How to play super tight?

Discuss the basics, psychology, probability, table selection etc.

How to play super tight?

Postby exabet » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Is it profitable to just sit tight until you get AK, KK, AA and go all in under the correct flop. Interestingly I've seen some who just do that all the time, especially with shortstacks.
exabet
Challenge Poker Player

Re: How to play super tight?

Postby ragraise » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:36 am

play only AK AQ and any pocket pairs just for the set value . the rest fold ? :D

theres this Short Stack Strategy invented by a german which has a tight range of hands to play and a small buyin so its either push preflop or on the flop . from what i heard its a winning strategy in micro stakes holdem it just takes time and patience :mrgreen:
ragraise
New Fish

Postby exabet » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:19 am

Yah i tried it with 5 tables of 0.02nl, in the end I end up slightly ahead (like barely break even) but because I lost a few when I hand itchy and saw a few flops; Lost AA to 77 once, shows how wild and loose the 0.02nl tables are.

Rest of the time, no one really calls my allin pf with AA. Maybe if really disciplined it can be done. Still seems easier to just select 1 good table of 0.05nl for me to play.
exabet
Challenge Poker Player

Postby felixleong » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:09 am

U can try buying in for 20xBB and play only the top 5% of your hands
meaning 99-AA and AQ-AK

when ever u enter a fight , play it aggressively
this should make u some $$ in micro stakes ^_^
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby exabet » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:22 am

Heh recently I tried something new. I mainly play a 0.05nl table with a full buyin. Then I put 1 dollar each into another 4-8 tables of 0.02nl. Playing your 5% of hands but limping in all pp except AA KK, hopefully to spike trips. Any ace suited for flushes. Very fun, frequently can double up on the flop, as people at the 0.02nl call $1 allins with any cards. But need to pay more attention to flop with limping in, since it plays very much like microstakes lhe. Then once double up, move to another table, rinse & repeat. Moving because people will start to know what you're doing and also people tend to avoid more than $1 allins. Avoid all suspicious flops since its cheap to pay 0.02 just to see another flop.

Funny enough, 0.05nl still pays more hehe, but allin with $1 is very exciting :)
exabet
Challenge Poker Player

Return to General Poker Strategy