One of the sickest calls I've made...

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

One of the sickest calls I've made...

Postby vaevictis » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:45 pm

On hindsight this is mostly spew, but table dynamics and history made me call in this hand.
Villian is playing something like 30 % VPIP/ 20% raise. Has been raise-isolating limpers all day and I've been 3betting him all day with trash hands to take down pots PF. Villian plays solidly but spew chips in certain pots.
Villian knows I've been 3 betting light. Villian has checked-raise me huge once when I 3'bet him PF, he called and I cbet. Been trading chips around for quite many orbits.

On this hand, UTG posted 1 BB after coming back from break (not shown on converter), and Hero raised. My first thought was that he is isolating a blind poster and I was at the button, stacks are relatively deep to make plays, and decide to just 3bet PF to take down the pot mostly. He makes the call and I expect his range be wide, since he has been raise lots, and calling my 3bets light.

Flop a weak top pair and he immediately check raises all in. I figured he won't have played overpairs up to QQ this way given the stack sizes, + given the speed he checkraised-shove, using this timing tell, it seems to me he was just trying to push me off a hand. (which he has done so in previous hands)

I dont think I played this hand well, and the calling of all-in is just pretty sick as I only beat a bluff, which I did. On another given day I would have folded this all day and won't even 3 bet preflop, but it is just the way the table dynamics and history that made me play this way. Won't really consider this as a goodbeat, more of a weird spot.

Comments?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

saw flop|saw showdown

UTG ($156.10)
MP ($183)
CO ($100)
Hero ($181.25)
SB ($134.55)
BB ($87.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Image, Image.
UTG checks, MP raises to $5, 1 fold, Hero raises to $18, 2 folds, UTG folds, MP calls $13.

Flop: ($38.50) Image, Image, Image (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $28, MP raises to $165 (All-In), Hero calls $135.25 (All-In).

Turn: ($365) Image (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($365) Image (2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $365

Results in white below:
MP has Ah Qs (one pair, fours).
Hero has As 8d (two pair, eights and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins $365. MP wins $1.75.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Board: 7h 8h 3c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 53.356% 53.36% 00.00% 46484 0.00 { As8c }
Hand 1: 46.644% 46.64% 00.00% 40636 0.00 { 22+, AQs+, AQo+ }

Given a calling range of 22+ AQ and AK, my equity is still somewhat decent. its a real close call though in terms of equity.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats