3 Poker Things?

Discuss the basics, psychology, probability, table selection etc.

Re: 3 Poker Things?

Postby andybian » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi guys i'm new to this forum. I personally kinda intringe by this discussion. Everytime most of my friends debate with me about luck in poker this is how i break down.

10% Luck & probability ( Still a chance: A king queen suited might lose to lower cards if all 5 cards in river are within 10 )

10% Money ( Bank roll management is crucial, if one had lost to the finale buy in from his bankroll, all his usual play style will be changeg to either on tilt or all in maniac)

80% Skill ( which involve in all aspects like counting the cards odds, the pot, the raise amount , opponents chips left etc)
But the most important is the ability to read and understand your fresh opponent in the shortest time, and every changing of playing style = You sure win in your entire life !!! In this case you can subtract the 10% from luck.

" When you know your opponent is bluffing, even with the smallest pairs of 2 in your hands, you shall raise till he drop "

Cheers Andy
Regular hosting player in yishun.
andybian
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby chenghao » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 pm

one question , how did you arrive at 10 % , 10 % , 80 % ?........... :mrgreen:
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Mydral » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Skill: 80%
Character: 20% (is developed with skill)
Luck: 0% (if you believe in any sort of luck it just means you do not understand the game yet, poker outcomes are calculated in an infinite number of hands mathematically and making +EV plays = +$ at all times because of that)
Mydral
New Fish

Previous

Return to General Poker Strategy