Please share your strategy how to win online poker

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Please share your strategy how to win online poker

Postby pokerace » Mon May 31, 2010 9:04 am

Since most of us are pokerkaki members,why not share your view how to win online.
So next time,when people from oversea also know SINGAPORE have good poker players!
pokerace
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Please share your strategy how to win online poker

Postby AceKing » Mon May 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Regarding online poker, I have a question.

As most of those who play at PokerStars know, there's an option to play with "Play Money" instead of "Real Money". Play Money is simply fake money and you play it for fun. My question is, does success in playing online with Play Money reflect how one would do when playing with Real Money? Or is it a completely different story?

Thanks in advance.
AceKing
ABC Poker Player

Postby chenghao » Mon May 31, 2010 4:23 pm

AceKing wrote:Regarding online poker, I have a question.

As most of those who play at PokerStars know, there's an option to play with "Play Money" instead of "Real Money". Play Money is simply fake money and you play it for fun. My question is, does success in playing online with Play Money reflect how one would do when playing with Real Money? Or is it a completely different story?

Thanks in advance.

if you lose 1000 play money or 1000 usd , which one is more painful ?
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby pokerace » Mon May 31, 2010 5:11 pm

AceKing,by playing play money online is different from real money because playmoney is not your money.
If you start playing,remember to have a rakeback every week by using kakipoker referer code for fulltilt poker.
I started playing online somewhere this year.Initially lose a lot but now only make a bit.
By reading,discussing and play real money does help me a lot.
Only people in real battle and war can polish up the skill.You can read some theory from local Chenghao or Uncle Bob.They are very active in our poker society.
By open this topic,we hope we have to be united rather than selfish thinking why should let other people we dont know to learn and make money???As Uncle Bob hope there should be a pokerhouse in Singapore because even RWS poker room havent started yet,Marina Sand no poker room.Our poker community is growing as the pokerkaki reach 2800 members but there are more outside.
Among us we can share,learn and train to be more profeesional poker players.Lets look forward to be together!!!
pokerace
Challenge Poker Player

Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby acbde » Mon May 31, 2010 6:23 pm

pokerace where u play under what nick?
acbde
New Fish

Postby support » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Actually playing poker online improves your game so much faster then real life poker due to the amount of hands you go through per round. I use this method to memorise poker patterns and test out techniques.
Pokerstars or fulltilt are defacto standard for starting due to the lower stakes and higher player base.

However nothing replaces actual table (live) games when players reveal alot about their hand through the body language (or lack of it).
support
Site Admin

Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby Ah gu kris » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:29 pm

truly agree..

A poker house like in HongKong with weekly tournaments and gatherings with meet the sharks sessions
Maybe pokerstars can endorse a pokerhouse eh? hehe

playing online can definitely train your patience and heart and understand the value of money too starting with low stakes and slowly building up your bankroll (even though im also guilty of playing in stakes my bankroll cant afford which is an absolute nono!) and would also help in your live games.

More strategy would be great for us to learn
Ah gu kris
New Fish

Postby AsiaPokerAcademy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Playing online teaches you a lot about variance!

It is tough to understand how 10,000+ hands of poker can play out live, as it takes a very long time investment to see that many hands play out. Whereas online you can see that many hands in just a few weeks (or less if you grind a lot)

I think that grants an important perspective of what "running good" and "running bad" can mean in a live environment
AsiaPokerAcademy
Challenge Poker Player

Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby chenghao » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Read more / play more to improve your game !
be disciplined in what you want to do in what situation
before that , you need to know what to do in what situation!
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Any2iraise » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Ok, Firstly I am assuming your talking about Holdem and not Omaha.
The Swings in Omaha are way greater then Holdem as you pot, pot, re-pot/Outs/Draws etc. I used to play Omaha and i could Turn 10euros into 100euros in 30mins. But then again you can lose it all very fast.

I Play Holdem, 5/10 and 20/40 cents Euros . I grind about 4 Tables around 1hr-2max on avg maybe 20days a month
I manage to rake in about 1000-1500SGD a month usually.
The very thing you need to have playing online is Patience and Never Tilt.
I set a few rules for myself and stick to them and i always end up making money online. Grinding at tables is easy money I find but since i am still in Army serving NSF. I enjoy the extra income :D
Any2iraise
New Fish

Postby Sapiens86 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm

i spend 2mths learning to grind online poker from the Asian Poker School with Bryan and the korean coaches in Macau. i would say its a very good learning experience for me and i learn alot about poker and grinding online etc.

this is my winnings graph for this year since i started at the school http://www.pokertableratings.com/graphs ... -stars.png

anyone who is interested to improve on their poker skills especially online poker should give it a try.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2538 -<----- APS thread
Sapiens86
New Fish

Postby nicholaschan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:23 pm

hi,i jus finish a total 53days poker training at Asian Poker Camp in macau.First of all i need to tahnks to Bryan huang diwei from Team Asian Pro.teach me a lot in this 2 months.before i go to Asian Poker Camp i m a losing players on online poker,but after teach by bryan i from a superduper fish,a losing player become a breakeven players then turn to a winning players now.

i start from 1c/2c with 4 table and i add table everyday.in 1 week times i can play 24 table at the same times.from 1c/2c move up to 5c/10c,10c/25c then 25c/50c.i grind online at least 6-9hours per days.others than cash game,i learn tournament also.and i get 3rd on the APPT 25th.
nicholaschan
New Fish

Postby Lo0o0o0n » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:09 am

Hey all...

online poker is definitely a whole new game by itself... man reasons why alot of pple find that they are better live or online players....cause...most of the same strategies and skill-sets do not apply...

becoming a competent online player, i think, is easier than becoming a competent winning live player. online play makes coaching, learning and practicing so much easier, faster and more efficient....something live poker will never be able to offer.

yes and im one of those taken under the wing of Bryan Huang at APS too, jus like those of the previous posts. Those winnings graph u guys see are real man....but i guess it takes real discipline and determination to make it online... online play issint for everybody...some pple say its boring or repetitive...but hey to me it issint...juz a whole new game of poker to play

if u ask me...i think coaching is the fastest way to improve ur online game...us being poker players...we all want to believe we are doing the right thing...and that will blind us...this is the main reason why losing players continue to be losing players...cause they stubbornly wanna believe they are doing the right thing...aand thus sticking to a losing strategy. we have to be open to change and views from other pple (especially winning players)...that is what i think coaching or being at a poker school is about...gaining perspectives....coz if u juz stay home and grind alone everyday...u will onli have ur own perspectives and let's face it...to u...ure always right...haaa

-Alex Loon-
Lo0o0o0n
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby mrjorisa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:42 am

beating the online games are definitely much much much tougher than being a live winner. the field online is just so much tougher (ssnl onwards) and im pretty sure if you take any solid winning online player and put them in a live game, they will crush it barring variance, whereas if you take any winning live player and put them online, most of them will even struggle to breakeven at micros as im sure many people in this forum are experiencing. i feel people who play predominantly online cash for a living do not get enough credit whereas everyone here worships all the live players. just saying i know of sg online players who make even more $$ than some of the top live or tournament pros in sg who go unnoticed.
mrjorisa
New Fish

Next

Return to General Poker Chat