Lynn from SG

Please introduce yourself to the community here. E.g your name, age, profession, how long have you been playing poker..etc. Share & discuss your poker experiences with us. Make yourself at home.
Important Information
1) Do introduce yourself to the kakis.
2) Don't post any home games, events or meet ups in this section.

Re: Lynn from SG

Postby Lynn » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:44 am

ohboy wrote:i have an on and off again game at my house played with my close friends. They have practically no poker experience and think pretty much like you.

Thing is, I have a pretty hard time resisting the urge to continually felt them(i don't want to take their money). Bluffing is slightly advanced play. When you're unfamiliar with the fundamentals, every bluff is blatantly obvious.

What is poker without bluffing and calling bluffs? :oops:

Played my first live game with 2 other kakis yesterday. Won $35.
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Nicefingers » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:45 pm

nicely done madam.
Nicefingers
Shark

Medals: 2
Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby simoncool » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:03 am

Nicefingers wrote:well, learning tells are kinda for advanced players imo. First of all it's overrated, because anybody can give fake tells. 2ndly, fundamentals of the game far outweighs the importance of picking off tells from opponent.

Poker, like golf, demands patience and concentration. It's not realistic to be playing most of the hands you are dealt.

I agreed with Nicefingers, it is actually easy to fake tells esp for those "Hollywood" class players.
Stick to the basic and build from there will be the right way to go. Play your own hand well first then play others ^_^.
simoncool
New Fish

Postby ohboy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:37 am

Lynn wrote:
ohboy wrote:i have an on and off again game at my house played with my close friends. They have practically no poker experience and think pretty much like you.

Thing is, I have a pretty hard time resisting the urge to continually felt them(i don't want to take their money). Bluffing is slightly advanced play. When you're unfamiliar with the fundamentals, every bluff is blatantly obvious.

and what's tennis without lightning fast serves and wide angle volleys?

but you still learn the boring baseline groundstrokes first, right? Sure, you may get a few lucky hits off the net, but all anyone else has to do is just keep hitting basic safe shots at you, and watch you self destruct.

That's pretty much how it happens in poker too. Bluffs need to be convincing. And putting out a big bet is not the only factor. You need to know how to put ppl on hands, and that only comes from experience and knowing the basics. Nothing like shoving into the guy who has the nuts on a bluff.
ohboy
Shark

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Lynn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:53 am

ohboy wrote:
Lynn wrote:

and what's tennis without lightning fast serves and wide angle volleys?

but you still learn the boring baseline groundstrokes first, right? Sure, you may get a few lucky hits off the net, but all anyone else has to do is just keep hitting basic safe shots at you, and watch you self destruct.

That's pretty much how it happens in poker too. Bluffs need to be convincing. And putting out a big bet is not the only factor. You need to know how to put ppl on hands, and that only comes from experience and knowing the basics. Nothing like shoving into the guy who has the nuts on a bluff.

you sound like a very advance player. one day given a chance if we should have a game perhaps i can learn some of the skills of the trade from you but of coz at the expense of 'school fees'.

cheers :)
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby ohboy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:15 pm

i think most ppl at this forum have had a chance to successfully disprove that hypothesis of yours
lol
ohboy
Shark

Postby felixleong » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Lynn, I hereby challenge you to heads up... no limit strip poker ( please own me ^_^ )
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby felixleong » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:54 pm

nah ~ just kidding
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Previous

Return to Member Introductions