Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby felixleong » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:42 am

Dear poker kakis, i like to ask if any of u guys know of any singaporean supernovas on pokerstars?
As i will be aiming for supernova in 2008 , forcasted to hit around september
I hope to be the 1st in SG to achieve supernova status followed by supernova elite in the future.

please feel free to leave any comments ^_^
User avatar
felixleong
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby vaevictis » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi Felix,

Im not sure if there are any Singaporean Supernova people. Supernova is much easier to obtain compaired to elite obviously, I supposed for its a common status for any regular player at PS. For your ambitions to obtain elite via SSNL cash games, you may want to consult leatherass blog at stoxpoker. He grinds VPPs at a rate no one does, but its a decision he regrets greatly. He is going to be a supernova elite definitely by the end of this year though. Another way to really get elite fast is to play high stakes SNGs, but thats another problem all together.


If I could spare the time or play full-time poker, I would choose PS over FT due to the Supernova rakeback having more value than the 27% rakeback at FT. For a part time player, the omnipresent 27% at FT is too much to give up. From what I read you plan to achieve Supernova status at August, I'm not sure the total value of rakeback you will get from Jan-Aug but i reckon is defintely less than the 27% fixed rakeback from FT. But after august its a different story though. I think its a 35% rakebacvk value at supernova, not really sure, check out 2+2. So yes, Supernova is good only when you are fully utilising its FPP multiplier, continuing to grind alot beyond that.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby Lo0o0o0n » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Well...don't know any supernovas arnd now....im currently a goldstar...as im sure are most pple...

however, i recently quit cash games for the month of Dec and switched to SnGs for a more stable cashflow and it seems to be working...i juz found the variance in my cash games play tooo big for my liking...

this move, however, came at a price...i now find it increasingly hard to earn FPP. I doubt I'll maintain my goldstar status till next year...zzz and I really dont wanna go back to cash games just as yet...SnGs juz earns me too little FPPs too slowly...

Ya so anyone got any special ways to earn out the FPPs fast?

will be much appreciated by all im sure...

Thanks! :D
User avatar
Lo0o0o0n
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:11 am
Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby vaevictis » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:17 pm

limit holdem and high stakes SNGs is the fastest way though. I think 'Elky' and some other pro hit elite sometime in April or May just by grinding out high stakes SNGs.

Looon, how do you spent your FPPs as a goldstar? You use them for the $1500 bonus as rakeback?
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby felixleong » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:22 pm

vaevictis wrote:Hi Felix,

Im not sure if there are any Singaporean Supernova people. Supernova is much easier to obtain compaired to elite obviously, I supposed for its a common status for any regular player at PS. For your ambitions to obtain elite via SSNL cash games, you may want to consult leatherass blog at stoxpoker. He grinds VPPs at a rate no one does, but its a decision he regrets greatly. He is going to be a supernova elite definitely by the end of this year though. Another way to really get elite fast is to play high stakes SNGs, but thats another problem all together.


If I could spare the time or play full-time poker, I would choose PS over FT due to the Supernova rakeback having more value than the 27% rakeback at FT. For a part time player, the omnipresent 27% at FT is too much to give up. From what I read you plan to achieve Supernova status at August, I'm not sure the total value of rakeback you will get from Jan-Aug but i reckon is defintely less than the 27% fixed rakeback from FT. But after august its a different story though. I think its a 35% rakebacvk value at supernova, not really sure, check out 2+2. So yes, Supernova is good only when you are fully utilising its FPP multiplier, continuing to grind alot beyond that.


Dear vaevictis,

Thanks for your wonderful reply, if i am not mistaken , base on calculations by a 2+2, supernova is about 32% rakeback excluding freerolls (which i do not play as it falls very late , around 3-4am)

I just planning to hit and maintain supernova from 2008 sept till the end of my poker career, maybe after i complete my 3 years of full time studies then will aim for SNE (super nova elite), i probably will have to play like 24 tables of 100NL , LOL

And yeah, after reading all those SNE stories at 2+2, the quest for SNE can be quite sickening. i think it would be healthier to aim for a Wsop bracelet or something as a goal ba , right??

hehe

Felix ^_^
User avatar
felixleong
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby Lo0o0o0n » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:57 am

vaevictis wrote:limit holdem and high stakes SNGs is the fastest way though. I think 'Elky' and some other pro hit elite sometime in April or May just by grinding out high stakes SNGs.

