need help in SSS

Discuss the basics, psychology, probability, table selection etc.

need help in SSS

Postby LewisTan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:12 am

Hi ppl... im a poker newbie here. recently trying to play online 0.05/0.1...very micro stakes...I follow the short stack strategy quite closely... sometimes tilt abit....

The thing is everytime i won, i will lose it back on the next few session. Feel like it is a luck game. After playing for 2weeks, im still even now. Do you guy think SSS is good to win? i feel that alot of people are using SSS at 0.05/0.1.

So do you guys have any suggestion for me? should i continue playing SSS? i don have a good bankroll...still schooling.

Thanks
LewisTan
New Fish

Re: need help in SSS

Postby chenghao » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:29 am

read up on a strategy besides SSS and mix it up
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby DM101 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:58 am

You won't learn much ny playing short stack in the long run.
Try playing with 100BB stack once you have a healthy bankroll.
The objective of playing poker is to stack other players.
Do more read up on poker strategies.
Good luck in your games.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)

Postby LewisTan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:58 pm

thanks for the reply! btw, what's ny? besides SSS, there is only big stacks strategy right?
SSS wont learn much as in the post flop play? i did read up on some post flop play..
thanks alot...will try out big stack once i build up my bankroll. :)
LewisTan
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby chenghao » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:50 pm

if you are not short stack , you are big stack then .
learn the different techniques (floating/squeezing/isolation .. blah blah blah), play styles , different sort of bluffs , putting people on a range of hands (and hence the type of player he think you think of him) , remember what is their betting pattern when they have what hands shown in what position against who etc.
you should also read up on the mathematical basics like outs , pot/hand odds etc , EV + or -ve. etc etc etc
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3

Postby LewisTan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:18 pm

yea...i have read most of those strategies when playing live game. May i know how many tables you people play online? if you are playing many tables at a time, do you all have the time to read all your players and remember their betting patterns? thanks...

haha i just lost all my 25usd. mainly on blackjack... btw, which poker will you all recommend? im using ipoker client. pokerstar seems very popular, but their betting only show the chips not the amount, which is confusing when there is reraise.
LewisTan
New Fish

Postby Mydral » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:12 pm

pokerstars does show amounts, you just have to enable it under options.
Oh and 25$ not that much, just spend 75$ trying to qualify for the Macau cup qualifier (lost the bloody HU!!)

Anyways yeah with SSS you don't learn anything. Just play BSS.
Start playing 2 tables and move it up to 4 when you can. You acn still easily remember peoples betting patters and what not especially if you use software like HEM
Mydral
New Fish

Postby LewisTan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks alot. i guess i will deposit some money to ps....2 tables??? then i have to wait for damn long for a decent hand to play man....when playing SSS, i open 6 tables, there are times when i have to wait more than 20mins for a hand to play.....do you all play looser preflop when playing BSS than SSS? thanks...gt so much to learn....
LewisTan
New Fish

Postby Froggy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 pm

yea like what everyone says, SSS doesnt help u to learn. unless u are really really short on BR, and that shld only be used as a means to build ur BR.

the min u shld go down to is NL10, anything lower than that is counter-productive and time wasting. for beginners i suggest u do 1 table, 2 max and buy in full.

SSS is basically just wait for cards, bet and hope u r good, its baccarat, u learn nothing
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Return to General Poker Strategy