Free $5 on Pokerstars and Uncleared Funds wats it all mean

Ask poker-related questions and let the community extend a helping hand
Important Information
Ask a question and the community will answer.

Free $5 on Pokerstars and Uncleared Funds wats it all mean

Postby raisefold » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:58 pm

hi all it may sound noob but i'm hoping some of you may be able to answer my query.

I created a pokerstar account about 2 mths back and only played with play money.

Today while trying to rebuy after i busted out with playmoney i realised i have $5.00 in Real money. I tried playing with the $5.00 and i've grown it up to $6.00.

When i clicked on the withdraw button it says Uncleared deposits.

What does it all mean. If i do by the chance of lighting somehow play and grow this to $100 can i sell it away to other players by means of a transfer?
raisefold
New Fish

Re: Free $5 on Pokerstars and Uncleared Funds wats it all me

Postby chenghao » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Googled for it :

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/echecks/

As it can take up to 10 days for the funds to be received from your bank, your deposit is in an 'uncleared' status at PokerStars for 10 days after you make an Instant eCheck deposit. While a deposit is uncleared, you may not cash out or request cash transfers unless you have a balance that is greater than the total of your uncleared Instant eCheck deposits. Any portion of your balance that is more than the total of your uncleared deposits may be used normally including cashouts and transfers.

If you have echecked it , probably u will be able to cashout/transfer the $5 after 10 days.
How did you receive the $5 in the first place ? how come i dun have one :roll: :roll:
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby raisefold » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 pm

thanks Chenghao, you've always been a great help to others. ok what happens is when i viewed my transaction history i realised theres a transaction on the 9th of May tat says PROMOFUNDS PURCHASED.

I have not made any deposits on my own. I am currently happily playing in the 1c/2c room and have made a little profit of $1.30 USD...so i have $6.30 now.

Should it come to the time whereby i have say a $50 or $100...how do i actually sell my funds away? since i didnt deposit in the first place. advice?
raisefold
New Fish

Postby chenghao » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:01 pm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 519AALQcJw

Resolved Question
Show me another »
How did I get real money in Pokerstars if I never made a deposit?
I've been playing Pokerstars for about 2 weeks. I didn't deposit any real money into the account. I looked yesterday and I had $4. How did thus happen? I created a new account to see if it automatically gave it to you when you signed up but that account was dry. How come I had $4 in that account?

Additional Details
It says under transaction history that PROMOFUNDS PURCHASE deposited $5 into my account on March 18th.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
That happened to me also. It is promo by pokerstars to get you to try the real money games. That way if you get hooked you will deposit money.

* 3 months ago

What i did was to sell to locals
For Example you want to sell to this guy
He transfer SGD 140 to your local bank account
You send USD 100 to his pokerstar's ID

Under cashier : Transfer : you can send USD (min 10) to any PS account , then you see a confirmation screen with the person's info (XXX singapore) then yes/no option pops up . then after transfer you will recieve an email of confirmation for real life $$ transfer.

an advice : do micro transfers if you are stranger to that guy , like for an amount of USD 100 , transfer usd 10 first , recieve sgd 14 liao then transfer usd 20 , 20 , 20 , 20 , 10.

this is just in case someone runs on your $$ , (happens all the time if u don't know him / her in real life - happened to me from one of the forumer)
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby raisefold » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 pm

if i ever do sell...i'll prefer to meet up take my lappy and do in front of the guy. haha thanks chenghao once again!
raisefold
New Fish

Return to Community Service