Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Travelling in Asia for poker? Not sure where to play and stay? Ask our cosmopolitan kakis here

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby tcs » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:06 pm

are you sure it's running 100/200 not 10/20?
i dont see 100/200 ...
User avatar
tcs
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby ryojin84 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:05 pm

last night saw 1 hand...this aussie guy folded Aces face up agst a flop check-minraise by a old guy....flop was QQx......old guy flipped over a King

few hands later old guy was caught bluffin on a paired board....

wonde if the aussie guy regrets his fold
ryojin84
New Fish
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby 18000rpm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 pm

tcs wrote:are you sure it's running 100/200 not 10/20?
i dont see 100/200 ...


It is 100/200.

Last Friday there was a 105K pot. Pro 3-bets pre-flop, 3-way all-in on the flop of 663 two diamonds. Pro had J6o, business man had A10dd, another guy didn't show. Turn A river blank. Pro took down 105K.
18000rpm
New Fish
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby Kungfusion » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:25 pm

18000rpm wrote:
tcs wrote:are you sure it's running 100/200 not 10/20?
i dont see 100/200 ...


It is 100/200.

Last Friday there was a 105K pot. Pro 3-bets pre-flop, 3-way all-in on the flop of 663 two diamonds. Pro had J6o, business man had A10dd, another guy didn't show. Turn A river blank. Pro took down 105K.


Other guy had KK.
User avatar
Kungfusion
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:51 pm
Medals: 2
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby dwtbtnm » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:51 am

I was in the RW room for the first time this week. Well run for a room just starting out. As stated before, the dealers were a bit slow but that is also due to the auto-shufflers and having to use the boot. All in all, not bad.

There was one grinder in seat 9 that had sucked out on several hands and had a good sized stack. He was very often moving out of the room to the table games and back again. He was just opening the rope and not going by the desk. I was watching his stack and he had a good number of black chips. This stack of black was slowly getting smaller although he was not playing in any larger pots. No doubt he was sneaking the blacks off the table when he was going over to the table games area. Interesting.
dwtbtnm
New Fish
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby ryojin84 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:00 pm

dwtbtnm wrote:I was in the RW room for the first time this week. Well run for a room just starting out. As stated before, the dealers were a bit slow but that is also due to the auto-shufflers and having to use the boot. All in all, not bad.

There was one grinder in seat 9 that had sucked out on several hands and had a good sized stack. He was very often moving out of the room to the table games and back again. He was just opening the rope and not going by the desk. I was watching his stack and he had a good number of black chips. This stack of black was slowly getting smaller although he was not playing in any larger pots. No doubt he was sneaking the blacks off the table when he was going over to the table games area. Interesting.


dat's quite unethical ?
ryojin84
New Fish
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby khozh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Hmmm. Is it a good idea to play short stacked there or try to match the big stack?
khozh
New Fish
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby ch33z3burg3r » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:05 pm

this is probably one of the areas that the poker room has to improve on is RULES. Players will take advantage of such things you had mentioned and its unethical. but in reality if you don't have any kind of rules to prevent it then .... keep at it i guess :) hehe

short stack and big stack it really depends on your theory of both cases. id prefer to at least buy in with 1k minimum given the stakes. but thats my personal views on it.
ch33z3burg3r
New Fish
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 3:36 am

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby eleester » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:05 am

kingpoker111111 wrote:really there is no limit holdem table in RWS [singapore] ?? it's really good to know it, it is HOAX or TRUE????? pliss help me answer this. thx :)


Ya it's true... RWS has the only legal poker room in Singapore...
User avatar
eleester
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am
Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby make2plays » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Tried to go today while in Singapore for the weekend, but I was not allowed in. The Embassy has my US passport for VISA processing to start working in Indonesia and they would not accept my other identification, even though I called ahead and I was told it would not be a problem. Very frustrated. Anyone hosting a game this weekend looking for a player?
make2plays
New Fish
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby 18000rpm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm

If you have an employment pass or some kind of residency pass, that's what you need to show them instead of the passport.
18000rpm
New Fish
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby make2plays » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:06 pm

I am visiting here - I am based in Indonesia currently and had to come to Singapore for the weekend to get my Indonesia work VISA squared away.
make2plays
New Fish
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby 18000rpm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:26 pm

make2plays wrote:I am visiting here - I am based in Indonesia currently and had to come to Singapore for the weekend to get my Indonesia work VISA squared away.


In that case you must have your passport to enter
18000rpm
New Fish
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: Poker in Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)

Postby newmay » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 pm

LOL!!! UB..stay calm...you have one more to answer....limit or no limit
newmay
ABC Poker Player
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Poker Rooms & Casinos in Asia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

 

Recent Posts

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Site

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner