Did i play this hand bad???? need EXPERT analysis

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Re: Did i play this hand bad???? need EXPERT analysis

Postby watchalukin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Pardon me if this may sound very noobie. But i always feel that as long as there is a probability and there is a chance, the LUCK factor is always there. So as much as we always KPKB whenever we get a bad beat....Somehow, there will be times where you bad beat someone else. So give and take la....I remember my friend tellin me about this variance thinge...oh well, guess your variance was on the negative due to that hand....=)

Cheers!~
watchalukin
New Fish

Postby juice14 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:52 am

watchalukin wrote:Pardon me if this may sound very noobie. But i always feel that as long as there is a probability and there is a chance, the LUCK factor is always there. So as much as we always KPKB whenever we get a bad beat....Somehow, there will be times where you bad beat someone else. So give and take la....I remember my friend tellin me about this variance thinge...oh well, guess your variance was on the negative due to that hand....=)

Cheers!~

There is no bad beat here. If he rivered another 4 then yes that would be a bad beat heeeheee

@Push2Tilt,

I'm not a good player but my alarm bells woulda gone off when he re-raised you on turn. Yes he did not raise PF and yes he checked on flop but it seems he's not playing ABC poker and is quite devious. Without knowing any of the previous hands, just looking at the starting stacks tells me he's either good or lucky to be 2x max buy-in.

With a 4 on turn the only lucky thing he might have is the same hand you have. So errrr.... I wouldn't have pushed back. You're OOP with 4th best hand (I think) is a tough choice to laydown on river though.... I freely admit I may not be able to..... its always easier when you analyse the hand when not in it heh
juice14
New Fish

Postby SGluckbox » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Yeah I agree with juice14. There is really nothing there that your hand beats. Even if he has 66, he is crushing you. Best advice is when faced with a large bet or weird betting action from your opponent, something that you did not expect, take a deep breath, click "time", and start thinking about what hands he could have in his range that he plays this way and that you beat.
SGluckbox
New Fish

Previous

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats