whining thread(down 40 BIs)

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

whining thread(down 40 BIs)

Postby verysinister » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 am

juz cre8ed this thread for whining on my downswing...played like 100 sng and was down 40 BI...sibei sick.... ALL and yes ALL my aces got sucked out on and my higher pocket pair would lose to the lower pocket pair with that guy flipping a set plus losing to 3 outers and coin flips blah blah...this shit can go on and on lol....but basically its ******** saddening with a huge chunk of your BR gone...any kakis experienced downswings this bad?? post some suggestions on how i can get over this shitty moment
verysinister
ABC Poker Player

Re: whining thread(down 40 BIs)

Postby asiangravy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:24 am

what stake were you playing at sir and site?
asiangravy
Shark

Medals: 2
Long Jie Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby AsiaPokerAcademy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:14 am

Take a break - physical activity. Come back when your mind is fresh!
AsiaPokerAcademy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby felixleong » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 am

SNGs and MTTs are like this, that's why the pros advise us to have 100 to 200 buy-ins. Its common for decent players to drop 50 BI within weeks.

Maybe you would wanna consider taking a break, do some other things to get poker off your mind then come back at a lower stakes to grind up your confidence back. I had a bad streak too this year, kanna runner runner in cash games everyweek untill I BTH liao, so move down to 0.25/0.5 to kill the fishes, less stress and slightly more fun ^_^
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby verysinister » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:31 pm

playing all micro stakes 25-30 tables at a time in stars...YES IM BACK TO KILLING FISHES AT DONs
verysinister
ABC Poker Player

Postby gargamelesp » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 pm

over how long did you lose the buy ins? if it is over a fairly long period of time--- perhaps you might not be running bad but it may be time to re-evaluate your play.

ive managed to drop 5 buy ins over a single session at 3/6 nl and the feeling really stank. the first 2-3 were due to bad beats, then i started playing badly which contributed to a further dropping of 2 more. luckily i had an appointment to catch so i left the tables (could have been much worse if i continued to stay )
gargamelesp
New Fish

Postby verysinister » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:30 pm

its over 1 day....all bad beats and runner runners come to me and hit me in the face
verysinister
ABC Poker Player

Postby verysinister » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:31 pm

but i accept it....SnGs are damn swingy
verysinister
ABC Poker Player

Postby gargamelesp » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:35 pm

ah didnt read carefully that it was in tournaments--- im a cash game player myself so to me 40 BI is colossal. hopefully your luck turns around soon :)
gargamelesp
New Fish

Postby felixleong » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm so down too, down like 3k usd this year overall.
The worst is that I dropped 700 over this 2 weeks at 0.25/0.50~ I'm just so bad nowadays
felixleong
Great White Shark

Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby verysinister » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 pm

wow felix tts sick considered u are playing cash games....700 on 0.25/0.50 is 14 buy ins man...
verysinister
ABC Poker Player

Postby felixleong » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:21 pm

haha ok la, used to such swings le, last time when I played at 0.5/1 up to 2/4 those days hor 1 month easily can drop up to 2-3k or win up to 1-4k~

I guess when you run decently for 2 years, its time for the star to fade and see its doom :(
felixleong
Great White Shark

Postby SGluckbox » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 am

Take some time off and relax do other stuff. Then come back and review the past hands that you lost money in. As much as anyone wants to believe that their game is tilt-free, tilt happens to anyone. If you find yourself in autopilot mode, not thinking about the game and how the other players are playing, rarely folding to raises with tptk because you feel that too much pple are bluffing you and you have to pwn those donkeys somehow, trying to get rostucko, you, my man, are officially on tilt.

It happened to me just recently and I dropped close to 8 BIs at the 25NL tables on FTP. Tilted because my made straight cum flush draw on the turn got killed by a rivered fullhouse and we were deep at that time. Should have stopped and cut my losses to 2 buyins, instead i proceeded to play ultraaggressively and donked off 6 more buyins in 1 hr. Cash earned over a span of 20k hands, lost in 1 hour.

I'm not a very good player, but I have been playing this game for close to 1 year and I have learnt many lessons from this game. My advice to anyone is, treat your money with respect, because if you bust your bankroll, even if you are supposedly a winning player, you can't generate no moolah without the dough. Most importantly, learn to walk away on a bad day, and tell yourself, I can still win on another day, no need to win it now. Btw my set of 7s just got killed by QQ who didnt believed me, called my flopraise and made his Q set on the turn. Poker is good stuff lol.
SGluckbox
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to General Poker Chat