Yay I am a break even player!

Discuss ring game approaches and strategies here

Yay I am a break even player!

Postby exabet » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Feeling very happy now and just wanted to share with you guys in this virgin forum.

Short story is like this:
I'm a newbie player and through bad bankroll management, impatient playing, lack of discipline, arrogance, bad poker knowledge etc lost 5 deposits in a span of 1 month. It is very very easy to lose money. It was 2 times faster for me to lose it then to win it back.

Through alot of hours of patient playing, 2 months later I've finally recouped it all. Technically still losing because of the rake I paid hahaha. But I think I've learnt a lot in the past 2 months. I can especially see the difference between cash games, sngs, mtts on a macro level. In microstakes, moving between the limits 0.02nl, 0.05nl, 0.25nl, LHE...I experience alot of playing styles, lost a lot of money, but learned really a lot. Its not something the books can teach.

I'm very happy that I've made it all back. Maybe I'd blog about it and talk about some of the things I find interesting about microstakes.

Taking a break for now. Just felt like sharing! Ciaoz!

PS: Thanks to all the wonderful players who helped me out or gave me encouraging words online! Also to Felix for his encouragement. Reading your blog has been very encouraging for me. Thanks to Chris aka DM101 for his encouragement especially at a low period of my bankroll! Thanks to Leslie for his super videos, I think that was another one of my turnaround points when I actually feel the poker knowledge seep into the brain!
exabet
Challenge Poker Player

Re: Yay I am a break even player!

Postby DM101 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:42 pm

Well done and congrats to you Exabet!!! :P

I am sure that the poker kakis here are delighted to see your progression.
We are always glad to help each other out and that's what this forum is all about.
From this forum, you will discover that there are many hidden talented poker players here.
All of us share our poker thoughts and discuss everything about poker in this forum.

Meanwhile take a break then.

Cya at the virtual felt soon.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Heart7Club2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Yea man keep it up!
Heart7Club2
New Fish

Postby Annette_69 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:21 pm

I am a winning player at micro stakes.
Going to upgrade myself to medium stakes soon.
Maybe by the end of this quarter.
Annette_69
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby melaos » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:21 am

wow,
congrats you made break even after two months, mad props to you!!
how long do you play on a daily basis?
melaos
New Fish

Postby dilkkz » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 am

grats!

maybe start to run up a BR with a micro one soon? :D
dilkkz
New Fish

Postby open&close » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:00 am

congrats bro
open&close
New Fish

Postby ylared » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:05 am

I think that most people are only playing not to lose, which kind of defeats your purpose to begin with. Though a challenge, you really should concentrate and visualize a win. Winning might not come by that easy for you but when you have the proper mindset to get it done, nothing would be impossible to let it push through.

I used to be a break even player myself until I broke the chain and started thinking to win games.
ylared
New Fish

Postby zippyzip » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:24 am

Yea, thorough analysis of your game can really be helpful in becoming a winning player. Thinking differently about spots will open your mind and get comfortable in really thinking about a situation. Also, discussing hands like you have on forums will definitely help you out.
zippyzip
New Fish

Return to Cash Games