Youngest Ever Main Event Champion

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Youngest Ever Main Event Champion

Postby suitedpairs29 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Congratulations to Peter Eastgate of Denmark for winning the 2008 World Series of Poker Main Event and being the youngest Main Event winner at age 22 beating out Phil Helmuth when we beat Johnny Chan at age 24. He wins over $9,152,416 and the bracelet and induction into the most exclusive club of poker, main event champions.

From World Series of Poker.COM

Hand #274 - Ivan Demidov Eliminated in 2nd Place ($5,809,595); Peter Eastgate Wins the 2008 World Series of Poker Main Event!
Peter Eastgate has the button. He limps in and Ivan Demidov checks the big blind. The flop comes down [2d] [Ks] [3h] . Action is checked to Eastgate, who bets 1.25 million. Demidov calls, then checks again when the [4c] hits the turn. Eastgate doesn't slow down, firing out a bet of 2 million more. Demidov counts to twenty, then check-raises to 6 million. With that bet, he has committed half of his stack to the pot. It could be the point of no return if Eastgate comes along. Eastgate thinks things over for about thirty seconds and then calls. When he does, everyone in the gallery rises expectantly to their feet. The river is the [7s]. Demidov announces all in and Eastgate snap-calls. Could this be it? Demidov shows first, tabling [4h] [2h] for two pair, fours and deuces. Eastgate is next to show, turning over [Ad] [5s] -- he's made a wheel! It's all over! Ivan Demidov has been eliminated in second place, earning $5,809,595 for his remarkable run through this tournament. Peter Eastgate has been crowned the champion of the 2008 World Series of Poker's Main Event.

Inspiration for all young up and comers, if he can do it, we all can!
suitedpairs29
Challenge Poker Player

Re: Youngest Ever Main Event Champion

Postby felixleong » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:00 pm

nowadays millionaires are getting younger and younger while I'm getting older and older LOL
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby dayveed » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:41 pm

millionaires are an understatement. with 9mil usd. that's like almost 15mil sgd. insane. move to thailand and retire at 22 i say!!
dayveed
New Fish

Postby Gina » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:03 pm

I think I still stand a chance right?
They still need a youngest gal to be in their record too.
Just joking hehe
Gina
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby felixleong » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 pm

Gina ~ maybe someday you will be the 1st female to win the WSOP main event ^_^
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby KingKongMike » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:54 pm

This life i hav no hope liao, maybe i go and die now and get reborn, I'll break this recoed in 18 years time.....LOL!:p
KingKongMike
New Fish

Postby Afternoon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 pm

We still have a chance in the record book.......

being the 1st Singaporean to crown WSOP championship!

See Who 1st !
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby DMTheNuts » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:17 pm

This is already history in the World Series of Poker as the youngest Main Event Champion beating Phil Hellmuth's Record.
DMTheNuts
ABC Poker Player

Return to General Poker Chat