Pokerkaki League 2008

Please let us know if you guys have any suggestions for this forum. We'll look into it ASAP.

Pokerkaki League 2008

Postby DM101 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:41 pm

We need suggestions from the kakis here for the upcoming tourneys. We will be getting some of the reputable LIVE/online sg poker players to join in the fun.
We are open to any suggestions.

Some guidelines like:

How long the league going to be? 3mth? 6mths? or 1year?
How many players needed to run the league?
Will it be a 6 max or ring table for the league?
What is the buyin for the tourney?
$50SNG buyin? $100SNG buyin? or $200SNG buyin?
Running in turbo or normal mode?
What chips stack suggested for the tourney? Normal or deep stack?
How is the reward system gotta be? Top 3 or only 1 winner?

Please let us know soon.

Pokerkaki Team
Last edited by DM101 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: Pokerkaki League 2008

Postby ragraise » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 pm

I think buyin $ 10 or $ 20 ?

Preferably 2 tables 6-9 handed depending on the number of players joining .

Deepstack would be good say 150 - 200 bb ? :twisted:
ragraise
New Fish

Postby felixleong » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:55 am

Since u are saying league ,i presume its gonna take at min 1 month or max 1 year(1 season) to figure the winner?
here i some points i can advise

1) could be a weekly event and u count scores
2) could seperate into 2 leagues, small and high stakes to attract both amatuers and pros
3) 9 man is much more common then 6-max, so probably stick to 9 man
4) is this league live or online?
5) If live u need to secure a comfortable place for the duration of this event
6) u can do it as a SNG structure, and award points base on placing (1st 10 points, 2nd 5 points , 3rd 3 points, others 1 point etc) end of season reward top 3 finishers heavily and give consolation prize to rest
7) or u can do it as normal cash game league, end of season top 9 finishers fight in a "final table" their starting chip counts are from those accumilated from earlier rounds?

actually if u are new to organising such events, better not run a league, cause its usually much complex then other games, if the organiser is lack of experience, very easy to cock up or cause confusion

Home cash games are easiest to organise but if u wanna hold something more interesting then your weekly game maybe u can start by having monthly or yearly tournament

Just normal and simple freeze-out tournament should attract good attendence
and having tournament titles like "Singapore 1st Poker Championships" or " Singapore God of Gambler Series" etc should help boost attendence a lot , hehehe

anyway above just my suggestions, hope it helps u a bit ^_^

If the stakes and prizes are good, i'll might take out some time to play in hehe
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby statix » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:42 pm

I suggest we have diff types of games, not just NLHE. But as much as possible try to play the standard games, like PLO, PLO8, Stud, Stud H/L, etc and not fun games like Crazy Pineapple.

That way we're in a way training for bigger tournaments as well.
statix
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby xeroe » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:17 am

Start small la, make it a tournament, limit the number of participants, have a few tables (Not on a single night of course), Top N goes on to next round etc. Like maybe if 5 tables of 10, top 2 goes on to final round, then maybe 6 players win? Limit the number of rebuys probably.

And then to be even more ambitious, hold the tournaments separately in east and west. ie. 5 tables in east, 5 in west. Top 5 winners in each side qualify to enter one more tournament.

If you hold these 2 side games concurrently, you can do 1 game a week, 5 weeks, then another day in another week for the last table.

---
Next idea, if league means by points, and the best way to count points is by chips right? So lets say PokerKaki sets a number of league games to be played. So all players play an even number of games, with the people at the table drawn by random. Once they complete their requirement they stop until everyone finishes say, 20 games or something, i dont know im new to poker. Tally up the chip count and there you go, rankings for players. The games should be run over a longer period of time, maybe 4 to 6 months, once a year. Then winner probably gets something special from mike... a mug, a cap, a gay hug, i dont know. If he wins, he hugs himself yes.

Again you could even do it East/West, or nationwide.

---

Then, hosts of games could also keep track of winnings/losses for players, or players could update them individually on a site, but this counts on integrity... and poker isnt exactly a game of integrity right?... This might be a bit pointless, or at least i can keep track of who the hell has been winning all my money eh?

Yeah, just throwing up some ideas, see if they work. Im sure you guys can finetune them or even shoot them down and think up better ones, given your experience in this kind of thing. I just play. :lol:

-NINJA EDIT-

Oh yes like felixleong has pointed out, online league sounds pretty convenient. Some sites allow us to set up those kind of private tournaments right? We could hold an online one too! Different feel.
xeroe
New Fish

Postby suitedpairs29 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:49 pm

Guys, we can talk about the league all we want but we lack a very important resource: host.

We can go over all the extremely well thought off plans but the truth of the matter is that nobody has come forward to volunteer his/her place. Once we find one, we can then resume discussions about structures, buyins and point systems

Im not one to rain on peoples parades, but it would be more prudent to look for a location to play before we can talk about other stuff.

Believe me guys, I wanna play just as bad as all of you

Peace!
suitedpairs29
Challenge Poker Player

Postby statix » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:42 pm

How about hosting the league online? That way I think we can get more ppl to join as we do not have the area restriction of the host and the players also do not have to travel to the games.

Of course we can have the point leaders' final tournament (with larger buy-in perhaps, like the Tournament of Champions) at a live venue. We'll have the whole season(or year) to plan for that.
statix
ABC Poker Player

Postby asiangravy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:36 am

Agree it would be convinent for it to be done online
asiangravy
Shark

Medals: 2
Long Jie Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby suitedpairs29 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi Guys,

i have just submitted a request to full tilt for a private tournament with $5 + $0.50 buyin next week. I will update all of you once the details have been ironed out.

As for those without any real money on Full Tilt poker.com, not to worry, we have plenty of kakis with real money accounts. If you would like to play in the tournament, just send the equivalent SGD to a predesignated kaki via any means necessary (CASH, eNETS, DEPOSIT, etc) and they will send the cash to your account.

Bear in mind, you will need to create accounts at Full Tilt before you can join. Its free to register and pretty fast, all you need is a valid email address and you are good to go. If you dont have an email address, feel free to choke yourself to death

Check back at PokerKaki for more details in the near future

Peace!

-suitedpairs-
suitedpairs29
Challenge Poker Player

Postby statix » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:24 pm

suitedpairs29 wrote:Hi Guys,

i have just submitted a request to full tilt for a private tournament with $5 + $0.50 buyin next week. I will update all of you once the details have been ironed out.

As for those without any real money on Full Tilt poker.com, not to worry, we have plenty of kakis with real money accounts. If you would like to play in the tournament, just send the equivalent SGD to a predesignated kaki via any means necessary (CASH, eNETS, DEPOSIT, etc) and they will send the cash to your account.

Bear in mind, you will need to create accounts at Full Tilt before you can join. Its free to register and pretty fast, all you need is a valid email address and you are good to go. If you dont have an email address, feel free to choke yourself to death

Check back at PokerKaki for more details in the near future

Peace!

-suitedpairs-

Cool! All hail suitedpairs!

Looking forward to that.
statix
ABC Poker Player

Postby psycho04 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:00 pm

mmm...who wants to back me?? ;)
psycho04
New Fish

Postby suitedpairs29 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Guys,

all systems are go!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=357

peace!

-suitedpairs-
suitedpairs29
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Heart7Club2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:17 pm

How did the tourney go?
Heart7Club2
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Annette_69 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Too bad i am still a new player, if not i will take part too.
Annette_69
New Fish

Return to Suggestions/Feedback