Long Jie Cruise Tourney Report

Once a competitive card gamer who has tasted success online, Felix divides his time between investing and playing poker. A journeyman who always has time for kakis

Long Jie Cruise Tourney Report

Postby felixleong » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:12 am

Its been like 12 to 14 year since I last board a cruise, but this time I'm finally of a legal age to enjoy all their facilities ^_^

The travel time from habour front to long jie is about 1.5 hours, kinda nice enjoying the wind but a little time consuming on the travel.
The tournament was pretty well organized and we managed to scramble up a $50+5 sng before the main event, coordination was flexible and the atmosphere was pretty friendly. There was free food and drinks provided which was a good bonus, the dealers were all pretty young but decent in dealing for texas hold'em. I didn't notice any major mistakes and the speed was pretty decent probably 30 hands per hour.

The $300+30 event started at 10pm and the attendance was pretty decent but slightly lower then previous.
We started off with 5k in chips and pretty slow blind structure which I liked a lot, it gave us a lot of playing space in the early 1-2 hours before the stacks started to get low and the preflop all-in battles commonly occur. Unfortunately I busted out early but managed to find time playing the $3/5 side game, min buy-in is $100 and max is unlimited. It was common for players to initial buy-in $500 or $1000.

The players were mostly casual and pretty friendly and the table dynamics were very active and action packed. Preflop pots with an openers going $20-40 and seeing 4-7 callers was frequent and showdown pots of $500-2000 range kept coming. Definitely a good place for casual players to have fun or serious grinder to squeeze out a bang.

Overall I think is a pretty good place to spend a weekend and have tons of fun playing poker ^_^
The action is just so gooooooodddddd~
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Long Jie Cruise Tourney Report

Postby Lynn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:17 pm

thanks for the report felix!
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Postby necrohavoc » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:38 pm

sorry for cracking your AA with my K9o in the SNG :lol:
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Medals: 13
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (4) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (2) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good home game host (1)

Postby felixleong » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:34 am

your postflop too strong liao, always can catch up one wahhaah AA vs you I think 50% chance to win nia LOL
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to Felix's Corner