Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:19 pm

The movie title is called The Deal.

It's a hold'em movie released in 2008, those who are interested to have the movie, pm me for it :)
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby felixleong » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Have you watched the legendary 'Rounders' ? does it hold up or gets beat by The Deal?
User avatar
felixleong
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby tedlhw » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:43 am

laserspy wrote:The movie title is called The Deal.

It's a hold'em movie released in 2008, those who are interested to have the movie, pm me for it :)

Bro, it looks interesting... How can I get a copy?
tedlhw
New Fish
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby support » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:53 am

I can't find the movie on imdb... is it a chinese movie?
User avatar
support
Site Admin
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:42 am
Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:53 am

felixleong wrote:Have you watched the legendary 'Rounders' ? does it hold up or gets beat by The Deal?


I don't get you :O
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:54 am

tedlhw wrote:
laserspy wrote:The movie title is called The Deal.

It's a hold'em movie released in 2008, those who are interested to have the movie, pm me for it :)

Bro, it looks interesting... How can I get a copy?


Pm me for it :D
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:55 am

support wrote:I can't find the movie on imdb... is it a chinese movie?


Nope an english movie..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446676/
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:56 am

laserspy wrote:
felixleong wrote:Have you watched the legendary 'Rounders' ? does it hold up or gets beat by The Deal?


I don't get you :O


O ok, you mean another movie titled Rounders. I haven watch that movie yet, just finish "The Deal". It is a MUST WATCH. Don't want to spoil the show for you guys, the ending is twisted damn nicely :p
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby chiku » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:20 am

I have watched both Rounders and The Deal, and my opinion is that The Deal is far behind as compared to Rounders or even Lucky You...but not a bad show to pass some time though...
chiku
ABC Poker Player
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:33 am

chiku wrote:I have watched both Rounders and The Deal, and my opinion is that The Deal is far behind as compared to Rounders or even Lucky You...but not a bad show to pass some time though...


Just finished Rounders, earlier on The Deal. In my opinion The Deal is much nicer. Personal opinion perhaps :x Maybe will continue Lucky You.. Will give a review on the 3 movies after I finish Lucky You.. :)
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby ankurk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:01 am

Have watched all three. IMO, Rounders is by far the best- I think the movie captures the whole poker thing rather well. Add to it better-than-good performances by Mike, Worm and of course Teddy KGB! The plot is more believable (except when Mike reads the cards at the judges' game- i mean c'mon!)

I preferred Deal over Lucky You, but both are FAR behind Rounders. FAR FAR behind. Well ahead of Casino Royale though (as far as poker is concerned). Of course, its all IMHO- so watch them all and decide for yourself. There are'nt many Poker movies anyway- might as well watch them all, right?
ankurk
New Fish
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:49 pm

ankurk wrote:Have watched all three. IMO, Rounders is by far the best- I think the movie captures the whole poker thing rather well. Add to it better-than-good performances by Mike, Worm and of course Teddy KGB! The plot is more believable (except when Mike reads the cards at the judges' game- i mean c'mon!)

I preferred Deal over Lucky You, but both are FAR behind Rounders. FAR FAR behind. Well ahead of Casino Royale though (as far as poker is concerned). Of course, its all IMHO- so watch them all and decide for yourself. There are'nt many Poker movies anyway- might as well watch them all, right?


Yeah, I love The Deal is because, well who would give up a trophy and the 8.2 million dollars for a 4 million dollars cash price? Kinda spoiler here, but not so much haha.

Rounder, yeah it is nice, it is possible for Mike to put the judges on a range of hand, but so accurately spot on, no way =x

Lucky You, sibei boring, watched 3/4 and fell asleep this morning -.-

Casino Royale also about poker? Later go find liaos :p
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby felixleong » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:00 pm

all the sudden I just feel like watching rounders again... its just so epic
User avatar
felixleong
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: Have a Hold'em movie to intro you guys

Postby laserspy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Lol... You need the link to download it? :p
laserspy
New Fish
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm


Return to General Poker Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

 

Recent Posts

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Site

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner