Need help to improve the game and stats display

Discuss the basics, psychology, probability, table selection etc.

Need help to improve the game and stats display

Postby keldraco » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi everyone, I started playing online cash game for about a month now and was doing badly. I can usually win alittle at the 1st 2 hours or so but loss all after that. I'm sure that i'm not skillful in many area of the game too. I review my games, try reading out poker books but doesn't seem to have much improvement. I would like to provide the statistics of my 3500+ hands and If possible, please point out my problems and give some suggestions. I also need some help on which player stats should be configure other then VPIP, AFq, PFR etc. Thank you.

VPIP----PFR----W$WSF----WTSD----W$SD----AF----AFq----3Bet----Fold3B----Att to Steal----Cbet F----Fold F CB
22.42--10.71---39.89------28.38----52.36---2.55---47.89--4.58----64.23--------29.42--------70.95------43.41

I'm really not sure if these statistics can show anything but I have to try...cash game at 0.01/0.02 level.

SnG(1 table)---31 tournament---Total buy in $37.20---Amount won $27.00---Net won -$10.20---Avg finish 5.19

Could anyone provide some useful SnG stra? Thanks
keldraco
ABC Poker Player

Re: Need help to improve the game and stats display

Postby guanie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:04 pm

sample size is kinda small, so u may just be running bad.

on the surface u are abit too passive preflop, u should be raising at least 75% of the hands u play. vpip is alittle high even for a 6max game, seeing flops with that wide a range and not having the initiative in the hand means u cant take down pots very often, and thus, ur low w$wsf.

depending on the stakes u are playing, u might be peeling abit too often on the flop, and stealing too little in position.

what stakes are u at? 6max? FR?

for hud, there isnt a fix set of stats u should use, its highly dependent on the individual and the requirements for the stakes u are playing at.

personally i use:
VPIP/Limp fold. PFR/Fold to 3bet. 3bet/3bet vs steal. ATS/Fold steal to 3bet.
Fold cbet/Fold turn cbet. Cbet/Cbet & fold to raise. Donkbet/Donkbet and fold to raise. WTSD/W$SD.

with rollover popups for pf positional stats and post-flop street action stats. additional popup for tourny hud with M-based stats.

dont know much abt sngs, im a cash game player, but i m sure u can google quite a few gd articles for sng strats.
guanie
New Fish

Postby axel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:09 pm

From your stats, some stuffs I observe:

1. Your VPIP:PFR ratio is too high. That means you limp/call preflop too much instead of open raising preflop to gain the initiative. Typically a good ratio is somewhere around 1.2 and below.
2. Att to Steal is too low. In late position you should widen your preflop opening range instead of just limping with non-premiums.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Postby chenghao » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:38 pm

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/8/tournament-poker/

Depends on the tourney strategy , either u go for STT(single table) or MTT (multi Table)

Admiral did a good write up for SNGs, STTS ,

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/36/st ... gs-745340/

*Software – I have pokerstove (free), SNG Wiz (about $80) and Hold’em manager ($90). I don’t run any AHK scripts.

Mess around with the HUD on Hold’em Manager (or pokertacker) to get the stats you want – you’ll need the basics like name, hands, VPIP, PFR and AF but you can add some like steal % or fold BB to steal at your own taste. I tend not to filter hands as it’s better for the non-regs which are the important ones to get info on*

Plenty of SNGS strategies out there , early stage u looking for hands that can double/triple up , like set vs top pair (limp with JJ- in late position etc), nut flush ( limp with AX suited in LP) vs flush , straight (also another late position connectors limping) vs overpairs. Early position just play AK , JJ+ , Mid position add AQo , KQs , late position limp wider in attempt to see cheap flop and double up ( if you know blinds are passive)

middle stages (50/100 , 100/200) u raise or fold , Limping is not as effective.
raise or fold , look for spots to steal and steal often to survive , look out for others doing the same and resteal from them.

Later stages - bubble , shove or fold.

heads up , SAGE

Can read up dan harrington's 3 books on tourney for basics on tourney.
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby keldraco » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Do you guys play any hand if the odd is 1 to 5 or more? many time i don't feel like playng the hand but with that kind of odd it most a sure play.
keldraco
ABC Poker Player

Return to General Poker Strategy