Asian Poker School

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Re: Asian Poker School

Postby Brasstal » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:14 pm

holypendant wrote:Bryan, so is it free? i'm playing at NL2.. trying to build up so i can play higher limits. it will be great if the whole clubhouse is grinding all together..

1st: you will be motivated and psyc-up.
2nd: there will be people to advice us.

But, will there be charges? or minimum capital invested in order to be in this school.

I was just explaining to another kaki that from what i have noticed, the school has cultivated really really great players... top in the world for mid levels now making 400+k usd on $2/$4. And they started on 10c/$25c or 25c/50c..

Its a win win for them, they wish to cultivate players and improve them. These players who grow, gain respect, and as they grow, so does the school... thats why they really become a tight community.

Thats just what i noticed... tying to answer all possible queries to find out how this idea might work in your community

Basically i believe they accept everyone who is dedicated and passionate about the game

AND there are no Step 1-Step 10 to success. How it works is that people interested go there to play, watch the pros play, ask, learn, play let their plays get watched, and discuss plays, and ask, and learn and play more.
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby Brasstal » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Lo0o0o0n wrote:online wise...i think singapore is not there yet...turning pro wise...i think singapore is so far away it probably cannot even be seen ..............................................."

for one u can count on me to giv ur poker school the support it needs...one more year for school onli....then the door are wide open for me...trying for online grinder shud be my first stop...and hopefully...my onli stop...haaaa =)

-Alex Loon-

Hi Alex

Thanks for the encouraging words. I guess since you might be mentioning professional players and stuff, i totally understand that Signaporeans are not doing this for a living. And I greatly and always have advised against many people playing for a lving.

For yourself, you have seen the highs and maybe more lows in turning professional. So I guess you understand greatly it is not as easy. I think worrying about the business model of things is really not important for us - the players.

I guess if they do set up a place where we can watch and broaden our playing experience its definitely a win win for us...

Thanks for your support and your point of view, i'll be sure to relay to my friends that there are players here interested to watch/learn and grow as a community here!
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby Brasstal » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Just a mention guys, im not saying it is targeting only your community, or how it will exactly work but im just sharing what I know... and trying to find out the interest levels, if people are interested to learn and improve, or are they happy the way they are now playing...

Would appreciate more views and advice coming in!
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Good Seller (1)

Postby holypendant » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 pm

I was just explaining to another kaki that from what i have noticed, the school has cultivated really really great players... top in the world for mid levels now making 400+k usd on $2/$4. And they started on 10c/$25c or 25c/50c..

wow... i tink by the time this thing set up in singapore, I"M in... count me in.. i've always looking forward to grind online... had been doing for past 1 month but only breakeven :(
holypendant
New Fish

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby noob.nish » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:56 pm

hi there,

i'm interested, as i wish and hopfully be able to turn pro/full time, or at least to improve the game that i've been playing.
noob.nish
New Fish

Postby gargamelesp » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:25 am

hmm from my point of view.. school and community can mean quite different things : the former entails some sort of top down education to a certain extent and if there are no fees involved, i think it would be great if those who are at the higher end level of the game are willing to share info at no cost to those just starting out. but somehow i dont think its very feasible as after all, poker is still a battle for survival.. and giving out free information/knowledge about their game /thought processes to complete strangers would not be something i want to do

on the other hand, a community would be great .. meaning the people sharing info are of a similar capability poker wise... i agree it would be pretty cool to find like minded people playing together and carry out post mortems of hands etc..

ive just graduated and have decided to take a year off to play poker full time.. currently play 5/10 at stars and am definitely in favour of getting to know more people in the community (shout out to jason) :)
gargamelesp
New Fish

Postby Brasstal » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 pm

gargamelesp wrote:hmm from my point of view.. school and community can mean quite different things : the former entails some sort of top down education to a certain extent and if there are no fees involved, i think it would be great if those who are at the higher end level of the game are willing to share info at no cost to those just starting out. but somehow i dont think its very feasible as after all, poker is still a battle for survival.. and giving out free information/knowledge about their game /thought processes to complete strangers would not be something i want to do

on the other hand, a community would be great .. meaning the people sharing info are of a similar capability poker wise... i agree it would be pretty cool to find like minded people playing together and carry out post mortems of hands etc..

ive just graduated and have decided to take a year off to play poker full time.. currently play 5/10 at stars and am definitely in favour of getting to know more people in the community (shout out to jason) :)

The thing is, the "school" is not gonna consist of 100 people. They call it a school but as you said, perhaps its not the best descripton for it. Yet again the better players there do share their thought processes to the other members of that community. Given how small that community is, the seniors or better players share and allow the other players to watch and learn from them.

I assume that is why they call it a school... It would be great if this really starts off and everyone can get together to improve their game! Better to kill others then ur own kaki's right? :)
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Good Seller (1)

Postby Froggy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 pm

definitely interested, beats grinding alone!
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby JLiuuu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Great Idea!

This is like CardRunners.com, but with a more local and live feel to it!
JLiuuu
ABC Poker Player

Good Seller (1)

Postby Brasstal » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:33 pm

yeah i do think of it as a great idea and its great to see the response so great here...

I see so many Singaporeans in Macau now!

Anyway I feel that generally Singaporeans are good pokerplayers compared to many other countries and having such a concept will only strengthen the poker players here and make Singaporeans a force to be reckoned with~ hehehe
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Good Seller (1)

Postby holypendant » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:26 pm

i'm looking forward as well as very excited about your setting up school? will it be based in singapore.
holypendant
New Fish

Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby harocarlos » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 pm

u got my support.. am grinding now and den although i have a full-time job.. :)

regards,
Eddie Gian
harocarlos
New Fish

Postby johntan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Bryan,

I think your idea of an Asian Poker School here definitely sounds interesting in an emerging poker scene like Singapore, where there are lots of new players starting to learn the game, such as yours truly.

Go for it!

Cheers / John Tan
johntan
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Ah gu kris » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Bryan,

Sorry I missed you in Singapore, was rather busy and really would like to meet up before.

Its a fabulous idea and im quite interested in it and i believe it would greatly improve our games and other's attitude and thoughts about the game.

Im in for it, hope we can get a good feedback once the polls succeed.

Thanks man,

Good luck in Macau and best of hands
Ah gu kris
New Fish

PreviousNext

Return to General Poker Chat