Is SNG MTT knockout a recommended place to grind?

Discuss the intricacies of the most popular format of them all

Is SNG MTT knockout a recommended place to grind?

Postby imbaikun » Sun May 30, 2010 2:57 am

been searching for a place for me to start grinding n building my bankroll. so any kakis recommend the $1.40 knockout table as a place for me to start building my bankroll?
imbaikun
New Fish

Re: Is SNG MTT knockout a recommended place to grind?

Postby chenghao » Sun May 30, 2010 4:49 am

I recommend you to have at least 50 buy ins , thats 1.40 x 50 = 70

http://www.pokerlistings.com/multitable ... ction-6717

Bankroll for MTTs

You'll learn that my articles preach the importance of bankroll because it's the deciding factor in whether you're a winning or losing player. There's only so much skill one possesses in the game of poker. The key is to limit your losses by playing within your limits. Remember that.

I advise having a pretty big bankroll for multi-table tournaments since you'll lose most of them. Remember, all it takes is one big payday to replenish your bankroll. I play a lot of tournaments with 500 to 1,000 people, and I would say I make it to the final table once in every 10-20 tries. I will share with you my main secrets to winning MTTs shortly, but first I want you to realize how important your bankroll is.

Unless you're rich, you always need to play within your limits. This is because there's quite a bit of luck involved in poker. If I had to guess, I would say that poker is 60% skill, 40% luck. That means on any given day, you could lose your bankroll when playing over your limit. The most important aspect of poker will always be bankroll management. Boring as it may seem, way too many good players lose their bankrolls every day because they step outside of their limits. Bankroll management is serious business.
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: Is SNG MTT knockout a recommended place to grind?

Postby D4rkFusion » Mon May 31, 2010 10:39 pm

chenghao wrote:I recommend you to have at least 50 buy ins , thats 1.40 x 50 = 70

http://www.pokerlistings.com/multitable ... ction-6717

Bankroll for MTTs

You'll learn that my articles preach the importance of bankroll because it's the deciding factor in whether you're a winning or losing player. There's only so much skill one possesses in the game of poker. The key is to limit your losses by playing within your limits. Remember that.

I advise having a pretty big bankroll for multi-table tournaments since you'll lose most of them. Remember, all it takes is one big payday to replenish your bankroll. I play a lot of tournaments with 500 to 1,000 people, and I would say I make it to the final table once in every 10-20 tries. I will share with you my main secrets to winning MTTs shortly, but first I want you to realize how important your bankroll is.

Unless you're rich, you always need to play within your limits. This is because there's quite a bit of luck involved in poker. If I had to guess, I would say that poker is 60% skill, 40% luck. That means on any given day, you could lose your bankroll when playing over your limit. The most important aspect of poker will always be bankroll management. Boring as it may seem, way too many good players lose their bankrolls every day because they step outside of their limits. Bankroll management is serious business.

cant agree more with this. well said bro. i suggest playing 0.01/0.02 shallow table if you're playing on ftp. dont know if ps or other sites have this. just camp for aces or kings etc. move up the stakes depending on your bankroll. another general rule would by not to have more than 5% of your total bankroll in play. good luck at the tables:)
D4rkFusion
New Fish

Return to Multi Table Tournaments ( MTTs)