Genting Highlights- Coming Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

Re: Genting Highlights- Coming Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament

Postby stussyboi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:23 pm

i can do that if we have enuff ppl :)
i did that before for my bunch of friends.
stussyboi
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Froggy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 pm

hmm they say walk in is not confirmed, skali go until there cannot reg how lol
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby slkia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 pm

ikelos wrote:honestly, the blind structure sounds awful. most players sitting on 10 BB after 4 levels? can't do anything more than wait for cards and jam.

dats exactly wat i did the last round....damn suay cards, tried to play the button with stone cold bluff, failed due to calling stations, next playable hand i had was during 500/1000 blinds was KQo, shoved total of about 7k, THREE callers!!! paired the king, lost to set of 2s lol.

back to blackjack tables.....which is exactly wat genting wants players to do....go up n play the tables hence they organise this holdem tournament...
slkia
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (2) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby slkia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:57 pm

sjd262 wrote:
mosteal wrote:1) Uncle Bob
2) Froggy
3) Kungfusion
4) Mosteal
5) Sjd262 (interested in trasnport.....anyone got any ideas?)

Whats a hotel night cost if we are staying Fri-Sun? This sounds like a perfect weekend away. If anyone can break down the total costs--Transport, hotel, food, etc that would be great.

hotel will be free for the 1st day and if u qualify for the 2nd day they will give u another nights stay.

if u bust out but wanna get a hotel...the easiest way is to look for a junket selling rooms...

a deluxe room at 1st world will cost about 200rm on weekends....

no need to worry about hotel being fully booked....confirm can get rooms from junkets at genting...

food is at 10-20rm for a normal meal....got macdonalds....got other fast food....got food court...
slkia
Challenge Poker Player

Long Jie Participant (2) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby slkia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Kungfusion wrote:Updates:

Yo Kakis,

This is the info which I got from the hotline customer service officer.

1) You can sign up by calling them and giving them your name, ic no. and telephone number.
2) Payment has to be done within 5 days either personally or thru credit card over the phone (sounds a bit risky to me).
3) Last date of phone registeration is 12th June 09
4) You will get one night stay at First World Deluxe room for your RM550. If you qualify for semis and final on Sunday, they will throw in another night's stay.
5) Total signups as at 9 June (approx 200+). They are targetting total 540 players.

Prizes:

This is the most important part which a lot of kakis are waiting to find out. The hotline staff said that prizes will be in cash IF there is a full sign-up of 540 players.

If we get a field less then 540 players, he mentioned this thing called "partial payment". Meaning some parts of the prize will be in cash, some in non-negotiable chips (non-neg chips act like real chips, except the player may not cash them in. Any winnings generated from these chips are paid in cashable chips). When i asked him if any part of it was in vouchers, he said no.... I did not probe further.

I also asked for a detailed breakdown of how much in cash how much in non-neg chips, he said that's still under review depending on how many players actually take part. He also doesn't know the breakdown of many percent of the RM200k each "ITM" player will get.

That's all I found out... anyone else has any further info please add.

Caveat: The above is based on what the hotline staff told me... and as you know, sometimes these people's info might not be 100% accurate. Please call to check if you are unsure as I am but a interested player. ;) ;) ;)

1) no issues with using credit card over the fone to book for tournament place...did that previously and no issues....btw dats the only option for sgp unless u wanna make a trip to genting 5 days b4 the tournament

2) based on previous tournaments the prizes are paid in non negotiable chips....i.e. rolling chips....the easiest way to get cash from these chips is to 1) place even bets on all 37 roulette numbers or 2)best half on banker and half on player n pray banker doesnt get a 6.
slkia
Challenge Poker Player

Postby kczd » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:02 pm

can anyone tell me what non-negotiable chips are? then if win cannot str8away cash out ah?
kczd
New Fish

Postby stussyboi » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:22 pm

heard from someone tht check if the hotline.
the prizes shld b in cash provided if they hit the expected number of entrants
but if they dun
part of the prize will be cash and some in non negotiateble chips.
actually no much diff
can be converted to cash chips easily...
u can call the hotline and check
but
its kinda hard to communicate wif them.
stussyboi
Challenge Poker Player

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby slkia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 pm

kczd wrote:can anyone tell me what non-negotiable chips are? then if win cannot str8away cash out ah?

nn chips are chips that have the same value as cash chips except u cannot ENCASH them....

therefore u HAVE to play them on the tables.....when u win betting 100rm nn chip....u get 100rm cash chip in winnings along with ur initial bet of 100rm nn chip.....assuming a 1:1 payout

in the above scenario...u can then encash the 100rm cash chip u won...but u still have to bet the nn chip as u cant encash it....
slkia
Challenge Poker Player

Postby stussyboi » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:09 pm

same la easy to roll back.
unless u dun gamble.
jus like long jie and leisureworld...
stussyboi
Challenge Poker Player

Postby TEXASJIM » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:04 am

Sorry guys, it going 2 b the same structures and 20 mins level. Last 60 ( if hv 540 pax - 3 heats) advance to semi final. Next day,180 semi finalist run down to 10 for final . The champ is worth @ 80K, 2nd 25K,3rd 10K down to 30th placed (OR 45th placed if hv 540 pax and pay mostly in CASH ).
That's why the closing is rather early on the 12th June.So register early.
Sorry no live game, but you can try the Progressive / Bonus Texas Holdem is getting very popular lately.

[Ah] [Kh] [Qh] [Jh] [Th]
TEXASJIM
New Fish

Postby Kungfusion » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:33 pm

slkia wrote:1) no issues with using credit card over the fone to book for tournament place...did that previously and no issues....btw dats the only option for sgp unless u wanna make a trip to genting 5 days b4 the tournament

Hi Bro Silkia,

When u book on the phone and paid via credit card, do you need to give him the 3 digit security code at teh back of your credit card?

A bit concerned because with that, they can basically buy anything online etc....
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby DM101 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Kungfusion wrote:
slkia wrote:1) no issues with using credit card over the fone to book for tournament place...did that previously and no issues....btw dats the only option for sgp unless u wanna make a trip to genting 5 days b4 the tournament

Hi Bro Silkia,

When u book on the phone and paid via credit card, do you need to give him the 3 digit security code at teh back of your credit card?

A bit concerned because with that, they can basically buy anything online etc....

It should be safe. I've booked via CC a few times already. Unless you CC limit is like 100k then you need to worry about it.
Dun have to worry so much King :mrgreen:
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Froggy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:12 pm

So guys is the charter bus thingy still on? if so how much per person?
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Integrity » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi there. I've signed up. Looking forward to it. If there;s a coach going - or anyone has a spare car seat, please let me know.

Good luck to all;

Paul
Integrity
ABC Poker Player

PreviousNext

Return to Asian Poker News