Poker tracker or Calculater or both?

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Poker tracker or Calculater or both?

Postby Tosser » Tue May 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here use Poker tracker for NLHE? I normally play short ring game, i.e. 6 people, does it work well for this?

Also i have been looking at getting a program like Poker office 5 and i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this product or something similar and more importantly have it helped your game?

Looking forward to replies.
Tosser
New Fish

Re: Poker tracker or Calculater or both?

Postby acehigh » Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm

the office sounds good. i presume its more of a probility calculator?
acehigh
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Tosser » Tue May 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Seems it calculates your pot odds, what it is expects your opponent to have how much you should bet to try to give him bad pot odds etc etc, seems it makes it a bit too easy to play which is why i wanted to hear if anyone had any experience with it
Tosser
New Fish

Postby chenghao » Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Use Poker tracker 3 , Hold Em Manager and Poker stove ,

learn to use all of them , good stuff

PT3 works well for 6max NLHE , helps u make easy decisions like when you reraise already , then this guy after you preflop zham all in with stats 5/0/infinite , you should fold everything except AA , sometimes AK KK

PT3/HEM helps when you play multi table (like from 4 tables onwards ) and you can roughly know their image.

Pokerstove helps you if u know how to range them , then you can find out your equity in 0.02 seconds

No matter what software u use , its just to gain rough information about your opponent's tendencies . There are other ways to track like taking notes about their tendencies @ every street , the rough lines they will take for which sorta hands , their betting pattern etc , while not automated , can be more effective if u play little tables ( depending on notes for 1 - 6 tables is ok)

PT3 , HEM , PO5 , all roughly the same type of software , they track what local database you got . HEM got additional products like table ninja or leakbuster , both useful. one of them is enough.
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby guanie » Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 pm

not sure if the current poker office actually offers real time odds calculation on the HUD, it used to a long long time ago. but just a pt to note, any software that does these real time (auto) odds calculation is deemed a violation of most major sites TOS. Pokerstove and similar tools which require manual input to generate results are fine, but hardly viable during actual gameplay, esp when multi-tabling.

PT3 and HEM are widely accepted and support most networks. HEM has a slight edge in terms of functionality, with EV calculation/adjustment written into the engine and more filter options for post session analysis.
guanie
New Fish

Postby acehigh » Wed May 12, 2010 12:32 pm

wow this will certainly improve the quality of the game
acehigh
Challenge Poker Player

Postby guanie » Wed May 12, 2010 10:48 pm

not so much of improving the quality of ur game, just sorta leveling the playing field abit since most regs even at 25nl run some kind of tracking software, so at least u get access to the same information.

how much u are actually able to get out it depends heavily on what stats u used and how well u interpret them. i would suggest reading up more on the topic itself b4 actually buying the software.
guanie
New Fish

Postby Mydral » Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 pm

I always use HEM... its pretty good, especially once you start playing NL25++
Mydral
New Fish

Postby HoldeminPoker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:44 am

Both poker tracker and calculator is useful and i think that poker calculator is sound high compare to tracker.
HoldeminPoker
New Fish

Return to General Poker Chat