Proposition bets

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Proposition bets

Postby chenghao » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 pm

What are some proposition bets that you guys wager?

definition from here http://www.flopturnriver.com/poker-prop-bets.php

Poker Prop Bets
For those who cannot seem to get enough action at the poker tables poker prop bets are for you. There are many different types of bets one can make on poker, at or away from the tables. Prop bets can even be made in good fun, with stipulations other than money. For example, players will bet on certain events with the loser having to wear some type of embarrassing clothing.

Proposition betting has been around as long as the game of poker itself. Poker players are known for betting on just about anything, including their results in some of the world’s biggest tournaments.

I had minor prop bets like

1 . " act pro non live players betting on live player's hands ,

like i bet 2 BB that he has an overpair on the flop.

2. Deuce 7 - collect 2 BB for every pot won with 2 7.

3. How many non blind hands a NIT/Rock will play in the 1st 8 rounds , less then 6 or more then 6 .

I think prop bets make the home cash games more fun :mrgreen:
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: Proposition bets

Postby Froggy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 pm

Rank / Suit on the flop/turn/river i.e. guessing cards :)
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby blackchilli » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:58 am

I bet away from the table with friends of mine. Its nothing related to poker at all. Currently I have a 100 metre sprint challenge with another guy for $10 on monday, $15 to do a 'windmill' (the breakdancing step) in 3 months and $100 to do a windmill dunk on a basketball rim by the end of the year.

My last 2 bets are supposed to motivate me to get fit. I need to get at least a silver for my NAPFA, don't wanna get an extra 2 months.
blackchilli
ABC Poker Player

Postby Lo0o0o0n » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:07 am

blackchilli wrote:I bet away from the table with friends of mine. Its nothing related to poker at all. Currently I have a 100 metre sprint challenge with another guy for $10 on monday, $15 to do a 'windmill' (the breakdancing step) in 3 months and $100 to do a windmill dunk on a basketball rim by the end of the year.

My last 2 bets are supposed to motivate me to get fit. I need to get at least a silver for my NAPFA, don't wanna get an extra 2 months.

I'll take up the windmill (breakdancing step) bet if anyone is willing to offer me....i'll giv u REALLY good odds! ;)

-Alex Loon-
Lo0o0o0n
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby eug1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:29 am

Lo0o0o0n wrote:
blackchilli wrote:I bet away from the table with friends of mine. Its nothing related to poker at all. Currently I have a 100 metre sprint challenge with another guy for $10 on monday, $15 to do a 'windmill' (the breakdancing step) in 3 months and $100 to do a windmill dunk on a basketball rim by the end of the year.

I'll take up the windmill (breakdancing step) bet if anyone is willing to offer me....i'll giv u REALLY good odds! ;)

-Alex Loon-

i'll bet alex win.
eug1
New Fish

Medals: 1
Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby blackchilli » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:24 pm

You guys are serious? Is it really that difficult? I've even seen Shaq (the oversized basketball player) do it. Hmm.. sounds tempting but I only bet for fun though with people I know, just so I can rub it in if I win. Either way though, I'd better make sure I can get that step down. Looks like I'm gonna lose $15!
blackchilli
ABC Poker Player

Postby dsasdfg » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Haha.. This sound a lot like the movie 'Lucky you'. Let's set up up some bets and see who wanna take the bet (Poker or not poker related). I'm gonna start with 1. completing more then 10 types of tricks with chips within 2 mins(shuffling of chips, butterfly, etc)- S$20

Anyone who wanna to accept this challange, please reply in this thread by this weekend. And the dateline will be a week from now. Hmm, anyone who can think of any T&Cs?? Haha..
dsasdfg
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 1
Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Return to General Poker Chat