby ohboy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Lynn wrote:
support wrote:for new players 9~10 player games are better.

in large games i can only play the top 30% of hands and still it may not be the best possible hands.

I like the loose play in small games and also the speed of the games. large games are soooo slow grrrr....in 9 player games sometimes i zzzzz

i bot this book on poker tells...and i think its easier to practice it in small games where we can all study each other's faces.

actually, the logic is in reverse.

In a large game where you don't play as many hands, you get more time to observe others after you've folded, giving you greater opportunities to spot tells anyway.

Nothing wrong with playing just the top 30% of your hands. You're only bored if you don't pay attention to hands you're not involved in. And if that's what you're doing, maybe going for tells isn't your best strategy.
ohboy
Shark

Postby Lynn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:34 pm

ohboy i get wat u mean:)

but i like to play more hands and bluff my way through some of them if i can:)
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ohboy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 am

i have an on and off again game at my house played with my close friends. They have practically no poker experience and think pretty much like you.

Thing is, I have a pretty hard time resisting the urge to continually felt them(i don't want to take their money). Bluffing is slightly advanced play. When you're unfamiliar with the fundamentals, every bluff is blatantly obvious.
ohboy
Shark

Next

Return to Member Introductions