food for thought

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

food for thought

Postby Enegue13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm

I really hate poker sometimes..haha..

I usually follow the "rules" when playing online..and generally I think Im decent..I went from a bankroll of $10 to $1000 in 1 month when i started out about a year ago....but recently there has been an incredicle swayness about full tilt and my game that has got me boggled..

Recently i lost about 20 BI IN A ROW on full tilt and got REALLY tilted..my top set will get beaten by some donkey's 8 5 full house, my pocket Aces cracked by runner runner straight..straights beaten by runner flushes..calling someones bluff and seeing them hit runners to win...etc...IN A ROW.. so i decided to stop and vent my rage on the 30 ft points daily dollar qualifiers..

I went all in with ANY hand i saw..i didnt care what it was...9 5...8.6..J 2...whatever...
Doing this for EVERY hand..i WON 16 out of 20 games that I played in..9 handed..
My most memorable hand was 7 2 off suit..beating pocket KKs and AAs and a straight when I hit full house

I even finished in the top 5 of the round 1 WSOP main event freeroll of 450 players..how did i get beat??..when I played my AK and it lost to a A 4...

Oh and at the last genting tournament,..I bubbled at 35th place when the lady on my right (who had to ask about the rules of poker and how to play during the tournament)..beat me with a flush she didnt know she had...

Its just...sigh..

Thats poker folks?????
Enegue13
New Fish

Re: food for thought

Postby cianopher » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:11 pm

one tip: called it a day when u already past 3BI, why need to go for 20BI..geez.
cianopher
Shark

Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Postby Enegue13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm

hindsight is 20/20..

anyway I only play less then 2% of my bankroll per BI so i could handle it..and it wasnt as if i was playing badly or anything and i didnt start to get tilted till about the 10th game..
granted I could have stopped earlier but when ur hands get beaten by runners after every game it kinda makes it harder..
and it was all IN A ROW..
Enegue13
New Fish

Postby chenghao » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Recently i lost about 20 BI IN A ROW on full tilt and got REALLY tilted..my top set will get beaten by some donkey's 8 5 full house, my pocket Aces cracked by runner runner straight..straights beaten by runner flushes..calling someones bluff and seeing them hit runners to win...etc...IN A ROW.. so i decided to stop and vent my rage on the 30 ft points daily dollar qualifiers..

How do you lose 20 BI in a row ? Have some sort of meta game control.

My preference is 2 - 3 Buys you lose , you should stop already and review what went wrong. ( i met a korean in macau who went on tilt after being turned by a straight flush , she quickly took out one buy in , but took a deep breath and went off for like 1 hours probably to cool her head and i saw her back in the same table an hour later)

If you win , just keep playing untill you can't exploit them.

Top set on what texture board ? how did the betting go ? what line did villian took ? what was villian's image ? what was villain's impression of you ?

Can u let go of a Big Pocket pair if u think you are beat ?

Why do you call someone when u know his bluffing ? what are you trying to achieve ? what are the alternative lines you can take ?

genting by nature is short stack tourney lar , so dun worry too much about that
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to General Poker Chat