Singaporeans domination of Macau Poker Cup

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

Singaporeans domination of Macau Poker Cup

Postby MJFX » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:28 am

Live reporting from Macau:

Day 2 ended with 37 players still with a shot at the Macau Poker Cup (MPC) Red Dragon main event and 2 singaporeans Bryan Huang and Ricky Foo among the chip leaders.

Bryan Huang finished day 2 as chip leader

A total of 296 players registered for the main event, pushing the prize money to HK $2.9m. The winner will receive Hk $620,000, with the top 31 ITM. Leading the way are Bryan Huang (Team pokerstars pro/ 1st Macau Emperor Series Winner) and Ricky Foo (current Emperor series leader) as they are both chip leaders throughout day 2. if Bryan win this main event, he will surge to the top of the Asia player of the year leaderboard but he will have to get past his fellow countryman Ricky, whom only last week came in 3rd in the "Summer Challenge event" at the i love pokerkaki.

Another singaporean, Vinson See who recently came in 2nd in the MPC June special event is on short stack.

Lets wish them the best of luck for day 3.

Here are the top 6 stacks at end of day 2:

Bryan Huang 186,500 0
Tomoki Yasuda 182,000
I-tsau Wang 152,500
Hanbing Wang 146,500
Anthony James Taylor 132,000
Ricky Foo 121,500
Last edited by MJFX on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Re: Singaporeans domination of Macau Poker Cup

Postby DM101 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:04 am

Thank you for the update MJFX.

Good luck kakis!!
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Afternoon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:20 pm

For Kakis that want some update of the Red Dragon in Macau.

Our beloved Kaki, Vinson See aka Slkia was outed at 17th placed, cashing HKD$33,700.

Final Table is now in play, 8 players left with our 2 top players, Bryan Huang, Pokerstar Asia Pro leading with 1,600,000 chips and Ricky Foo, chasing the pack at bottom with 100,000 chips.

Here are the latest chips count at posting time, dinner break. May Kaki Ricky bounce back after the break.

1 Bryan Huang 1,600,000
2 Cheng Feng Li 440,000
3 Kenichi Takarabe 430,000
4 Victor Chen 270,000
5 Che Wei Chao 250,000
6 Kenji Kurashina 240,000
7 Eric Stanley 200,000
8 Ricky Foo 100,000

Go, Go, Singapore !
Last edited by Afternoon on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby Afternoon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Ricky Foo good run was halted at 8th placing, payouts of HKD$80,900.
Kenji Kurashina of Japan busted out in 7th place.

Well done, Major Ricky Foo and go go go ... Bryan Huang, shipped it back !
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Afternoon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Kenechi Takarabe had been wearing down Bryan's stack and finally delivered the final blow.

On a flop of [8s] [9d] [Ts] , the two got into a raising war and Kenichi finally declared that he was all-in. Bryan thought about it and decided to make the call for his tournament life.

Kenichi: [Ah] [9h]
Bryan: [Jc] [3s]

Kenichi had hit mid pair with top kicker on the flop but Bryan could still pull it off if a jack, seven, or queen came on board.

Unfortunately for him, it did not happen as the [8s] landed on the turn and the [5h] came on the river, pushing all the chips Kenichi's way.

Bryan is eliminated in second place but still gets consolation as he wins a cash prize of HK $424,600. - [Pokernews.com]

Afternoon
Great White Shark

Postby Brasstal » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am

so sad... thanks for the support

im really happy with my game anyways =) =)
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby MJFX » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 am

Congrats Bryan for your 2nd placing.
i think you were really card dead during the heads-up and Kenichi was having all the luck in the world..

very good heads-up match nevertheless and valuable lesson for newbles like me.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby Brasstal » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:55 am

hi minsoon i hope ur bad run goes away man and really thanks for the support, pity did not have the chance to treat u to a meal, put on credit please. =)
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby WSOPTH » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:55 am

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! job well done
WSOPTH
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby DM101 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Congrats Bryan!
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby MJFX » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Some of my own stories to share.

i played until the last level (level 9) of day 1a with 10mins to day 2.
From level 1 to level 9, i have not have pockets bigger than pocket 5 and my 55 did not even get to see the flop. No ace-king, ace-queen either throughout the day. one time AJ,AT,A9.... thats all

Was card dead but amazingly was average stack/ slightly above throughout the day until end of level 8 when i went to a raising war SB vs BB where i folded to a huge overbet 4 bet. SB showed me 8-deuce and i went on tilt throughout the last level.

At last level i was down to just 10-11BBs, easily could have folded to day 2 but thats not what i want. i decided to shove steal in position with decent hands vs 2 super tight short stack players who hardly even played. first time my KQ run into SB's queens, next hand my Ace-9 run into the next SB's kings. game over.

played the 5k event 6. was early chip leader.
down to about 30% of the field, i was rivered 4 times in a row to busto.

1st one - Player 3's 3rd pair rivered 2 pairs
2nd one - i hit the nut straight at the turn, player 8 hit flush river.
3rd one on a board 556 - i have the trips. but player 3 rivered 6 to have a higher house.

after 3rd hand - i thought i was busto, walked away and on severe tilt. i even kicked a chair (not too hard) while walking out after rivered 3 times.
A kind japanese came to look for me, leting me know that i covered player 3 and i left with 1.5BB.
Nice, im still alive.

Back to the table, i folded the first 2 hands, had trash. in my 3rd hand, with JT, i called a raise with 3 players to see the flop. flop TT9. nice, good chance to triple up. turn 7 and river 6. i asked my nemesis player 3, the preflop raiser "dont tell me you have the 8?" he showed me pocket 8s.
My parting speech " you rivered me again" as i showed my JT. And i walked past the same chair again and more on tilt this time..
MJFX
Great White Shark

Postby Brasstal » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:24 pm

unlucky i heard about the chair kicking =.=
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Good Seller (1)

Postby Afternoon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:36 pm

@Bryan
Congrats on your 2nd placing in the Red Dragon competition, another big winning into the pocket. More to come !

@Ricky
Keep trying, Bro ! you are nearer and nearer liao.

@Vinson
Online / live game both also very can lah ..... Sibehho !

@Minsoon
I think you need a "Uncle" to stand behind you in order to win ... hahaha
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby yugsy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Evening Chaps,

Do I count as an honourary Singaporean?? If so add another to the final table - busted 10th place.....lol

Bryan, unlucky mate was keeping an on eye on the live feed when I was waiting for my flight! Good Luck in the next one, maybe see you there!
yugsy
New Fish

Next

Return to Asian Poker News