Does anyone think I could suck out more with my pocket KK?

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Does anyone think I could suck out more with my pocket KK?

Postby jonasjive » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Recently went to a cash game 1/2 blinds. 9 handed.
I'm the last player before button - is it called cut-off (still new lah :roll: )?
Dealer gave me [Ks] [Kd] .
Almost everone limp in except UTG.
I raise to 12.
BB re-raise to 40.
Player after UTG calls.
I call.
Flop comes [Ts] [3s] [7h]
BB bets 50.
Player after UTG folds.
I call.
Turn is [2s] .
BB checks.
I check.
River is [5c]
BB bets 50.
I call.
Showdown BB shows [Qh] [Qc] .
I take the pot.

I felt I played it a little badly and could have sucked out more from him.

Any comments?
jonasjive
Challenge Poker Player

Re: Does anyone think I could suck out more with my pocket KK?

Postby verysinister » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:43 pm

u shld have juz shove it preflop=D since there was 1 overcaller, the pot would be big enough and the guy who 3bets might thought are 4bet bluffing since u raised from CO, so just shove it and put ur money into the middle, the overcaller who limped and overcalled the 3bet would most probably have a shitty pocket pair looking to hit a set, not even AQ+ unless hes a donk.
verysinister
ABC Poker Player

Postby jonasjive » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:40 am

Wow! Never thought of that! Think that would be a really power play! But I'm rather conservative and was worried that he would have the rockets. Thanks for the thought though. :)
jonasjive
Challenge Poker Player

Postby isaacngo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:57 pm

well if you think he has rockets or worried you can re raise and not shove on the preflop and if he plays it back at you meaning a 4th bet then it depends on the player profile you have on him... you can still shove after this also which gives you more options but if he just calls then most likely you have him beat and you will take more as u made a very strong 3rd bet on the preflop...

A raise on the 3rd bet should be i think to about 100-110 since he raise 40 and u put in 12 plus the limpers the pot should be about 70 liao thus a re raise of 110 he will call cause he is priced in and also it will be hard for him to raise without aces ( but that depends on player profile ) and with QQ you would have already won about 300 instead of the ~ 200 you got in the end... you should also take not of his stash before this bet... you might even want to put him in a position where he will go all in and you are gambling with him.... which is what poker is all about... and if you really get suckered or face aces.... i mean thats just poker... but the move with benefit you in the long run...
isaacngo
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby astroboi512 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:50 am

ur flop bet onwards is quite bad....
ur preflop play was okie... no need to commit so much so early unless u very sure what he has... do some testing or seeking out of water on the flop and turn .. the river shld be a formailty of knowing what he has..

importantly is how much both ur stacks were @?

see once u call his flop bet of $50 he is a bit sure u have something... so he decideed to check... the turn may be the street that u nv milk him or shld i say u shld know that the $50 river bet was a value bet thinking he is very strong... u could also min raise on the river... with 2 queens i think he could only call u down... unless... he comes up with good reasons to raise u... with a flush and a straight draw...
astroboi512
New Fish

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats