Number of times you CROWNED PS/ FT tournies

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Number of times you CROWNED PS/ FT tournies

Postby WSOPTH » Thu May 21, 2009 4:15 am

hello all kakis,

pretty curious here, can kakis share the number of times they crowned big tournies on PS/ FT?
personally i feel that one must be very lucky apart from skill in order to win 1 big tourny like some of our kakis did recently on ps/ft? what do you guys think?
fyi. i have yet to win one big tourny. :lol:
WSOPTH
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Re: Number of times you CROWNED PS/ FT tournies

Postby mugiwara84 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 am

DM101 lor, the asian satelite to the EPT main event @ monte carlo
mugiwara84
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
APPT Participant (1)

Postby asiangravy » Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

dm101 is like the best mtt player on this forum. Alternatively you could check out the singapore region leaderboard on pocketfives
asiangravy
Shark

Medals: 2
Long Jie Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby DM101 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 pm

asiangravy wrote:dm101 is like the best mtt player on this forum. Alternatively you could check out the singapore region leaderboard on pocketfives

I am not the best MTT player here. :shock:
I believe there are kakis better than me on this forum.
Kakis like Joshua, Ivan, Bryan and not to forget our Cruise 2x champion Erique as well.

mugiwara84 wrote:DM101 lor, the asian satelite to the EPT main event @ monte carlo

Frankly speaking, I worked very hard to enter the MC Grand Final satellite. Started playing these freeroll satellites since Feb 2009 and kept advancing into the Grand Final. I fought my way up from the shortest stack and played fearless poker during Heads Up.
This USD$25K package was indeed my best online achievement by far. :D

Those kakis that railed me during the Final Table would sure remember the roller coaster ride that I had throughout the whole tourney. I've made a video for my Final Table and I gotta upload it on youtube when I am free.

WSOPTH wrote:hello all kakis,

pretty curious here, can kakis share the number of times they crowned big tournies on PS/ FT?
personally i feel that one must be very lucky apart from skill in order to win 1 big tourny like some of our kakis did recently on ps/ft? what do you guys think?
fyi. i have yet to win one big tourny. :lol:

Hi Neo,

If you wanna check out the stats of online MTT players, do visit:

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com

If you wanna check out the stats of LIVE players, pls visit:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/

Check out under Poker Database Tab.

Luck does play an important role in MTTs. I would like to add on another factor which is our Personality. Many people often overlooked that.

Hope you crown a big tourney soon Neo! :)
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ikelos » Thu May 21, 2009 1:29 pm

asiangravy wrote:dm101 is like the best mtt player on this forum. Alternatively you could check out the singapore region leaderboard on pocketfives

Is that a thinly veiled way of saying you're the best? =p
ikelos
Site Admin

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby WSOPTH » Thu May 21, 2009 1:44 pm

DM101 wrote:Hope you crown a big tourney soon Neo! :)

thks. coming soon
WSOPTH
Challenge Poker Player

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby necrohavoc » Thu May 21, 2009 1:51 pm

skill will get you far in the MTT but luck is what you need to win it
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Medals: 13
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (4) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (2) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good home game host (1)

Postby WSOPTH » Thu May 21, 2009 2:17 pm

necrohavoc wrote:skill will get you far in the MTT but luck is what you need to win it

no doubt a 2x champion on LongJie :)
well said
WSOPTH
Challenge Poker Player

Postby asiangravy » Thu May 21, 2009 3:14 pm

ikelos wrote:

Is that a thinly veiled way of saying you're the best? =p

Obviously, i am not. Nat, josh, bryan and chris have had better online results. But p5 is good for consolidated tourney info across different sites for singapore online players
asiangravy
Shark

Medals: 2
Long Jie Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby ikelos » Thu May 21, 2009 3:42 pm

i agree that it consolidates results very well.

having said that, only a fraction of players register for it. so you only see the dudes who bothered, which means its mostly inadequate as a measure of any nation or region's online performance

awesome site though
ikelos
Site Admin

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Return to General Poker Chat