Poker is not gambling

Please introduce yourself to the community here. E.g your name, age, profession, how long have you been playing poker..etc. Share & discuss your poker experiences with us. Make yourself at home.
Important Information
1) Do introduce yourself to the kakis.
2) Don't post any home games, events or meet ups in this section.

Re: Poker is not gambling

Postby Lynn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:34 pm

no amt of skill can prevent bad beats...sigh
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Lynn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:51 pm

but no amt of luck and win skill!!
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby felixleong » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:46 am

From my view it seems like that are only 2 major type of poker players, one who believes in luck and another that believes in skill
sounds like the dark and light side~ may the force be with ya!
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Kungfusion » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:51 am

Played last evening and lost $300 again. Had only 2 hours and decided I would go with one buy in at $300 (since some were buying in $1k, $500 etc). Not much action as my hole cards were crap whole evening! Din have much time so played a far wider range of hands. Was short-stacked more or less whole evening until my last game which was a badly played bluff on a busted flush draw, $300 in one hand. Remind myself not to do that again.... and not to play when you have only 2 hours! Playing so many hand ranges when i am short-stacked is just not smart.

Lemme recall who was there. J, S, WL, Guy in cap and sunglasses, R, J, E. Enjoyed the game thoroughly as usual. So my live games so far I have lost $600.

No wonder so many people asking me out for games these days...lol.
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Guojing » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Tough luck. I have yet to play live poker so far and I think buying in for $300 would certainly be nerve wrecking haha
Guojing
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 1
Article Contributor (1)

Postby Kungfusion » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Hey Bro Guojing, $300 is relative... whats important is whether one is playing good poker. Which I am not so disciplined. Read about your threads grinding low stakes and building your bankroll... its great, you are doing it teh disciplined hard way.

Anyways just came back from a live game, played with D, H, L, D, SK, J and JT... at a friends place. Maybe the field is friendlier. Not too bad, finally my first win, won $550. Lots of sets and flushes tonight all around... exciting and fun!

Let's hope the good run continues.
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Lynn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:22 pm

good luck on the good run!
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Kungfusion » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 pm

I am a big donk and a stupid fish... losing a $250 pot with hole 33 when flop comes J 9 7.... wat the fark am i thinking??? I am so upset with myself.... how can I play so bad? Somehow I know I should fold but why am I c-betting with air??? Calling a reraise with air....all-in with air??

I wonder whats wrong with me? :evil: :oops: :cry: Throwing money down the drain like dat!!

I deserved to lose tonight. :cry:
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Postby colorwolf » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 am

hey chill man! sometimes you just feel like gambling! I dont like to comment on plays, bcos no play is definitely wrong or right. we can only try and fathom what's the optimum play against the particular player, in that particular situation, in your position and with your hole cards. so, dont be so harsh on yourself la. just try to play your best, and you'd probably be happy even if you lose. see you soon.
colorwolf
ABC Poker Player

Postby DM101 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:11 am

Kungfusion wrote:I am a big donk and a stupid fish... losing a $250 pot with hole 33 when flop comes J 9 7.... wat the fark am i thinking??? I am so upset with myself.... how can I play so bad? Somehow I know I should fold but why am I c-betting with air??? Calling a reraise with air....all-in with air??

I wonder whats wrong with me? :evil: :oops: :cry: Throwing money down the drain like dat!!

I deserved to lose tonight. :cry:

$250??
what stakes are u playing ?
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Kungfusion » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Playing $1/$2... preflop raised $12, 4 callers, cbet $25 1 caller, turn bet $75, kenna reraised all in... Allin another $55 more. Pot about $300plus.... Something like dat la.

Dumb hand.
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Kungfusion » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:26 pm

colorwolf wrote:hey chill man! sometimes you just feel like gambling! I dont like to comment on plays, bcos no play is definitely wrong or right. we can only try and fathom what's the optimum play against the particular player, in that particular situation, in your position and with your hole cards. so, dont be so harsh on yourself la. just try to play your best, and you'd probably be happy even if you lose. see you soon.

Hey there colorwolf... chilled. :)

Never see my title... Poker is not gambling.

Anyways i am upset cause knowing what opponent has, knowing I am beat, i don't know why i still barrel my way thru.... tats dumb la.
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Postby felixleong » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:35 pm

poker is suppose to be a fun game, if you are feeling unhappy check again if its still a good hobby~
Maybe you are playing too high and it hurts a lot to lose those $$, maybe you wanna find the optimum stakes that when you win can still feel some kick but lose not so pain ^_^
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Kungfusion » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:05 am

Hey Felix,

Its just that im frustrated when I play lousy poker... I just don't understand why I can't control myself when I know I am beat.

Anyways just frustrated.

Today's a great day... cos its nice and enjoyable poker at W's place.... so casual and u guys all very funny. i really enjoy the non-raked games so much more cos everyone's not there solely to win $$$.

Great mtg u finally. Maybe u can give me some advise on my play....

Cheers!
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

PreviousNext

Return to Member Introductions