Looon, how do you spent your FPPs as a goldstar? You use them for the $1500 bonus as rakeback?


Hey Felix,

Goldstar currently only offers $285 for 25000 FPPs...and after buying some books and my chipset...i dont have 25000 anymore...so i guess i gotta purchase the silverstar one soon...coz they say they gonna review it by the end of the year...anyway its not much diff la...$35 more for the goldstar onli...coz if u buy 5 silverstar one for $50 each and onli 5000 FPPs, the goldstar bonus onli adds up to $35 more....think i'll buy 2 silverstar bonuses now...haa... :D

Alex Loon
User avatar
Lo0o0o0n
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:11 am
Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby felixleong » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:43 am

Lo0o0o0n wrote:
vaevictis wrote:limit holdem and high stakes SNGs is the fastest way though. I think 'Elky' and some other pro hit elite sometime in April or May just by grinding out high stakes SNGs.

Looon, how do you spent your FPPs as a goldstar? You use them for the $1500 bonus as rakeback?


Hey Felix,

Goldstar currently only offers $285 for 25000 FPPs...and after buying some books and my chipset...i dont have 25000 anymore...so i guess i gotta purchase the silverstar one soon...coz they say they gonna review it by the end of the year...anyway its not much diff la...$35 more for the goldstar onli...coz if u buy 5 silverstar one for $50 each and onli 5000 FPPs, the goldstar bonus onli adds up to $35 more....think i'll buy 2 silverstar bonuses now...haa... :D

Alex Loon


Yo Alex,

I think its best to invest FPPs in books, i have redeemed like over 20 books from the VIP store so far (which is all the more readable ones). Books are a good investment cause it really helps improve your game and push u to the next level. One can gain experience from playing, but books gives u tons and tons of knowledge, things that u can never know or understand just by playing it out only.

As for cash bonus, i think only the supernova bonus is worth it. which is 100,000 FPPS for $1500, so u get 1.5 cent per FPP
Gold star is much less then 1.5 and silver star even worst. So i strongly sugguest u save up FPP till u reach supernova

If u are not planning to hit supernova, the most value u can get out of your FPP is to play satalites to the sunday millions
which are worth about 1.6 cent per FPP. The fastest way to clear is the 10 man SNG, 5400 FPP top 4 gets a $215 seat
get the ticket and unregister to get 215 tournament dollars instead, then grind out some SNGs or spend on MTTs

good luck at the tables ^_^
User avatar
felixleong
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby Lo0o0o0n » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:06 pm

wah...the satellites to sunday million do seem appealing....of course there is a gd chance u spend like 10000+ FPPs and get nothing in return..for me at least...im not that confident of top 4 all the time...bonuses are money in the bag at least...anywayz...i'll giv it a shot once i work my way up the FPPs again....long painful journey it is after quitting cash games...zzzz....

thanks for all the advice man...much appreciated...

Alex Loon
User avatar
Lo0o0o0n
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:11 am
Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby felixleong » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:26 am

yeah , its a long journey saving up FPPs.
Just take your time and save it up, anyway they gonna have more new stuffs in 2008.
Pokerstars says in 2008 january they will be announcing some new changes to their VIP structure , VIP store and other stuffs, so lets hope to hear more good news from them

^_^
User avatar
felixleong
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby PoKerArt » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:54 pm

yeah im still waiting for the stars vip team to announce the new benefit of supernova onwards then i might start playing on stars.Nowadays the games on most site are mostly bad,might as well play on the site that generate the most hands/hr.
PoKerArt
New Fish
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:18 am
Medals: 2
Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby DM101 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:26 am

PoKerArt wrote:yeah im still waiting for the stars vip team to announce the new benefit of supernova onwards then i might start playing on stars.Nowadays the games on most site are mostly bad,might as well play on the site that generate the most hands/hr.


Cool Kyo, please come back stars and rape the angmos.
User avatar
DM101
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:52 am
Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby molaboy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:02 pm

molaboy
ABC Poker Player
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Singapore - Any SuperNova?

Postby mrjorisa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

there are a number of supernova players from sg. its not really very hard to achieve and any serious players can probably get it easily within 2-3 months at ssnl
mrjorisa
New Fish
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:17 am

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive


Return to General Poker Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 

Recent Posts

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Site

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner




cron