Consistancy in online poker

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Consistancy in online poker

Postby bigslick » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Greetings guys and happy CNY. I am new to this forum although i have been playing poker online for about a month now. Will like to find out from all the members out here about the cosistancy with their returns in online poker. For those who play everyday, do you guys end the day with a profit or are there days where you make losses? And in the long run, I hear stories about poker sites being rigged etc. Is there any truths in that. Just now i lost about 80% of my previous days profits due to 3 to 4 bad beats where my high pair , QQ lost to KK and KK lost to AA. and JJ lost to QQ. I am starting to find that its like the site lets you win one day and makes u lose it back the next. Any experienced friends who can comment on this matter.

Regards
bigslick
New Fish

Re: Consistancy in online poker

Postby vaevictis » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:49 am

Welcome to online poker.

Good players win in the long run. While in the short term, its possible to lose alot as well. Nonetheless its possible to make a decent clip from online poker.
Major sites like FT and Stars are clean, while there have been issues with UB and absolute recently, i dont think online poker is rigged.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Postby bigslick » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:29 am

I play on pacific poker which is owned by the 888 group. Anyone heard anything about them?
bigslick
New Fish

Postby felixleong » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:41 am

The 3 bigs, Pokerstars, Fulltilt and Party are all clean for sure.
They will never risk their reputation and making of billions each year by rigging the game to collect 1-2% more rake
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Lo0o0o0n » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:21 am

I really dont believe the 3 big pokersites are rigged...(if i did i wont be playing there)

If u somehow really cannot convince urself that the site is not rigged then maybe online poker izzint for u....there are many external and internal factors which cause bad beats....so u gotta look at them all...

and also if u are looking at monitoring ur gameplay....i think looking at ur bankroll movement more on a weekly and monthly basis is better....Because poker is such a high variance game in itself, monitoring on a daily basis, I feel, is too small a population of games and hands to have any accurate conclusion of ur rate of return.

Alex Loon
Lo0o0o0n
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby vaevictis » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:57 am

Software like pokerev prove that results even out over time. If it is rigged, there will be a abnormality shown in statistics software.

over 40k + hands...im running just $5 dollars above all calculated expectation/equity. This means, all my bad beats as well as all my suck outs even out at such a small sample size. and I am running "good" for just $5 dollars.
vaevictis
Challenge Poker Player

Return to General Poker Chat