Poker frustration

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Poker frustration

Postby bulkbiz » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:38 pm

How do you all deal with poker frustration? I am just on tilt just now, feel piss off with the maniac player, and they always lucky. Whatever you raise, they will call, 5BB raised? No problem, call......6BB? call.....call my all in KK with A2, river A hit them....

$5 SnG table is always like that? DAMN
bulkbiz
New Fish

Re: Poker frustration

Postby Vinally » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Learn to let go.

Stop for a day and come back. Review your game.

You will improve faster. :)
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Postby keldraco » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:20 pm

may i know your Sng statistics like how many match played, ROI, avg finish. just for my own ref.

Is there any article on SnG ROI that i can refer to?
keldraco
ABC Poker Player

Postby buddyboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Hey TS i totally understand where are you coming from.
Online players are ultimate donks and they seem to be making money off me. They chase their flush, straight draws all the way and most of the time they hit. It is so frustrating I agree.

I honestly don't know how pro's make money off online poker when the variance is just crazy. I don't even think its possible to get so many coolers in real life.
buddyboy
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby axel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:46 pm

buddyboy wrote:Hey TS i totally understand where are you coming from.
Online players are ultimate donks and they seem to be making money off me. They chase their flush, straight draws all the way and most of the time they hit. It is so frustrating I agree.

I honestly don't know how pro's make money off online poker when the variance is just crazy. I don't even think its possible to get so many coolers in real life.

If other players are making money off you, maybe you should reevaluate your own game a bit? Who knows, maybe YOU are the fish?

If you know they are chasing their flush draws, just don't pay them off when they hit. A flopped bare flush draw will only hit around 35% of the time, so if you are valuebetting correctly, you will profit in the long run. With that said, playing online requires a proper bankroll since you will lose a few buyins here and there when the shortstack fishes decide to chase their draws and hit.

As for variance, I believe live games definitely have higher variance due to deeper buyins, deeper stacks and generally looser players with significantly fewer hands played compared to online. Due to selective memory, people will tend to remember how others dish out badbeats and coolers against them compared to the other way round. On the other hand, playing online allows you to play more hands due to the fact that you can multitable, which reduces variance in the long run.

For proof that there are huge winning players at the micro stakes online, go to PokerTableRatings and search for 'goldencard17' and 'BlackRain79'. For mid stakes, search 'nanonoko'.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Postby buddyboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Dear axel,

I definitely admit that I am not a good player, I am probably average despite having played for many years. But I have so many instances where I make the nuts on the turn and I get shoved by flush draw, set or two pair so I HAVE to call and yet they always suck out on the river.

I started with $38 in my acct, I ran it up to 158 on pokerstars, within 2 days my roll dropped to 30 USD and I have not changed my style of play much.

Am i really the fish when I am able to bet such that the REAL fish don't have odds to draw out on me and yet when they do I fold my hand, except in cases when I cannot believe they have made their hand (these being runner runner), I will tend to call them.

The worse thing is that, most of the time, I play my hands fast, like I might flop trips and I start betting out, the villian will not put me on trips and he will raise me all in with his pocket pair or some lame hand and he will runner runner my poor ass.

I don't even play that many hands to start with and my bad beat list is pretty staggering in my standards. Maybe those who play more than me might think that wadever I have just said is just another day in pokerland. So some comments please.
buddyboy
ABC Poker Player

Postby xcaliblur » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:12 am

To Buddyboy,
Bad beats are all part of poker~ if you follow the pros online where they play high stakes they can be up a few million this month and then lose a few million the next....

What i think is important here in your case is bankroll management~ you always need to have some extra behind for the times when you have downswings of luck in poker. Think of it as a buffer. For those times that they runner runner you, think of the other times when your good hands hold up. Playing correctly in the long run when you put in all your money when you are the favourite will always net you money in the end.

Everyone will suffer a bad beat sooner or later... For example I had KK once and i made a 4BB raise preflop, and had a caller. Flop came K92 rainbow. The villain put me all in and i called~ i lost. He had K4 suited, one of his suit was on the flop and he turned and rivered the other 2 suits he needed to hit his flush. If you ever see KK vs K4 on a flop of K92 youd know how much % i was favourite...
xcaliblur
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Fangwui » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:37 am

To be on the safe side for SNGs, do have at least 50 buy-ins at the level which you intend to play.
Fangwui
New Fish

Postby xiang90 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:24 am

I know what you mean. I just started online seriously, and I've gone through the worst beats of my life in 2 days. Seriously. Aces, Kings, AKs, all cracked. AK vs 66s, turn top 2, that fag backdoor flush me. Horrible horrible.
xiang90
New Fish

Postby similan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:41 pm

walao badbeat then bad beat lor.. must complain one meh.. got use meh..
similan
New Fish

Postby bulkbiz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Managed to climb back to my original bankroll. But I am just very bad in heads up, I finished 2nd and 3rd 5 times in a roll....darn it
bulkbiz
New Fish

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats