Micro limits on Pokerstars

Discuss ring game approaches and strategies here

Micro limits on Pokerstars

Postby buddyboy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Is it just me, or are players on micro limit playing nonsense poker. Is it more different with higher stakes, because micro limit players seem to chase their flush and straight down all the way, or call with bottom pair and hit trips or two pair along the way. Or they call raises with really trashy hands and hit a disguised two pair on the flop. Should i be lookin at higher stakes games to reduce these kind of donkey players who are unfortunately making money off me?

Do you also feel like when you have just made your deposit you tend to run really well then after a while everything changes and you run bad?
buddyboy
ABC Poker Player

Re: Micro limits on Pokerstars

Postby chenghao » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Different stakes got different types of exploits hence different type of adjustments, lower limits calls too much , higher limits light-3bet too much , too aggro.

calling down and trying to make a best hand , this sort of players are easier to beat against players who light 3bet/4bet you , Who would fight with you for every single pot .
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: Micro limits on Pokerstars

Postby keldraco » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:43 pm

it happen to me all the time. one thing i notice is those weaker players would play their worst hand the same way as strong player would play their best hand. the only solution for me now is to make notes on every player at every showdown...
keldraco
ABC Poker Player

Return to Cash Games